Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 12:58:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRogueWorld
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: RogueWorld  (Read 19793 times)
jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2018, 02:49:07 AM »

Holy shit, what a comeback. Cinderella story right there, this last gif looks amazing! Following this Smiley

Octopus Tophat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2018, 04:24:52 PM »

Holy shit, what a comeback. Cinderella story right there, this last gif looks amazing! Following this Smiley
Thanks a lot, my dude! Gentleman

Roguelike platformer: RogueWorld
Octopus Tophat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2018, 02:46:01 AM »

OOPS

ThePC007
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2018, 02:52:32 AM »

Interesting. I like the visual style. All those glowing colors are truly delightful. However, judging by the gif in the OP, the animation speed appears to be way too high. Especially those climbable vines just move way too fast. Almost like they're dancing or something. I think you should slow them down. The focus should be on the player and his/her movements and when everything is moving like crazy and begging four your attention things just get way too distracting.
Just my two cents.
Octopus Tophat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2018, 02:54:48 AM »

Interesting. I like the visual style. All those glowing colors are truly delightful. However, judging by the gif in the OP, the animation speed appears to be way too high. Especially those climbable vines just move way too fast. Almost like they're dancing or something. I think you should slow them down. The focus should be on the player and his/her movements and when everything is moving like crazy and begging four your attention things just get way too distracting.
Just my two cents.

Lol thanks dude. The gif I posted was a bug with a new animation feature. The game is not suppoesd to be like that. I thought it was funny enough to share  Grin

ThePC007
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2018, 02:58:42 AM »

Lol thanks dude. The gif I posted was a bug with a new animation feature. The game is not suppoesd to be like that. I thought it was funny enough to share  Grin

Oh, well, if that's the case, then great! Maybe you should turn this into an easter egg where there's a small change that the monsters will throw a big rave party and everything will move like that and there'll by flashing lights everywhere. :D
Octopus Tophat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2018, 02:20:06 PM »

Oh, well, if that's the case, then great! Maybe you should turn this into an easter egg where there's a small change that the monsters will throw a big rave party and everything will move like that and there'll by flashing lights everywhere. :D

I was actually thinking of having a music based level, where all the objects bob up and down like this. And certain hazards would be based on the beat of the song. The only problem is syncing audio up with gameplay. And if people have slow computers, things would get really weird.

SamLouix
Level 1

Solo Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2018, 05:56:08 PM »

Okay, it's awesome. Any ETA?

How long is the game? Fill me in!!!

← Avatar from my  Healing Process: Tokyo. 3 years in so far. Daily dev-log is here. I have advice for composers looking for work, join here, I'll tell you.
Octopus Tophat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2018, 10:52:31 PM »

Okay, it's awesome. Any ETA?

How long is the game? Fill me in!!!

Thanks man! No ETA as of now. Progress is steady, but it's a lot of work!
I plan on making the game pretty long. 10 dungeons are planned. You get to the boss of each dungeon on the 10th floor.
There will be a lot of secret areas, minigames, and town building. So 100 mandatory floors, and lots of meta game stuff. It'll be a nice experience  Grin

SamLouix
Level 1

Solo Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2018, 05:15:46 AM »

Thanks man! No ETA as of now. Progress is steady, but it's a lot of work!
I plan on making the game pretty long. 10 dungeons are planned. You get to the boss of each dungeon on the 10th floor.
There will be a lot of secret areas, minigames, and town building. So 100 mandatory floors, and lots of meta game stuff. It'll be a nice experience  Grin

Nice work, I know a fair bit about planning big - I hope it works out for you!

Man, I really want to play this!

← Avatar from my  Healing Process: Tokyo. 3 years in so far. Daily dev-log is here. I have advice for composers looking for work, join here, I'll tell you.
Octopus Tophat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2018, 12:24:40 AM »

Just had to take a photo of this.
I'm messing with volumetric-ish lighting, and procedural backgrounds.

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2018, 09:30:06 AM »

That does look rather good, to my eye! In particular, the texture and lighting of the back-walls gives the scene a sense of "solidity", I feel. ^_^

bryku
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2018, 10:01:37 AM »

Damn, that looks good. Any videos of this, maybe?

Busy working on xcom-like, steampunk/vermintide pixel art strategy game called "Shardpunk".

Devlog | Twitter | Webpage
Octopus Tophat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2018, 03:09:38 PM »

Thanks guys! I don't have videos of the game yet, just gifs on here and twitter.
https://twitter.com/OctopusTophat

Octopus Tophat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2018, 07:51:35 PM »

Still coming along nicely!  Gentleman
[GIFS]

Octopus Tophat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2022, 09:27:43 PM »

Still chuggin

logophil
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2022, 03:57:36 PM »

Love the colourful visual style of this, will be following this with interest!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic