Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:30:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsLove-Letter-Comp for Valentine's day
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Love-Letter-Comp for Valentine's day  (Read 95147 times)
increpare
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2009, 02:14:15 PM »

i don't think I'll be making it by then either*, so no worries  :D

(*but will hopefully not too far after!)
siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2009, 02:18:27 PM »

Were I ever to make a love letter, it would propably be something like "Come to my place, right now. I need someone to make me sammiches."

I'm not too popular with the ladies.
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2009, 04:55:42 PM »

Okay, I finished my entry; it's called Coulomb's Law (with Biot-Savart).  It is a short, minimalist game inspired by FLail, Soulliard's I Am Telekinetic, and, of course, basic physics of electromagnetism.

The little blue positive charge is in love with the little yellow negative charge.  Being a charge, his motion is affected by other charges and magnetic fields.  Click to place more positive charges, in order to aim his trajectory toward his love.

The game is short, but has some allegorical meaning.  I might make a bigger version of this eventually.

It utilizes a basic custom-built physics engine.  There are a few rare glitches, but nothing makes the game unplayable.  If I have time, I might work on the engine as well.

Screenshot:

Here is the link

EDIT:  Have uploaded a new version with some spelling errors fixed.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 10:40:04 AM by ThetaGames » Logged

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2009, 05:13:10 PM »

I think it's "coulomb" Durr...?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
increpare
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2009, 05:49:04 PM »

bah; I'm not going to have this finished for today; going to be a late entry tomorrow  Roll Eyes

I'll check out your game tomorrow theta; it sounds interesting.

peace out,

S
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2009, 06:24:42 PM »

I think it's "coulomb" Durr...?
Now that I look at it - I'm pretty sure I spelled it wrong.  Oh well, we can say that is representative of the fact that love isn't always perfect.  Smiley

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2009, 06:51:40 PM »

I made a shitty Lovely art game
 WTF

Music by Evan "Fuchuzz" Rodriguez

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:20:39 PM by Andy Wolff » Logged

Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2009, 04:41:58 AM »

I'm 3 and a half hours late into the 16th by my timezone, but it's finished Durr...?

Download Heart Heist (windows only)

Rescue your loved one from the clutches of your nemesis! There are 4 playable characters each with differing routes through the game's areas; all of which are accompanied by an amazing soundtrack composed by Battlerager. Consists of 100% love, 100% 2D platforming.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 04:57:27 AM by Moth » Logged

increpare
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2009, 05:08:27 AM »

looking good guys!  I'm still stuck in the middle of coding mine... >_<  (collision code is proving more troublesome than anticipated... )
TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2009, 11:37:16 AM »

Heart Heist is awesome.  My computer crashed as I was in the third area with Sirius though, so I have to go through it again.
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2009, 12:18:00 PM »

WTF

The link for this is broken.

Also, Marmaduke Slam, yours didn't work for me, either.  It downloaded fine, but the application won't run.

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2009, 01:22:59 PM »

WTF

The link for this is broken.

Also, Marmaduke Slam, yours didn't work for me, either.  It downloaded fine, but the application won't run.
The link wasn't broken, but I fixed it anyway (now trying MediaFire instead of FileUpYours).

WTF

ChevyRay
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2009, 03:18:01 PM »

I'm 3 and a half hours late into the 16th by my timezone, but it's finished Durr...?

Download Heart Heist (windows only)

Rescue your loved one from the clutches of your nemesis! There are 4 playable characters each with differing routes through the game's areas; all of which are accompanied by an amazing soundtrack composed by Battlerager. Consists of 100% love, 100% 2D platforming.
Lookin' so fine! Kiss
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2009, 03:27:29 PM »

This was way awesome.

Really captivating atmosphere.
Fuzz
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2009, 04:10:13 PM »

Okay, I finished my entry; it's called Coulomb's Law (with Biot-Savart).  It is a short, minimalist game inspired by FLail, Soulliard's I Am Telekinetic, and, of course, basic physics of electromagnetism.

The little blue positive charge is in love with the little yellow negative charge.  Being a charge, his motion is affected by other charges and magnetic fields.  Click to place more positive charges, in order to aim his trajectory toward his love.

The game is short, but has some allegorical meaning.  I might make a bigger version of this eventually.

It utilizes a basic custom-built physics engine.  There are a few rare glitches, but nothing makes the game unplayable.  If I have time, I might work on the engine as well.

Screenshot:

Here is the link

EDIT:  Have uploaded a new version with some spelling errors fixed.
The mediafire link seems to be broken.

EDIT: It works now.
mirosurabu
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2009, 04:49:55 PM »

Are we extending the deadline or something?  :D

I couldn't finish it by this midnight neither. Roll Eyes Hopefully tomorrow. Some finishing touches to do and I'm freeing myself from this.
increpare
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2009, 04:55:03 PM »

Given the spirit of love that's in this, and given that I went over the deadline as well, I'll leave it until tomorrow night.  By then I should have played all the other entries, and will have been able to write up some illustrated index, maybe with a poll.

You hear that?  DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL MIDNIGHT 17th GMT

(
Oh, my effort is here for those who might have missed it.

)
Fuzz
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2009, 04:56:29 PM »

I made a zip of all the games that have been submitted so far (including both Windows and Mac versions of Kiss Me).

Download
increpare
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2009, 05:01:10 PM »

thanks dude
Fuzz
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2009, 05:23:12 PM »

thanks dude
You're welcome. Seeing as I'm not any good at actually making games, I thought I'd help out by making that zip. Oh, I also forgot to mention that European Hand Love With Boy 2 is in there as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic