Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:36:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsComputer Virus Simulator - Patreon is live!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: Computer Virus Simulator - Patreon is live!  (Read 57216 times)
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2015, 06:18:39 AM »

I'll try to get out new testbuild next week to show off new controls and enemy AI. Maybe, if I can finish it by the next Wednesday, I'll include first level as well (though chronologically it would fall pretty late as I've figured it's relatively hard to play through, even through the stuff already made for it).

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2015, 07:39:03 AM »

Look what I've been working on:

The UI is pretty much non-functional yet and values for score, health and virus name are mockups, but it will be soon.

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2015, 09:35:59 AM »

Testbuild #3 is released! Check this post for download and changes!

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2015, 06:20:25 PM »

So I've figured out you deserve another screenshot of the level I am making for this game:

As you can see, it is bit more complete than before. Between working on AI and the hud/scoring (which still isn't complete, although Virus can now get hurt and even die), I've managed to also get some work done on the level.

Those waterfally things in the background are in fact part of the future "dome" that will start proper action of the level. The basic idea is for the player to wall jump or get via other means from those red walls to the platform, get through the shaft and then the real action begins. The dome will be linked to other rooms, this will be kinda "choose your own adventure" part of the level that will be less linear, but not too much so you wouldn't get lost.

As you can see, level now just somewhat hangs in the air. That won't be case forever, though. But prettying things up must wait until I have all main code done and all 5 levels for the demo.

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2015, 09:55:33 AM »

I've finished a Music Processor, which means that now I can set a music to be played thorough level with a simple trigger. Since I don't have much to show, because of an audio nature of this post, please observe this flatshaded music note instead.

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2016, 03:36:31 AM »

I had to rewrite music processor and implement resource loader before game starts due to performance issues. This was easy, but took a few days.

I've also started to hook up scenes to Playable Main Menu, so I can get from it to level editor (necessary for further testing) and after that I'll implement level list in the menu that lets you get into actual game.

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2016, 10:39:33 AM »

Phew, my work regarding music trigger is done, now it works as expected. Also I've linked level editor to my playable main menu. One thing I need to do is to add an option to return to main menu from level editor and return from the level to main menu (a rudimentary pause menu). Then I can start working on levels without having to launch Unity.

But that can wait, for now I'll work on the first level. Preferably I want to release a demo before end of March (as in proper playable demo, not testbuild).

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2016, 09:26:36 AM »

Implemented pause system and a way to get back into level editor after testing level. Now I can get to making level once again, but now in a productive fashion! Yay! Soon I want to post new screenies, I wonder if I manage to.

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2016, 09:26:04 AM »

The dome starts to look nice. From it, you'll be able to get to other rooms and then to the end of the level.

The main goal of this level will be to recover few datagrams hidden within.

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2016, 11:35:54 PM »

Still working on that dome thing. Making levels out of basic 3D primitives is HARD!

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2016, 12:25:04 AM »

Added joystick support for the Computer Virus Simulator. Control scheme isn't perfect yet, but I believe I can get it working.

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2016, 03:18:26 AM »

I am in the process of integrating dialogue system into Computer Virus Simulator. Would have to do that anyway sooner or later, so this is as good time as any.

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2016, 11:44:33 AM »

After few weeks of stalled development, I finally found solution to one thing I had to implement for dialogs, randomized pitch sounds for each character in dialog, giving a nice banjo-kazooie like effect without having to record several different samples. Dialog processor is also in the works. I'm happy I can finally resume development again.

Regarding level I'm building, the dome is almost finished and I've even started to beautify it a bit with non-level necessary objects, such as clouds.

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2016, 04:00:25 AM »

Working on a dialogue editor. While you wait for me to finish it, have a screenshot of a level I'm working on for the initial demo:

As you can see, progress has been made on it.

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2016, 04:19:02 AM »

Work is almost done on dialogue editor. After short depression episode I've manage to virtually finish GUI and code behind it. Few things need to be done still, but it's working and remaining stuff shouldn't be too hard.

Here's how it looks like:

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2016, 07:55:59 AM »

Just checking in to say that dialogue editor is almost finished. The only things that are left to do are saving and changing currently edited sequence. Have a great day!

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2016, 01:56:20 AM »

Just letting the info out. For the past one and half (well, over half) a week I was unable to work on the game due to my computer screen's failure. Fortunately got a used one cheaply for a good price from an old acquaintance of mine (funny thing: Didn't know I was buying from him until I went to get it as I've found it via Polish CraigsList analogue, OLX) few days ago and I've been working on the game since then.

Just letting it out as I've thought you deserve to know (I value transparency). No new screens or vids/gifs today as there's nothing to show for now, but the dialogue editor is virtually done, the only thing I need to figure out is saving/loading routines. Will have to think about it for few days.

Have a nice weekend!

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2016, 08:07:40 AM »

Good news. Save/load routines are halfway done - it saves dialogues into level file but does not load them (yet). As soon as I'm done with it and test dialogue processor, I can continue work on actual levels. Amazing, isn't it?

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2016, 09:36:25 AM »

Woohoo! Dialogues are being loaded and saved properly. Tomorrow I'll start testing dialogue processor, but first I need to create appropriate trigger and document it.

When it's tested and done, I'll get to work on health and datagram pickups (there will be two ways of restoring health: either go on "damage" trigger that has negative value of damage and will heal you or collect red health pickup which will restore 5% of your health*scale of it).

There may be also a video showing off dialogue editor and dialogue system, but I'm not promising anything.

Be a computer virus!

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2016, 04:34:36 AM »

Dialogue editor is finished. There's a minor UI bug regarding it, but nothing major that has to be fixed ASAP.

Surprisingly enough, Dialogue Processor worked almost the first time I've tried it (though I had to fix a bug that caused a NRE, which was easy). There are minor bugs in it, which I am about to start fixing.

Follow me on Twitter for my ramblings and news regarding CVS. Using hashtag #ComputerVirusSimulator when you're talking about this game would be appreciated as well.

Be a computer virus!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic