Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 04:34:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHumqn Fishbowl
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: Humqn Fishbowl  (Read 21998 times)
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2017, 05:03:32 AM »

Thanks Prinsessa. The canvas issue just shows how out of touch I am with website design and what I need. The reason I hadn't originally gone with using just an animated background, is that I wanted it to stay crisp at any resolution and was worrying I wouldn't be able to do it with just images. Think I need to have more of a play around with that idea though and see if I can somehow make it work. Need to do more research into using images at different resolutions and displays.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2017, 12:43:59 AM »

Maybe the image solution could be on mobile only since they tend to have somewhat smaller resolutions, or at least smaller screens so that stretching won't be as noticeable, anyway. c:

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2017, 01:40:38 AM »

My knowledge about webdesign is pretty outdated, but you could use simple HTML/CSS as a base for your layout, like this: http://zachau.info/krams/tig/fishbowl/ (only tested in Firefox and Chrome)

For a crisp background-image you would need to check the dimensions of the browser's viewport (probably involves some JavaScript, again: outdated knowledge) and switch the background-image accordingly. Smiley
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2017, 12:36:52 AM »

Cheers Zorg and Prinsessa really great advice and definitely giving me something else to try.

Prinsessa think I will try and do the mobile detection option so I can use what I currently have for desktop and then use the images for mobile. Will have to figure out how all that works.

Zorg thanks so much for going to the effort of putting up the mockup site. Been studying it and helping so much for me to play with so coming in really handy. Been way to many years since I've played with any webdesign so I think even your outdated knowledge is way more recent then mine Smiley Also should really help for the mobile version of the site.

Planning on playing with it this weekend and seeing what turns out.

wirelessbrain55
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2017, 09:27:02 PM »

I'm glad you are still working on it. Best of luck.
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2017, 03:05:00 PM »

I will try and do the mobile detection option so I can use what I currently have for desktop and then use the images for mobile. Will have to figure out how all that works.
Just a guess, but would adaptive webpage layout work for that? i.e. if the resolution is below a certain value then you show the mobile page and if above then the desktop version.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2017, 08:37:15 PM »

Thanks wirelessbrain55 always nice to hear and a great motivator.

Just a guess, but would adaptive webpage layout work for that? i.e. if the resolution is below a certain value then you show the mobile page and if above then the desktop version.

Thanks io3 creations for the advice, everyone has been so helpful in solving this issue and I'm going with that solution which seems to work the way I want and make it easier.

Thanks everyone again for your help with this, definitely make it all easier to solve for someone who doesn't have much website design experience.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic