Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 09:40:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGames that make you want to throw your controller/keyboard....
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Games that make you want to throw your controller/keyboard....  (Read 6840 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2007, 08:49:28 PM »

I was just reading through this NES thread on here and it got me to thinking...is there any newer games out there that the insane level of difficulty has made you scream uncontrollably at your monitor or attempt to throw your controller at the screen?(figuratively...or literally if you'd like) It seemed like the 8-Bit generation was an angry time for me :D I think it was for a lot of other people too....so is there any game out that inspires that same sort of rage?

I don't know about commercial games...but N really pisses me off sometimes lol..

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 08:51:12 PM »

Eternal Daughter had me bashing my keyboard in anger. I don't think any other game has managed to do that.

$@%!-ing ice cats.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 08:52:50 PM »

Eternal Daughter had me bashing my keyboard in anger. I don't think any other game has managed to do that.

$@%!-ing ice cats.

lol

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 09:48:03 PM »

Rick Dangerous - the less said, the better.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 10:33:23 PM »

$@%!-ing ice cats.

:D

I blame Jon Perry. *shifty eyes*
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 11:31:38 PM »

Eternal Daughter is insane. I never got very far in it.

Lately I've been bashing the keyboard over Doom the Roguelike. It's just peachy when the Baron of Hell decides to spend each and every single turn you fight him throwing green fireballs. <.<

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 04:55:31 AM »

The first Driver game.  I just don't understand why the main character only leaves the house 30 seconds before an important meeting on the other side of the city, when police cars will ram him into submission for using the handbrake, let alone speeding.

Also: Bollen.

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 05:12:22 AM »

I don't think I'm even the right person to be answering this question. ANY game makes me angry. Platformers are the worst though, I could never get use to them. Basically you can give me the easiest game you can find, and you can bet that I'll get frustrated somewhere while playing it.  Cry

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 08:19:56 AM »

Mop of Destiny. Its just retarded how annoying and frustrating this game is. I was determined to finish the game because it was another entry in the contest that I was in. Any other time I would have just given up because of the unfair hardness of the game. I was so close to picking up my keyboard and smashing it over my head in the later levels. It is impossible to not get hit during some of the parts, like the first boss where he walks across the screen and there is no way to get over top of him. You should only try this game if you enjoy going bald at a young age.

AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 08:49:13 AM »

Stuntman.  My roomate went through 3 PS2 controllers.  They're not nearly as robust as the gamecube controllers, it turns out...

God of War - the last boss fight...or should I say 3 boss fights with no save point?  It took like 5 hours to get past that part, because I didn't want to turn off and have to replay any of those ridiculously hard fights...

cup full of magic charisma
lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 11:39:40 AM »

I've been playing Dawn of Sorrow on GBA lately and found myself last night turning the game off in disgust while literally yelling, 'bullshit, fucking cheap!'

stupid non-backlit GBA

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 11:42:21 AM »

Man, I totally forgot about Shadow of the Colossus:

....it took me about three hours to beat the second to last colossus....the weak spot was on his FRIGGIN' HAND, damnit....lol...yeah that game got me really, really angry....but it still is a great game...I am going to have to pick it up again and try to beat it on hard (blood pressure rising...arrgghh) I am sure that'll turn me into the damn hulk lol...

papamook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 01:56:50 AM »

Counter Strike Source, but its mainly because of my Internet spikes, occasional low fps and the dicks and noobs that usually play
Pigbuster
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 06:08:55 PM »

Fighting against the Globe Holder in Ecco 2.

It's a giant ball that is attached to the walls with 2 bubble-chains, and you have to swim around and charge into it perfectly so you can break one of the chains, then break the other. The giant ball would then bounce unpredictably all around the room. It would probably end up crushing you, but you had to charge it into the wall. After doing this way too many times, it might finally die.

There is no game that makes me as angry as coding does, however. I have a fit when I can't tell why my code isn't working. :D
rz.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 08:30:17 PM »

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but really the flight school was just ridiculously difficult for me. i attacked my dresser with my ps2 controller. Sad
wourme
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 10:16:33 PM »

Castlevania (the first one) got me pretty frustrated. And I never did beat the Grim Reaper.

Also, when I played Ratchet and Clank, I didn't know about boosts in the racing part. After countless attempts, I finally beat it (without boosts). That was pretty frustrating.

When I was young, I had a friend who would often yell "This game cheats!" and break the controller. They had a box of spare parts to repair their controllers, ordering more when they didn't have the right parts.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 08:54:50 AM »

...when I played Ratchet and Clank, I didn't know about boosts in the racing part. After countless attempts, I finally beat it (without boosts).

I have had a senior moment such as this...

The sad part is it wasn't the first time I had played the game either (though, to be fair I hadn't played it in awhile)so, anyways, I started playing FF:Tactics again and I totally forgot that you could select more people from the start screen...so I ended up beating 5 guys with the two guys that I thought I was required to beat them with...that sucked ass...but I beat them...and then I realized what a dumbass I was lol...

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 08:53:23 AM »

Spy Hunter on the GameCube was the first game that actually made me throw a controller. My nine year old self was frustrated on Battletoads (perhaps dating myself) but he never threw a controller. He wouldn't do such a thing, because he had proper impulse control.

However, my more adult self happily hurled an orange GameCube controller through a chunk of drywall after becoming enraged trying to force the other Spy Hunter vehicle to spin out on his oil slicks for the 50th consecutive time. To this day, I still twitch whenever I even hear the song Double Vision.

I understand that now there was some way to look behind the Spy Hunter Mobile to see what you were about to oil slick, but this just makes me angrier.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 08:56:09 AM by ravuya » Logged

Hedenius
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 09:32:02 AM »

I must agree with Grim Reaper in Castlevania. I could never beat him on the original NES, i had to use an emulator with save states. Im pathetic  Roll Eyes

Golden Sun on the GBA also made me loose my temper. When you get stuck in a dungeon and trying to find out what to do, you constantly get interrupted by random encounters every two seconds. I actually could not finish the game because of this, it's just to annoying.

Banana Nababa is another frustrating (but great) game. I havn't even completed it yet since i can only play in short periods of time before i get angry and close it.

Natuki is another great, but sometimes highly annoying game. At the later levels you can spend alot of time trying to solve it, and when you only got a single item left to catch you touch a freaking spike and you die. This means you have to do everything all over again. This game demands total concentration when you get far into it.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 09:47:13 AM »

Actually, now that I remember it...the original Final Fantasy for NES was a complete pain in the ass in some spots....mostly at the end though where you had to fight all of the bosses again before you fought the final boss! Arghh!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic