Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:38:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHumqn Fishbowl
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Humqn Fishbowl  (Read 22005 times)
ToyTree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2015, 12:48:49 AM »

Whoa, this is beautiful Smiley Nice going.

Twitter          Homepage          Soundcloud
lithander
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2015, 05:35:30 AM »

The rotoscoping reminds me of the making of Prince of Persia.

The workflow is probably a lot smoother these days with videos being digitaly recorded and easily imported to the computer and used as a reference. Still a lot of work. But your results make it worth all the effort. Wink

TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2015, 08:37:32 AM »

I have to admit that I didn't expect much when reading the description in the first post, but then I saw the GIFs. Oh my. The animations look incredibly smooth and are so much fun to watch even when the action itself should be boring, haha.

wirelessbrain55
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2015, 05:22:01 PM »

How would you're character look from the side walking?
mirrorfish
Level 1

?!?! ... It's just a box.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2015, 07:36:32 PM »

Awesome animations dude, and I think the rotoscoping is a great, unique approach. Very cool! Look fwd to seeing more.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2016, 08:03:14 AM »

This is very cool when do you find the time to make these animations?

Thanks and yeah at times it's hard to find the time since I also work. I've gotten into a routine I've just cutting back on sleep so I'm usually up late at night on workdays working on this and then weekends I try and set away a bunch of hours too.

Whoa, this is beautiful Smiley Nice going.

Cheers, always nice to hear more people are enjoying my work.

The rotoscoping reminds me of the making of Prince of Persia.

The workflow is probably a lot smoother these days with videos being digitaly recorded and easily imported to the computer and used as a reference. Still a lot of work. But your results make it worth all the effort. Wink

Prince of Persia is definitely a big influence on me. Loved the game back in the day and the style was always a big factor for me. Hadn't seen the video before though so was interesting to see.

Definitely think the process would be a lot easier these days. My process is pretty smooth these days. I set up the shot on my mobile, film and then cut and edit the footage on the mobile and bring it into the computer. If I need to do any further edits or stabilisations I then bring it into aftereffects before again exporting and bringing it into flash to rotoscope.

I have to admit that I didn't expect much when reading the description in the first post, but then I saw the GIFs. Oh my. The animations look incredibly smooth and are so much fun to watch even when the action itself should be boring, haha.

Good to hear and I should probably go back and improve the description in the first post one of these days. There's a lot more going on with the game now then I've previously mentioned with mechanics, so I should probably reveal more of these.

How would you're character look from the side walking?

Do have a side shot from one of the other animations I haven't posted so I'll try and get a shot of that up here for you.

Awesome animations dude, and I think the rotoscoping is a great, unique approach. Very cool! Look fwd to seeing more.

Thanks for that, always a great motivator Smiley

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2016, 07:22:25 AM »

Started working on a sequence that I've been thinking about for awhile. It'll really add a new mechanic to the game and open up a lot of possibilities.

First item that I've just completed is the mobile. Excited to work on this aspect but not sure how much I want to reveal at the moment.

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2016, 01:26:14 PM »

Love the animations.

You probably can't say much, but is this going to be one of those games like A Dark Room, Pony Island, Frog Fractions, etc.? That seem simple on the surface, but slowly reveal more hidden elements as you experiment and progress

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2016, 04:32:36 AM »

Love the animations.

You probably can't say much, but is this going to be one of those games like A Dark Room, Pony Island, Frog Fractions, etc.? That seem simple on the surface, but slowly reveal more hidden elements as you experiment and progress

Thanks Christian, always nice to hear and never gets old to hear people are appreciating my animations.

Haven't played those games but I should probably get around to it. I can say that there is definitely a lot more going on beneath the surface then first appears. That mobile icon is a really big aspect and brings a whole other element to the player interaction. Something I'm really looking forward to playing with.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2016, 01:24:45 PM »

Had a great article about Humqn Fishbowl written by Christian. Excited to get some more attention.

www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Humqn+Fishbowl/news.asp?c=68755

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2016, 02:48:34 AM »

Found a lot of these around the web which was pretty funny Shocked At least one of them seems to be getting 9s and 10s.

Does make you question how much you release to the public...

Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2016, 05:29:17 AM »

So wait, is someone copying your animations off the forums and packaging them into their own app? I can't tell if that's a download page for an app, or just a listing of upcoming apps?

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2016, 08:30:59 PM »

It's an actual download page. Assuming it's probably a virus so haven't actually tried installing it. Although might put it on my old phone that I don't use anymore to see what it is. Interested to see if there's anything there.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2016, 06:49:48 AM »

Installed the fake files on my old phone and as expected it's just some dodgy app that asks for a crazy amount of permissions e.g "access to delete apps", etc...

Been working on a really big feature for the game that has gone better then expected. Was able to code it and get it working the way I wanted without wasting too much time. Structural animations for this section are also in and now just adding more content. Not sure how much I want to reveal about this new feature because I think it would be a nice surprise for players, but also hard to not reveal some of it because I think people would like it... We'll see how this weekend goes.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2016, 02:49:56 AM »

Sneak peek at a segment of the new feature that makes no real sense out of contact but not ready to reveal the whole thing yet.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2016, 05:42:49 AM »

Been working on one of my old animations which was missing details that go with the overall story.

Also have a big gif coming tomorrow that will reveal a new mechanic that I'm pretty excited about. Part of the reason I haven't been posting often. Been trying to get it to a level where I could show it off.

Will also be participating in the reddit/gamedev Indie Game Showcase on Friday 29th January. Never used reddit so should be interesting.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2016, 05:23:23 AM »

Finally able to preview the new mechanic I've been working on. A working mobile. One of the key ways you find out information about the humqn and clues about what's going on.

Obviously I rushed through the gif using some of the apps just to give a quick overview of how it all works. Lots of the icons and information at the moment in the apps is work in progress. Just trying to block it all out at the moment so I can work my way through everything.

Also unlock swipe code will change...

Will also post a link to the reddit I am participating in tomorrow when it goes live so watch out for that.

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2016, 05:46:58 AM »

oh wow i love this. the fishbowl gets deeper!

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2016, 01:38:17 PM »

Thanks James and yep the fishbowl has definitely gotten a lot deeper suddenly.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2016, 11:44:00 AM »

Participating in my first Reddit thread to talk about Humqn Fishbowl for the next 24hrs so if anyone has any questions, feel free to check it out.

/r/gamedev Quarterly Showcase!

Also had this one paged to quickly so will bring it over to the new page.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic