Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:46:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[Arcade Racer] Super Night Riders (Season One Teaser!)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: [Arcade Racer] Super Night Riders (Season One Teaser!)  (Read 19970 times)
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2015, 12:31:23 PM »

Super Night Riders is a modern checkpoint arcade racer series inspired by 1980s retro classics.

Each season features an exclusive playable female pro racer and 36 stages in 6 locations.

In this series, your position in the race does not matter. It's all about traveling as far as possible while dodging the other riders, and reaching each checkpoint before the timer hits zero.

All the races starts during the day and continue through the night right up until sunrise.

This series features 2 visual styles: Super and Classic.

Super Night Riders S1 (Season One) is a full remake of the 2016 Super Night Riders.

It is available to wishlist on Steam.

Super Night Riders S2 (Season Two) is true sequel built on the foundation of S1 but featuring 100% new content.

Both S1 & S2 are planned for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam.

The original Super Night Riders (2016) is available right now on PlayStation 4 US, PlayStation 4 EU, Xbox One and Steam.

Any feedback on this thread would be much appreciated. Thanks Wink

About neko.works
neko.works is a one person indie game studio from France making modern renditions of classic concepts.

Super Night Riders S1
Website

Super Night Riders S2
Website

« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 09:56:47 AM by neko.works » Logged

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 07:04:56 PM »

Having spent a crazy amount of time on Hang-On (on my master system) back in my youth related days, I am already a fan of this.

Also, pretty. Very pretty.

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 08:23:49 AM »

Thanks! I'm also a big fan of Hang-On (obviously...), spent so much money on the arcade when I was a kid!

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 08:29:00 AM »

Keep stylized. We have more than enough reality sims.

Yeah.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 09:40:22 AM »

That's what I wanted to hear! Easier, and I actually like it this way.

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 09:33:26 AM »

And also, I miss Motorhead. And your game seems a "motorcicled" version of it.

Yeah.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 04:40:54 PM »

Didn't know about this game. Just checked on Youtube, looks good!

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 08:37:52 AM »

New shot, featuring the new 3D models for the riders! What do you think guys about this the new look?  Smiley

[EDITED]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:07:34 AM by neko.works » Logged

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 10:41:48 AM »

I've created a web-page for the project. Please check it out: http://neko.works/supernightriders

Here's some new artworks:

CraigSnedeker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 10:28:03 AM »

Really like the look and feel of the game.

Would you ever consider an Android TV port?  Shrug
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 12:16:33 PM »

Thanks! And yes, the game is also planned for Mobile, and of course Mobile based platforms - Android TV included!

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 01:30:23 PM »

Nice, I would love to see some more quality games on Android TV. You should hit up Nvidia for depoloyment on the Shield TV + consoles. You could probably get some solid exposure from them once you have something playable or are ready to launch.

https://developer.nvidia.com/shield-featured-developer

I have a fairly wide range of mobile devices (original nvidia shield included) around, so if you need help testing hit me up.

Sam Oz
Level 0

French composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 03:00:13 PM »

I follow the project, it looks simple and fun !

But is it not too hard to do several projects at once? I know you also make a RPG ...

PS: Do you are French ?

Composer and sound designer

Soundcloud
Twitter
Facebook
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 07:45:10 AM »

@blekdar:
The original Night Riders is available on Android TV, it's not nearly as ambitious, but it's fun. Please check it out!
Never tried getting on the Shield platforms before. Is there an exclusive appshop for Nvidia? I'll definitively check it out for my upcoming games!
Thanks for the testing offer, a bit too early for now, but I'll keep this in mind Smiley

@Sam Oz:
Thanks!
For now the priority is Project Light, I'm just working on Super Night Riders occasionally.
Yes I'm French, is my English this bad? Wink

Igor Sandman
Level 0

Artist and Game dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 08:36:32 AM »

I like those concept art sketches.
The proportions of your character are nice.
It's not too standard of an anime style.

GalaethGames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 08:59:26 AM »

This looks great! The game and the art!!

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 09:46:46 AM »

The original Night Riders is available on Android TV, it's not nearly as ambitious, but it's fun. Please check it out!
Never tried getting on the Shield platforms before. Is there an exclusive appshop for Nvidia? I'll definitively check it out for my upcoming games!
Thanks for the testing offer, a bit too early for now, but I'll keep this in mind Smiley

I'm not 100% how the shield tv works, but on the original shield + tablet there is a curated list of games that are 'optimized' for the tegra line of devices (runs well, controller support). Selecting the buy option however just links you to the google play page. It is nice though as it runs as the default launcher and it's good to get exposure. I found quite a few games via the original shield that I otherwise wouldn't have known about.

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 09:59:38 AM »

Thanks guys Smiley

@blekdar: I see. So basically I'll have to release the game on Google Play with a support of the Shield features, then ask Nvidia for exposure. Sounds easy enough, I'll probably do it.

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 03:06:45 PM »

Hi guys Smiley

I've been experimenting with Unity since a few days, porting the original Night Riders code to Unity (custom engine in JAVA / OpenGL ES2 / Android).

This prototype is now playable, and I actually like it! I kept the original low poly style and upgraded a few things. Here's a few shots:

[EDITED]

Here's how the original Night Riders looked:

And here's a shot from the first Super Night Riders prototype, with it's new 3D models and realistic look:

[EDITED]

The question is, do I keep the realistic look for Super Night Riders, or do I go the lowpoly road like in the Unity port?

The lowpoly version is obviously much easier to make, as I'm using my old road design system. It should be released in only 1 to 2 month!
The realistic version does look better, but it is much harder to make. I've still not found a solution for the tracks transition like in the original here:
http://neko.works/upload/362.mp4

So, what do you say guys? Realistic, or lowpoly?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:08:17 AM by neko.works » Logged

lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 03:56:39 PM »

Personally, I prefer the lowpoly look to the realistic one, but I'm just a fan of lowpoly in general. d:

My games on  GameJolt.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic