Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:26:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsLove-Letter-Comp for Valentine's day
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Love-Letter-Comp for Valentine's day  (Read 95502 times)
mirosurabu
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2009, 01:49:12 AM »

As usual, Czech people seem to adore indie games. "I Love You" was mentioned here.

I can't understand a word other than that they relate me to "Eversion". Where are those Czech tigers to translate this text for me?  Grin
Yeah, I've been trying to find a good translation for the same site's review of Ceramic Shooter for awhile now.

Oh, I didn't know they reviewed it as well. Thanks.
pgil
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2009, 05:55:38 AM »

Is anyone else having trouble getting Heart Heist to work? When I start it I just get a black screen and a few seconds of music  Sad
TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2009, 06:16:11 AM »

What OS are you running?
pgil
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »

Windows XP...Maybe I'll try it on a different computer.
Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2009, 12:22:26 PM »

If your DirectX or video card driver are particularly old, that might be it. It's such a drag when games don't run for some reason, my apologies that it's causing trouble Sad

TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2009, 12:27:44 PM »

Yeah, my laptop runs XP and can't run GM6/7 games.  Not like the old GM5 exes which could run on a fucking toaster.
Fuzz
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2009, 07:52:40 PM »

I played Kiss Me and I adored the game's aesthetic and concept, but I couldn't get past the level "Apart". Sad Great job with the graphics and music though, as it's very charming.
kiss me: i like what you did with the partial 3 dimensions. I can't really say too much about this since I couldn't get past the 'apart' level by myself
I just spent about 2 hours trying to beat Kiss Me by myself. And I did it! If you thought Apart was hard single player, you should try the last level (Kiss Me).
european hand love with boy 1 and 2: Second one in particular is kinda cool, though having to restart the entire game once you lose put me off getting too far Sad
I spent about an hour on this one. Very hard, but fun.
Love Me:  Very hard and a little less polished, but if it was made in fifteen minutes, I'm quite impressed.
Corner abuse makes the game easy.
I have no idea why I spent several hours on the really hard ones.
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2009, 06:13:27 AM »

Coulomb's Law was fun- it was especially interesting experimenting and seeing how I could win certain levels by using less Positive Charges than I was given.

European Hand Love With Boy is one of those games that is made difficult due to its controls. I got the hang of it quickly, but died a couple of times on the second one due to... well, anyone that's gotten to the end of the second one will know.

Heart Heist is wonderful, but... I haven't beaten it, with any character! I got really close with Ladybug, and died at the last second. 4 Hearts isn't enough for me, I guess- and every time I managed to get an extra from the kidnapee, I'd get hit immediately after picking it up, nullifying its worth. Still heck of a fun game, though apparently Ladybug's "enemy bar" glitches at some point (she doesn't have the ability to attack, so I guess at some point it counts fishes/flower type enemies? It was working fine until I entered the lava world...)

I Love You made me laugh. It was spelled out for me clearly when my main character started shrinking.

Kiss Me makes me remember Treasure Treasure, which I enjoyed playing with my girlfriend.

Love Letter, though nice and pink and psychedelic, sort of... I don't know. The lack of interactivity (and the noise) didn't leave much for me to appreciate in the end. But I guess it's tailor-made for one person.

Love Me was... what? Well, it wasn't very challenging for me, but, uhm... It did make me quirk my 'brow.

Lovely was stunning and atmospheric, and for a moment I was wondering if it was the offspring of the CommonplaceBookCompo and the LoveLetterCompo.

Mouse and Mouse is an entertaining puzzle game, but it seems a little weird as to
how it works as a two player game to me, I guess? I didn't originally know it was for two players when I was first playing it. And now that I think about it, I'm not sure if the goal of the game IS to make the two mice meet, anymore. Was it supposed to be a race to the bottom?

The Magic Catflap has nice sprites, but- though stylish- the camera panning was sort of... I don't know. It felt odd, yet I know that it wouldn't work any other way.

Tuxedo was another odd game. I accidentally pressed SpaceBar while playing it and found something interesting, but in the end I wasn't sure what the goal was, if any. Again, feels tailor-made for one person.

Valentine is nice and full of, well, a message. But its limited interactivity... again, tailor-made for one person.

... I sound preachy.

Currently brainstorming for a project
increpare
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2009, 07:23:15 AM »

as a matter of interest, of those entries actually presented to bedoted others, how were they received?
professor cake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2009, 07:24:59 AM »

as a matter of interest, of those entries actually presented to bedoted others, how were they received?

bedoted?

http://iconicghosts.blogspot.com/

in reality, we are just a game-making, two-headed flying bitch bear raining baby cakes upon the hapless evil-doers.
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2009, 08:21:25 AM »

Bedotted:

ö

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
increpare
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2009, 08:26:40 AM »

bedoted?
A nonce-word, of intended derivation parallel to that of 'beloved'.
Fuzz
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2009, 12:38:49 PM »

Mouse and Mouse is an entertaining puzzle game, but it seems a little weird as to
how it works as a two player game to me, I guess? I didn't originally know it was for two players when I was first playing it. And now that I think about it, I'm not sure if the goal of the game IS to make the two mice meet, anymore. Was it supposed to be a race to the bottom?
Yeah, it's supposed to be a race to the bottom. I'm pretty sure it says that on the title screen. I haven't played it two player, but the game ends when one gets to the bottom and it says that that one wins.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2009, 03:30:59 PM »

http://rinku.livejournal.com/1568075.html (see first comment to that entry)

Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2009, 05:09:39 PM »

My significant other loved Heart Heist.

Also:

lol

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2009, 05:10:25 PM »

Lol drama  Durr...?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2009, 05:15:28 PM »

It's not dramatic, it's just true. But there have already been like 5 topics diverted to that retro fetish subject so hopefully it won't hijack this one too.

ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2009, 07:24:47 PM »

I enjoyed Heart Heist because it was a larger game than the rest of the entries, actually, and a bit Metroidvania-ish in nature. Also, four characters that start and end in different areas with different bosses... it's worth four unique playthroughs.

I didn't know I liked it because it was retro until now.

I'll admit- since I haven't beaten it yet, Heart Heist doesn't yet feel like much of a love letter. But... it doesn't feel like 'not-a-game'.

Currently brainstorming for a project
professor dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2009, 07:27:02 PM »

i'll admit i liked heart heist just from its retro representation but the game totally came off as complete and well thought out.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2009, 07:48:18 PM »

Just a note to clarify: I'm not saying there's anything wrong with liking retro games or that HH doesn't deserve to win, I'm just saying the reason it's dominating the vote is probably at least partially due to the tastes of the people on this forum, which gravitate toward retro metroidvania type games. So my comment was meant more to explain to jsangspar why it's dominating rather than to be a cheap shot at it or something.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic