Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:44:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNeuroVoider - Twin-stick shooter RL - Trailer & Alpha out!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: NeuroVoider - Twin-stick shooter RL - Trailer & Alpha out!  (Read 13571 times)
Lugen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2015, 11:50:27 AM »

Holy damn that was a good trailer! And the music!
Don't have anything useful to say I'm afraid. Great job!
Any plans for Linux by the way?
MrHelmut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2015, 12:46:03 PM »

Holy damn that was a good trailer! And the music!
Don't have anything useful to say I'm afraid. Great job!
Any plans for Linux by the way?

Thank you Lugen! The soundtrack is from Dan Terminus, you can listen to the whole album on its bandcamp. He's one really cool artist.

And yes, we're working on a Linux build. It will come at the same time as the OS X build, because they use the same rendering pipeline. I don't have a schedule yet, but it shouldn't take long and when they are done, they will be in sync with the Windows build at every updates.

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2015, 12:58:59 PM »

Some criticism: I feel like the circles below the sprites does the art a huge disservice. They are brighter than the sprites and take focus away from the robots. If I squint my eyes and look at the trailer I just see a bunch of bullets and circles.

I think you're addressing the problem of the enemies and players being hard to spot against the background in the wrong way.
You should focus on making the robots pop out, rim lights to define the silhouette and separate the sprites from the background.
Maybe also pushing the palette of the sprites so they are brighter.

Cool Robots > Circles.

MrHelmut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2015, 01:34:19 PM »

You are right about those circles. We haven't worked on their blend with the robots yet, and the colors have been chosen almost arbitrarily to distinguish their rarity. So yes, I'm definitely writing that down for a future update. Thx!

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2015, 04:18:37 PM »

I know how easy it is to add something temporary early on and then get so used to it that you don't even question it.. Smiley

I really like your art style so keep up the good work!  Gentleman

MrHelmut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2015, 12:59:13 PM »

I know how easy it is to add something temporary early on and then get so used to it that you don't even question it.. Smiley

I really like your art style so keep up the good work!  Gentleman

The next update should fix that. Well, hello there!

Since the announcement, we received more 1000 feedback through the ingame feedback system, all seem very constructive. My Word! That was a very good idea. We're very pleased of that and this gives us a very clear picture of where we're heading.

2 hotfix have been released to fix some pesky crashes, and we're working on the next iteration of the alpha.

Lots of balancing and gameplay tweaks to come, and tons of weapon nerfing.  Cheesy

Today's menu, UI improvements! The game will now display item names upon looting them.

Also, we're on Steam now! http://store.steampowered.com/app/400450/

MaartnBoot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2015, 02:41:15 PM »

Hot damn, this is looking amazing!
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2015, 11:27:00 PM »

Congrats guys! Smiley
Out of curiosity (hehe again yep), how your ingame feedback system is working? Is it custom made?

MrHelmut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2015, 10:01:14 AM »

Thx MaartnBoot!

Congrats guys! Smiley
Out of curiosity (hehe again yep), how your ingame feedback system is working? Is it custom made?

Thx!
The feedback system is custom made. It's nothing more than a text area which sends secured packets to a server. The most difficult part of what to manage the text input.

madhatter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2015, 11:32:15 PM »

Congrats again on your public alpha launch guys! Beer!

The feedback system you've done for NeuroVoider sounds like a really good idea! I've set up some forums for my game, Final Days, so that my testers can post feedback and issues, but I still find it really hard to get much from them.. I think I might have try something like this and see if it helps me to get more feedback (I hope you don't mind me stealing your idea! Wink). Do you let your testers view or edit the feedback that's been submitted?

Get involved with the Final Days alpha on Steam Early Access. Thanks for your support! Smiley
Final Days DevLog | Website
MrHelmut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2015, 01:24:51 AM »

Thx Micheal!

Getting feedback is always difficult. When players tell themselves "I should report that" while playing, there's a very good chance that they forget once they exit the game. People who write things down while playing and then send you a feedback are very rare (but are the most relevant ones, thankfully), so it's worth trying to remove as many steps as possible in the feedback workflow.

Right now, players can't review their previous feedback, but now that you mention it, it could be a good addition. If they can see if you read their comments and eventually changed something in the game according to that, they may get more engaged in your game.

cykboy
Level 2

ye

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2016, 09:02:35 AM »

Looks like we have a problem. You guys stole one of our mech designs and turned it into a boss character.
MrHelmut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2016, 09:38:55 AM »

Wow, this is basically a 2 years old unused mockup and I'm going to check this with the artist. I'm going to send you an access to the game by tomorrow with all our materials in the hope to dispel any doubt that anything of this ended up in the game. I'm pretty sure it concerns only this mockup, still, it's pretty serious. Feel free to contact me via thomas at flying-oak.com

P.S.: Again, I'm taking this very seriously and would like to sort out this professionally. Once everything has been dispelled and confirmed to concern only this mockup, I am dedicated to make a public statement about the matter and take on responsibilities.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 10:09:10 AM by MrHelmut » Logged

cykboy
Level 2

ye

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2016, 11:10:57 AM »

Wow, this is basically a 2 years old unused mockup and I'm going to check this with the artist. I'm going to send you an access to the game by tomorrow with all our materials in the hope to dispel any doubt that anything of this ended up in the game. I'm pretty sure it concerns only this mockup, still, it's pretty serious. Feel free to contact me via thomas at flying-oak.com

P.S.: Again, I'm taking this very seriously and would like to sort out this professionally. Once everything has been dispelled and confirmed to concern only this mockup, I am dedicated to make a public statement about the matter and take on responsibilities.

We're sure its a misunderstanding, we've sent you an email as you are already aware of. Thank you so far.
MrHelmut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2016, 11:24:41 PM »

This issue has been sorted out, the Antraxx team and us analyzed the situation and came up with a conclusion. Thanks to them for being such gentlemen in discussing this.

Yes, we did infringed copyright of the Antraxx Osiris Mech design in the linked mockup and acknowledge it. As a consequence, we removed it from online spaces and shared with the Antraxx team all materials we could to make sure that no other infringement has been made. This mockup has never been reused.

How did this happened? We traced the origin of this mockup back to October 2014. At the time, NeuroVoider wasn't a playable game and we were still doing lots of design researches. My teammate came up with this mockup in the search of a graphical mood and to see if our idea of procedurally generated bosses was possible. He acknowledge using Antraxx pixels in the mockup. Nothing in this mockup has been reused since then.

This post is not meant to be an excuse, we made a mistake and discussed it with the Antraxx team, but I feel it is important to share this kind of facts within a creative community.

For reference:
- the original Antraxx Osiris design (courtesy of the Antraxx team)
- the NeuroVoider mockup
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 12:19:37 PM by MrHelmut » Logged

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2016, 03:44:39 AM »

Coffee to all involved for handling things professionally
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic