Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:17:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[Arcade Racer] Super Night Riders (Season One Teaser!)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: [Arcade Racer] Super Night Riders (Season One Teaser!)  (Read 19969 times)
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2016, 01:17:29 AM »

Hey guys Wink

I've been working on implementing achievements, coming soon in a free update on the Windows Store.

I've also been working on the 3 next releases for Super Night Riders: Xbox One, Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux) and Android TV. All these releases will feature online leaderboards and achievements day one!

Featured on Siliconera Smiley
siliconera.com/2016/01/28/low-poly-arcade-racer-super-night-riders-now-available-windows-10/

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2016, 06:26:41 AM »

Hey guys Wink

At last, Super Night Riders is coming to Steam! With support for cloud saves, online achievements and leaderboards.

The game is visible in the store right now, in the coming soon section, and will be available to download on the 22nd February:
store.steampowered.com/app/444000

Still planned on many more platforms, targeting Q1 2016 for most. I'm currently working on the Xbox One version.

Thanks for following the development of Super Night Riders on this thread!

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2016, 07:41:18 AM »

Hello Smiley

Super Night Riders is now available to download on Steam. Please check it out Smiley

Also if possible, please help spread the word on your social networks. Here's the main tweet:
http://twitter.com/bakanekofr/status/701790962008260610

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2016, 03:17:58 AM »

Super Night Riders on Steam is 40% off until the end of the week. Can you resist Alice? Smiley

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:19:45 AM by neko.works » Logged

Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2016, 04:17:41 PM »

Just checking out your game (again I think). Curious what marketing you pushed behind it for the upcoming launch and eventual release?

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
- devlogs: xona.com/tigsource
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2016, 04:52:12 PM »

Just checking out your game (again I think). Curious what marketing you pushed behind it for the upcoming launch and eventual release?
Did you even read the devlog? The game been on steam since end february lol.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2016, 01:29:51 AM »

I didn't do much marketing for the Steam release (on the 22th February), just contacted a few SEGA fan-sites and such. Zero budget for ads.

The game is now available for pre-order on Xbox One, and will be released on the 18th May!

Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2016, 11:46:15 AM »

b∀kkusa,

Yes I knew that. I also know of the upcoming Xbox One release in a few days.

To clarify: I wanted to know what work was done before the release, but I wrote it unclear. I wanted to ask about what marketing push was done -- in the past -- as the game was launching and releasing including the days and weeks after the release.

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2016, 01:50:45 PM »

Hi everyone! It has been a while Smiley

As you might know, Super Night Riders is currently available on both Steam (50% off this week by the way Cheesy) and Xbox One. Coming to more platforms in 2017.

I'm currently planning 2 free major updates. The first one will improve on the graphics, gameplay and UI, and the second one will focus on adding more content (doubling the stage count!). Both should be released in 2017.

I've been working on the first update recently, experimenting with a new graphics style, more "current gen". Here's a WIP shot...

[EDITED]

... and here's how the same stage looks like on the latest public release:

[EDITED]

What do you think guys about the new look? I know that some people might still prefer the old stylized look, so I'll probably include both on the release, "Super" and "Classic" modes, tweaking the classic mode too by the way!

Any thoughts? Wink
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:00:49 AM by neko.works » Logged

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2017, 03:09:05 AM »

Wow! The "current gen" look is great!

And yes, please do include both modes.

Yeah.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2017, 03:47:14 PM »

Thanks Smiley

Here's a new shot from the new "Super" visual style, featuring more realistic textures / props, and better FXs:

[EDITED]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:01:11 AM by neko.works » Logged

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2017, 04:56:26 PM »

I've been working on the 2 new visual styles again. In the classic style, I've replaced the riders 3D models with the old ones from the original Night Riders.

Any thoughts? Wink

[EDITED]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:01:38 AM by neko.works » Logged

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2017, 09:06:18 AM »

The 1st Anniversary Update is now live on Steam, and coming to Xbox One a bit later this month.

The major new feature is the 2 visual styles you can choose from: Super and Classic.

Super VS Classic:

Screenshots:

Gameplay:

Any thoughts? Wink

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2017, 03:21:44 PM »

Super Night Riders is 50% off this week on Steam. Please check it out!

Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2017, 04:40:10 PM »

Just played Super Night Riders for the first time, on PC/Steam. It is very well done. I can tell the influence from the 80's arcade racers that I love. And the game is not too easy. I beat stages 1..4 and almost 5. Too bad this is not catching on more. I think your polish is great, including graphics, leaderboards, and achievements. Good job.

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2017, 06:48:57 AM »

Just played Super Night Riders for the first time, on PC/Steam. It is very well done. I can tell the influence from the 80's arcade racers that I love. And the game is not too easy. I beat stages 1..4 and almost 5. Too bad this is not catching on more. I think your polish is great, including graphics, leaderboards, and achievements. Good job.

Thanks for your feedback Smiley Happy that you like it Wink

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2017, 07:36:42 AM »

Just got back to the game. It's very ideal for busy people, because the courses are fairly short. The soundtrack is great. You did a very good job.

You should do a follow-up, or a car game along these lines.

OR I WILL AND BECOME MILLIONAIRE!!!

Yeah.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2017, 09:22:51 AM »

Just got back to the game. It's very ideal for busy people, because the courses are fairly short. The soundtrack is great. You did a very good job.

You should do a follow-up, or a car game along these lines.

OR I WILL AND BECOME MILLIONAIRE!!!

Thanks for playing Wink

I still plan to support Super Night Riders. I've started working on a free content update that will bring more stages along with a few improvements, but it probably won't happen until next year.

My focus right now is Light Fairytale, until the release of the first episode in Q4 2017.

By the way, Super Night Riders is currently 50% off on the Humble Store Smiley

The game: http://www.humblebundle.com/store/super-night-riders
The downloadable soundtrack & art: http://www.humblebundle.com/store/super-night-riders-soundtrack-and-artworks

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2017, 08:56:44 AM »

Suggestion: Bundle the original Night Riders on that content update!
I'd really be interested in knowing how you made the track. Is it that pseudo 3D I read about?

Yeah.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2017, 12:45:53 PM »

Suggestion: Bundle the original Night Riders on that content update!

The stages from the original Night Riders aren't designed the same way. So, I prefer to design new stages Wink

The plan is to make 6 new stages with 6 variations for each one. The same organization as the current 6 courses, basically doubling the stage count Smiley

I'd really be interested in knowing how you made the track. Is it that pseudo 3D I read about?

The road is actually a 3D polygonal mesh that deforms to give the impression of turns and hills. The illusion of speed is done by scrolling the UVs of the textures.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic