Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:02:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs◁ DO NOT CROSS ▷
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: ◁ DO NOT CROSS ▷  (Read 38108 times)
ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2015, 01:37:14 AM »

I don't know exactly why, but I'm getting a pretty strong 'Se7en' vibe from this. You know, the movie by David Fincher. If you're not using it as reference or inspiration I suggest you do! Each one of those intricate crime scenes has its own color schemes, art direction and all that stuff.

A question: will the player be dealing with crimes of a single serial killer or other kinds of "regular" crime as well? Like some kind of side mission to level up your rank, get better tools and such.

I also have to compliment you on the art, man... these pixels are making me thirsty! Loved the front of that old building! Keep up the amazing work!

Hehe, you have a good point. I really should rewatch "Se7ven" when I have some time on my hand. It had a nice atmosphere and could be a great inspiration. I watched it years ago and can barely remember the details Tongue.

I don't want to spoil aspects of the story that I have in mind right now, but you are on the right track. The game will start with normal crime cases which happen every day, to introduce the player to the mechanics of the game. Later on you will encounter cases which are linked to one killer.

You will be able to acquire new tools,but not to help you with the cleanup-jobs. They will offer new ways to investigate the surroundings and gather clues.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:49:41 AM by ZeroTec » Logged

ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2015, 06:55:19 AM »

time for a quick update:

i am working on the functionality of the map screen (need to pixel animations for the other icons, and i am thinking about adding a small location-preview-popup next to the cursor)

added basic walkcycles to the game (they need tweaking but work for now)

....and i am working on some character scribbles when i get sick of the whole pixel-madness ^^

PedroNimbus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2015, 06:11:16 AM »

Oh man, that concept art looks sweet!
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2015, 09:40:38 PM »

Just wanted to chime in and say I love the idea and aesthetic behind the game. I finished True Detective with my wife recently and was wondering why there weren't many games like it!
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2015, 10:31:25 PM »

fuck me i can't not follow this this is absolute fucking gold

that is all

please finish this and make it good

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2015, 12:07:12 AM »

wowowow

love the idea and art and everything behind this.
ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2015, 06:49:26 AM »

Thanks for the very nice and encouraging comments. Embarrassed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today i have some great news! Two new members joined the team and will hopefully speed up production from now on Smiley

Siilk Lone joined as a programmer and will work on the code from now on. This will guarantee that the game will have a solid backbone and is structured well. He has several years of work experience as a programmer and will work his magic on the code.

Pedro Pimentel joined to work on music and SFX. He's studying Music Production / Sound Engineering and will make sure that the game has the melancholic and dark atmosphere we are aiming for.
You can checkout one of his previous projects over here:

http://cryochamber.bandcamp.com/track/it-aint-a-bad-place

I hope that we'll be able to post updates a lot more frequently from now on. Stay tuned Smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few images i posted at "Screenshot Saturday" and on Twitter. I didn't have a lot of time last week, because i spent most of the time writing documents ^^

I'm working on a different location at the moment. This artstyle takes a lot longer than expected -_-

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:25:04 AM by ZeroTec » Logged

RujiK
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2015, 10:02:08 AM »

Your pixel art is incredible, but that swing set looks like it's two feet tall compared to the bench in the background.

I love unorthodox games.

ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2015, 02:07:36 PM »

Your pixel art is incredible, but that swing set looks like it's two feet tall compared to the bench in the background.

I love unorthodox games.

Thanks for pointing it out ^^. It was supposed to be a small children's swing, but you are right that it's much to small. I'll scale it up a bit. After you work some time on one scene, staring at the same view for quite some time, you don't notice stupid mistakes like than anymore .p

Oroboros
Level 0

Senpai

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2015, 02:23:28 PM »

Art is looking cool, the premise is really neat as well. Thing is, looks like he's wearing a hazmat suit- So I'm hoping you throw in some bioterror/radiation/contamination scenarios in there..That would really offer you a chance to stand out from most other crime games.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2015, 02:26:23 PM »

yes. Yes. i want to hit some radiated murder scenes with weird science kills maybe.

and then hit that edge of paranormal without crossing it

or, honestly, feel free to cross it, i'd be down either way

but that seems like the angle here

ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2015, 02:42:49 PM »

Art is looking cool, the premise is really neat as well. Thing is, looks like he's wearing a hazmat suit- So I'm hoping you throw in some bioterror/radiation/contamination scenarios in there..That would really offer you a chance to stand out from most other crime games.

I have to disappoint you. There won't be any bioterror/radiation scenarios. It's quite common that forensic cleaners to work with full body gear. Respirators are worn against the smell. If you have to work in an apartment where a corpse has decayed for several weeks, you don't work equipped just with some gloves and boots. It can be a pretty disgusting job.

It will be pretty different from usual crime games even without scenarios like that. I haven't posted a lot about the story so far, but it won't be a typical crime game where you set out to solve crimes an arrest culprits....it will head in a different direction.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2015, 03:08:16 PM »

Super stoked to hear you've got a full team for the game!
ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2015, 02:01:38 PM »

finished this bastard today. too many pixels.......brain does not compute  Beg

i'll take a break and work on concepts and documents next Tongue

ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2015, 12:46:05 PM »

today's update is not really game-related. i created some fun icons, to divide the devlog from now on ^^

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2015, 04:29:43 AM »

nice nice

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2015, 08:51:20 PM »

It will be pretty different from usual crime games even without scenarios like that. I haven't posted a lot about the story so far, but it won't be a typical crime game where you set out to solve crimes an arrest culprits....it will head in a different direction.

Oh, oooh, does the killer become a secret admirer of your cleaning work? Or does the protagnist become obsessed with the killer's "art"?

Love the progress so far. Definitely interested. Grin

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
El-Metallico
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2015, 11:30:50 PM »

Man, it's getting better and better!

Game music composer and pixelartist.
Music Portfolio 
Pixelart Portfolio
denzgd
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2015, 06:31:50 AM »

Oh, oooh, does the killer become a secret admirer of your cleaning work? Or does the protagnist become obsessed with the killer's "art"?

Man I'd really just rather find out by playing. You gotta keep some stuff secret, for the player to find out Smiley

ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2015, 08:53:33 AM »

Man I'd really just rather find out by playing. You gotta keep some stuff secret, for the player to find out Smiley

Yeah, I am on your side. I won't tell any details. We already have a rough layout of the story with different endings, but there is no point in telling it now.

Oh, oooh, does the killer become a secret admirer of your cleaning work?

Haha, why should be become an admirer of your cleaning? It's a pretty shitty job. You don't have to be a genius to scrub away a few puddles of blood Durr...? . You'll have to wait and see......it's no fun spoiling all the secrets right at the beginning Wink

I think I'll post an update tonight and post a screenhshot of a new location. Unfortunately the cleaning-module is broken right now. If I manage to fix it I'll post some gifs. We spent most of the time figuring out how to restructure the project. Siilk basically rewrote everything from scratch to make sure we have a solid foundation.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic