Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:18:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFlotsam: A survival building sim in a flooded world
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38
Print
Author Topic: Flotsam: A survival building sim in a flooded world  (Read 175918 times)
wazeau
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #680 on: June 23, 2018, 09:42:59 AM »

Instead of making a normal shaped town, why not make a three masted caravel so you can crash into ruins faster!
Nothing new this week, just trying some interesting town shapes  Smiley

(edit: hmm many pixels died to bring us this gif..)

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 07, 2018, 11:08:41 AM »

Just a simple sudden race .gif this week Smiley

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 14, 2018, 09:35:37 AM »

We never shared the concepts for those wrecked sailboats, here's a small SS Smiley

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 21, 2018, 11:34:09 AM »

We've added support for different skin colors, slowly but steadily polishing the game!

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 16, 2018, 05:45:52 AM »

WE FINALLY DID IT

WE MADE A GARBAGE TEASER !!

Youtube link:

Twitter link: https://twitter.com/_PajamaLlama/status/1030076062351413248
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/pajamallamagames/videos/245762782738620/

Thanks for all the support so far guys! means a lot!

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #685 on: August 16, 2018, 06:35:47 AM »

Nice!

And what's this I hear about a certain Flash Games portal turned publisher tweeting about your game huh?

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 16, 2018, 07:03:02 AM »

Nice!

And what's this I hear about a certain Flash Games portal turned publisher tweeting about your game huh?

Glad to announce that Kongregate is our publisher!  Grin

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: August 16, 2018, 07:21:02 AM »

Awesome! Congrats you guys Smiley

Toast Right

Just get them to pay for you to go to EGX so I can buy you that beer Wink

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 16, 2018, 07:22:56 AM »

Awesome! Congrats you guys Smiley

Toast Right

Just get them to pay for you to go to EGX so I can buy you that beer Wink

OOmph, when's EGX again?

sam_suite
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: August 18, 2018, 02:47:11 PM »

So glad to hear y'all were picked up by Kongregate! Love those folks. You're in good hands!

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #690 on: August 19, 2018, 01:03:14 AM »

It's 20th to 23rd September - check it out here: https://www.egx.net/egx

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 31, 2018, 06:19:40 AM »

@and: checking out EGX, it'll be super tight, but we might make it.

Anyway,

We recently launched our Steam page!  Gomez
Like a week and a half ago, together with the teaser.
It's going well but it's hard to figure out all the tricks without having released a game beforehand.
We didn't know the impact of user tags, adding those REALLY brought up visibility.

Check out the page here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/821250/Flotsam/
If possible, add appropriate user tags that'd be super helpful!  Beer!

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #692 on: August 31, 2018, 06:37:50 AM »

Looks awesome!

Loving the trailer, I'm getting full on Startopia at sea vibes from it.

My 1 piece of Steam advice that I've picked up from messing around with my page for the past few months is this:

Your first 4 images need to be:
  • As varied as possible
  • As clear as possible at a small size (most people see them most when hovering over search result and they're pretty tiny then)
  • Vibrant! You've got that one covered I think Smiley

Anyway, good luck!

I've wishlisted on my phone app and I'll add user tags when I get chance.

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 31, 2018, 06:44:17 AM »

Looks awesome!

Loving the trailer, I'm getting full on Startopia at sea vibes from it.

My 1 piece of Steam advice that I've picked up from messing around with my page for the past few months is this:

Your first 4 images need to be:
  • As varied as possible
  • As clear as possible at a small size (most people see them most when hovering over search result and they're pretty tiny then)
  • Vibrant! You've got that one covered I think Smiley

Anyway, good luck!

I've wishlisted on my phone app and I'll add user tags when I get chance.

Oh, awesome thanks!
I'll get on it and get it readable and varied :D

Edit: any tricks for wishlists, those going well for you?

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #694 on: August 31, 2018, 07:27:55 AM »

Not that well...

I range from 2-5 per day (excluding the first week - that was much higher). It's a bit frustrating because about 15-20% of people who go to the page do wishlist it, but I rarely get more than 20 visitors per day.

Saying that, the conversion rate has gone up from around 5-7% from me tweaking the content on the page. I try different things and give it a week, then compare conversion rate to the week before.

Next step is adding some GIFs in (but I can't try that change until I check the stats tomorrow!)

I guess once it's optimised for wishlist conversions, it's all about driving folks to the page. Apart from press, I'm not sure how to do that! I should probably tweet more and include links but I struggle to find the time to put a tweet together that's worth sending tbh...

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 31, 2018, 07:33:20 AM »

Not that well...

I range from 2-5 per day (excluding the first week - that was much higher). It's a bit frustrating because about 15-20% of people who go to the page do wishlist it, but I rarely get more than 20 visitors per day.

Saying that, the conversion rate has gone up from around 5-7% from me tweaking the content on the page. I try different things and give it a week, then compare conversion rate to the week before.

Next step is adding some GIFs in (but I can't try that change until I check the stats tomorrow!)

I guess once it's optimised for wishlist conversions, it's all about driving folks to the page. Apart from press, I'm not sure how to do that! I should probably tweet more and include links but I struggle to find the time to put a tweet together that's worth sending tbh...

Oh man, I had a really hard time getting "into" twitter as well, but it's getting better and better. You can just be yourself and not make useless tweets. The best advice I ever got was to just be active. Engage with others, when you talk about your game do it with a passion, not as a task.

Those wishlist numbers seem really low, we're only in it for a week so I don't know what it will be like in those huge gaps..
All I know is you need about ~~50k wishlists just to get featured..

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #696 on: August 31, 2018, 12:08:00 PM »

Those wishlist numbers seem really low, we're only in it for a week so I don't know what it will be like in those huge gaps..

Yeah, no marketing or press means no hype! No hype means nobody really hears about the game so it's only people who stumble upon it from search results pages (if they search metroidvania and scroll to page 3 or whatever) that I have a chance of selling to!

At this rate I'll get <1000 sales but I'm working on that side of things at the moment.

I'll let you know if I do anything that actually works!

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 31, 2018, 12:52:19 PM »

Yeah, no marketing or press means no hype! No hype means nobody really hears about the game so it's only people who stumble upon it from search results pages (if they search metroidvania and scroll to page 3 or whatever) that I have a chance of selling to!

At this rate I'll get <1000 sales but I'm working on that side of things at the moment.

I'll let you know if I do anything that actually works!

oh man, just start making .gifs and .gifs and throw them online, your game looks dope don't be scared to show it.

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #698 on: September 03, 2018, 12:02:47 AM »

oh man, just start making .gifs and .gifs and throw them online, your game looks dope don't be scared to show it.

I took your advice and got 25 wishlists from one GIF, so erm I probably should do that more. I'd best make some time to record some sweet ass GIFs!

I read the Jake Birkett thing and he gave a rough estimate that your first week sales are around half of your wishlists (just from the data provided by devs he spoke to) and your first year is around 4-5 times your first week. I doubt I'll get featured with the following figures, but if I hit 3-4k first week sales then that's already enough for me go full time gamedev.

I mean, I'd love to hit 25k first week sales! I think my wife might actually forgive me for working so much on Mable if it does that well haha

Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 03, 2018, 12:14:59 AM »

I took your advice and got 25 wishlists from one GIF, so erm I probably should do that more. I'd best make some time to record some sweet ass GIFs!

I read the Jake Birkett thing and he gave a rough estimate that your first week sales are around half of your wishlists (just from the data provided by devs he spoke to) and your first year is around 4-5 times your first week. I doubt I'll get featured with the following figures, but if I hit 3-4k first week sales then that's already enough for me go full time gamedev.

I mean, I'd love to hit 25k first week sales! I think my wife might actually forgive me for working so much on Mable if it does that well haha

Social media, being what it is means its exponential as well!

In theory it's a nice curve but honestly the first months are just a grind. Try and aim at 2 - 3 posts a week.

Don't expect half of your wishlists as sales, I've read the statistics a couple of times on multiple sources and it's more 5 - 10% I heard,..

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic