Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:02:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGames that make you want to throw your controller/keyboard....
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Games that make you want to throw your controller/keyboard....  (Read 6839 times)
Tr00jg
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 11:23:18 AM »

Jumper + Jumper 2. Gosh that was so frikken frustrating.  Angry
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 11:37:54 PM »

Jumper + Jumper 2. Gosh that was so frikken frustrating.  Angry

Yeah, I was gonna say that... Also, NES TMNT anyone?

ChevyRay
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 02:15:42 AM »

Also, NES TMNT anyone?
YES
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 02:31:33 AM »

Also, NES TMNT anyone?
YES

I was surprised that this hadn't come up already :D

Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 05:35:51 AM »

Turok Evolution. I picked it up a few months ago for four dollars (new) which gives you an idea of the quality of the game if you weren't already aware of its reputation. However, it has the same "fuck beta testing/graphics/sensible level design" level of difficulty that you don't get in a lot of games anymore.
Somehow I found it endearing in a battletoads kind of way. The game punishes you with sudden random deaths constantly, then makes you sit and wait for two minutes as it loads up the player over-fucking engine again.
The first time I've EVER thrown a controller was during a level I think was called "meltdown", in which you must run through some linear corridors and die fifty times or so. Scripted INSTADEATH explosions are going off constantly with no prior warning, enemies are shooting at you, and if you dawdle at all you will die when the reactor explosion catches up to you. Even though there are rooms full of powerups everywhere, getting them equals death from either the time limit or the constant scripted explosions. Completing the stage requires lots of luck and memorisation of the explosion locations, and a fraction of a second's mistake brings death and a loading screen.

Add to that the numerous pointless flying levels (fucking packed with instant-death invisible walls) which get ridiculously difficult towards the end mainly due to terrible controls, the fact that the game takes various weapons away for no reason between levels, the way the game frequently throws flying machinegunning monsters or never-miss snipers at you when you're on a platform with no cover, the incoherent plot told in blurred text on loading screens, and... fuck this. I need to lie down.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 05:37:24 AM by Radix » Logged
Movius
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 06:30:39 AM »

Godhand drives me into a controller launching rage regularly. Only for me to pick it up seconds later to start playing again and repeat the process.

No doubt I'll eventually be nursing a smashed PS2 controller longing to play the very game that indirectly smashed it. I do have a second PS2 controller but it's currently connected to the PC for the playing of Pro Evolution Soccer 6, which has a similar effect with it's interpretation of no user input what-so-ever being "I should have the selected striker run 50 metres backwards to arrive just in time to concede an own goal." So this controller will no doubt also suffer the same fate.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2007, 12:15:28 PM »

Also, NES TMNT anyone?
YES

I was surprised that this hadn't come up already :D

Yeah that game is tough....but I am a Turtle Masta lol....

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Demean
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2007, 03:15:32 PM »

The god-damn spike walls in hell during God of War.

ARGH. Angry
idiotmeat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2007, 12:08:00 AM »

I remember getting really pissed when trying to get the invincibility cheat in goldeneye - near controller tossing levels.

Also SMT:Nocturne was driving me crazy the other day.  Nothing like not being at a save point for a while, having a megatama (or whatever it's called) that whose weakness is your enemy's strength, and getting obliterated before you can say "My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard"
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2007, 06:44:04 AM »

TimSplitters 2 on Hard.

God, if there's ANY game you have to do everything right...
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2007, 06:50:31 AM »

TimSplitters 2 on Hard.

God, if there's ANY game you have to do everything right...

I never did get the gold medal for the duckmen in the asylum challenge... or that one with the robots and rocket launchers. Some really great challenges in that!

idiotmeat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2007, 02:28:57 PM »

Is Timesplitters 2 any harder than Future Perfect?  I've had a terrible time with hard mode on that game
frosty
Level 1

ice cold & refreshing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2007, 12:49:30 AM »

Nearly all of the Rainbow Six games, not including Vegas (yet).  You can creak open a door two inches and the Tango on the other side will still get a kill shot within milliseconds.

Still love that damn series, though. 

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2007, 09:15:25 AM »

Man, I remember Goldeneye was pretty damn hard on 00 Agent especially if you wanted to unlock the cheats like invincibility. I mean c'mon you must be pretty hardcore to beat the Facility in 2 minutes...

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic