Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 02:35:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFlotsam: A survival building sim in a flooded world
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38
Print
Author Topic: Flotsam: A survival building sim in a flooded world  (Read 175512 times)
The_Observer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: July 22, 2016, 04:50:36 AM »

I heard you like boats so I put a boat on your boat on your boat on your boat on your boat on your boat on your boat.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 22, 2016, 05:20:32 AM »

You're confusing Xzibit with T-pain

michelmohr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: July 22, 2016, 05:28:40 AM »

Oh there's more!!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:51:07 AM by fusedotcore » Logged

The_Observer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: July 22, 2016, 05:29:31 AM »

You're supposed to fix that!

The_Observer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: August 02, 2016, 07:05:43 AM »

Time for an overdue update!

Gamescom is slowly but surely creeping closer, too close.
We've been fixing bugs and glitches here and there. Some small, some big, some rare, some very regular, some old, some recent.

Most of them have been fixed now, but last week I've tried to solve a long existing one that I just couldn't fix.
In some instances a drifter gets scaled very weirdly(=squashed) when attached to a construction.
I went through all my code and found nothing, so we did some tests in a clean Unity-project and we found the culprit.

Examine evidence piece A:

If you non-uniformly scale a sphere, rotate it and then make it the parent of a cube, it skews the cube instead of scaling and rotating it! After discussing it with some people that's apparently expected behavior but for us it wasn't...
Now I know what the problem was I've been able to mostly fix it. There's still some squashing issues, but those will be easily fixed now I guess.

Today we also got a nice delivery. We expected to get it tomorrow but the mailman came early and delivered our banner for Gamescom!
Look how happy Stan is!

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 30, 2016, 05:55:30 AM »

Been having lots of fun with this fella

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 30, 2016, 05:57:56 AM »

Oh shit, Sabre-tooth Whale! Who, Me?
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: August 30, 2016, 11:02:25 AM »

It actually looks kind of cute ~ probably the large puppy eyes  Shocked   But I'm gonna keep my harpoon ready ... just in case. Wink

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 08, 2016, 10:48:03 AM »

Oh shit, Sabre-tooth Whale! Who, Me?

It actually looks kind of cute ~ probably the large puppy eyes  Shocked   But I'm gonna keep my harpoon ready ... just in case. Wink

Yeah I wanted that "elephants from jungle book" vibe, durdly fat and cute, but could probably accidentally kill you but that would be "ok" -vibe  Durr...?

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 26, 2016, 10:15:28 AM »

Hey everyone,

Just a heads up that we're going to Indigo tomorrow.
(a small event by dutchgamegarden in The Netherlands)

http://www.dutchgamegarden.nl/indigo/main/

If anyone's going there, come and say hi!

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 06, 2017, 11:05:48 AM »

Haven't posted in a while, unfortunately.

Good news though! We'll be at EGX Rezzed in the Leftfield collection showing Flotsam!
To anyone who is going, come say hi!

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: March 22, 2017, 02:53:15 AM »

Awesome!

So much cool stuff at Rezzed this year, so sad I can't make it  Cry

foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: March 22, 2017, 08:58:00 AM »

Is the way you handle 3D graphics technically similar to Borderlands? Cause it looks visually similar. And I like both. Smiley
And I like the original twist on "survival" game, instead of just being in the woods or a desert island. Smiley

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 22, 2017, 01:55:55 PM »

Awesome!

So much cool stuff at Rezzed this year, so sad I can't make it  Cry

Ah, howcome you can't make it?

Is the way you handle 3D graphics technically similar to Borderlands? Cause it looks visually similar. And I like both. Smiley
And I like the original twist on "survival" game, instead of just being in the woods or a desert island. Smiley

It's just a handpainted diffuse really, I think the borderlands team uses the same technique (handpainting diffuse) and adds normal maps etc. Borderlands is a bit more realistic in their style.

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: March 24, 2017, 10:34:17 AM »

Ah, howcome you can't make it?

Partly money and partly I have an alpha release planned for 4th April! Proper gutted, would have been cool to hang out again Smiley

The_Observer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: March 26, 2017, 01:12:52 PM »

Shame. I've been talking with Maarten about the development of Mable, you're making good progress!
Good luck with the alpha release! There'll surely be more chances to meet again later. Smiley

Interactionman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: March 28, 2017, 03:38:56 PM »

Looking forward to trying this out on Friday at Rezzed! #flotsamfriday!

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 05, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »

Looking forward to trying this out on Friday at Rezzed! #flotsamfriday!

@Interactionman: Dave insists we make #flotsamfriday happen now.

We made an intro screen for Rezzed to give a small introduction to the game for the people playing it, we found it to be pretty effective for the people that actually read it.

wazeau
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: April 08, 2017, 01:40:48 PM »

Hey guys,
We just got back from EGX Rezzed, where we showed an early version of the game to the public for the first time!
A lot of great insights were gained for the game design thanks to the playtests. We're now discussing some a few changes because of that, but we'll talk more about that in a later update.

Our screenshot saturday!

I made a paintover of an in-game screenshot to flesh out the underwater world of Flotsam, as well as improve some old models and textures for buildings. The storage yard and town heart visuals will be updated soon for instance.

We're also trying to figure out how to combine above and below surface environments, without it all becoming noisy and unreadable. It's tricky working with these 2 layers, where you have important stuff showing both under and above water. We can't use stylized painted water because of this, because it would cover the underwater features..

As it's a building simulator, the town and the villagers are probably the most important, so these need to be most visible. I guess we can give the underwater features low detailed textures and fog. I hope we can test that out soon enough.

Frappa Studio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: April 08, 2017, 01:56:31 PM »

Very good idea and graphics !

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic