Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:22:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFlotsam: A survival building sim in a flooded world
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38
Print
Author Topic: Flotsam: A survival building sim in a flooded world  (Read 175956 times)
wazeau
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: June 17, 2017, 09:24:31 AM »

Hello Tigerinos  Who, Me?

Here's a little gif of our salvaging system as it now. Might be a little too powerful.. Could use some tweaking I think Cheesy

The_Observer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: June 19, 2017, 07:27:30 AM »

Oh, forgot to mention.  Regarding post topics, I'd be interested in a "progress report".  Something along the lines of what has been implemented, what remains to do.  Possibly, what has changed from the beginning - e.g. no longer applicable.

Good idea! I've been thinking of starting 'patch notes' a few weeks before we start testing groups.

But already a lot has changed and it would indeed be cool to see how Flotsam has changed from that to this.

thunderlight10
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 20, 2017, 12:36:54 PM »

Pleaae bring this game to PS4 and please contact 505 games if you guys to make a retail physical release of this game they did it for Stardew Valley, Rocket League and much more!
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: June 21, 2017, 01:41:11 AM »

That is a lot of salvage.

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 24, 2017, 07:49:32 AM »

Pleaae bring this game to PS4 and please contact 505 games if you guys to make a retail physical release of this game they did it for Stardew Valley, Rocket League and much more!

First things first, getting the game ready for alpha testing on pc Smiley

It's screenshotsaturday so here's some concept art of different flotsam pieces we might or might not make in the future. Trying to find what works and what doesn't from a distance and what's aesthetically pleasing.

justincavenagh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: June 24, 2017, 05:29:34 PM »

Is there a demo/test build available? This looks really fun Smiley

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 26, 2017, 06:31:19 AM »

Is there a demo/test build available? This looks really fun Smiley

Not yet, but we'll be calling out for testers soon. (give it a couple of months)

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 01, 2017, 08:14:54 AM »

We've put one of our ships on sketchfab, I guess we never -really- shared how it looks in 3D, so here:

https://skfb.ly/68XLF

Not sure if you guys like these kind of things, but we can share more of these for sure.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #468 on: July 01, 2017, 04:54:31 PM »

Thank you for sharing it is so nice to view your work in 3D, wonderful!

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 09, 2017, 08:24:52 AM »

Didn't share a saturday sceen, here's a funny bug though

GIF compression killed it a bit too! oh well

Canned Turkey
« Reply #470 on: July 09, 2017, 02:51:57 PM »

This looks so absolutely good, I can't get over how pretty the depth into the water looks, and how coherent the visuals are.
 Hand Clap
Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 10, 2017, 01:35:15 AM »

This looks so absolutely good, I can't get over how pretty the depth into the water looks, and how coherent the visuals are.
 Hand Clap

Thanks man
You should see it when the gif doesn't suck away all the colors :p  /sniffers  Cry

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 15, 2017, 08:23:42 AM »

Wazeau made some cars to put on points of interest and we've thrown em in the water for testing purposes. hehe

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 18, 2017, 04:53:37 AM »

We've been having more and more in-house playtesting events lately to get a good feel of how players perceive our game.
One of the most notable things is that players who see our GIFs etc, don't really have an idea what the game is actually about.

Which, is a weird thing for us, obviously, as we know every part of it and haven't really put much thought into what we should actually share for people unknown to the concept of our game, we just share what we like about the project, really. We share a lot of scenarios of a drifter on a boat,.. but people are getting the impression it's more of an rpg-waterworld kind of deal. When we made the poster for Rezzed, people often thought we were making a fishing game.
We'll be putting a bit more focus on the game's features from,.. give or take next month on. I'm unsure if other people have had the same experiences, or if people have an idea what could be good for sharing?

Another thing is, A big part of our game is that you start with a boat and collect resources to eventually start your base. This however, gave the player a "different" kind of game at the start. Which often led to confusion when the "actual" gameplay began. We've decided to scrap this (for now, or forever, hey who knows? It's iterative game development  Shrug ) and let the player start with a Townheart already. This will probably spark some new start-phase designs.

Lots of things still need testing but we really appreciate people taking their time to play an unfinished game. Can't wait to put a demo out there for people to start testing it via the world wide intrawebs.

Anyway, wanted to make a small post about it

Here's a picture of two of our Czech friends coming by to play Flotsam Smiley

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 22, 2017, 09:29:09 AM »

Been making some footage to test out a simple teaser/trailer. We feel it's a bit too soon for one but want to "feel the waters".

So yeah, here's some ingame footage

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 27, 2017, 06:14:18 AM »

Today was a good day

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 27, 2017, 07:40:13 AM »

I can see an increase in Meme potential
Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 27, 2017, 08:31:56 AM »

I can see an increase in Meme potential

I was mainly messing around with changing widths to test stuff like eyes on death etc.

But damn, I just wanna sneak these in the game, look at this huge chin

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 28, 2017, 02:19:39 AM »

The combination with a V-neck is a nice touch
Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 28, 2017, 04:17:13 AM »

Oh, we can go deeper.