Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412011 Posts in 69462 Topics- by 58494 Members - Latest Member: aeterponis

July 05, 2024, 05:14:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingiOS / Android - Magenta Arcade - shooter playtesting
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: iOS / Android - Magenta Arcade - shooter playtesting  (Read 612 times)
lrasomattos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 05, 2015, 05:38:57 AM »

We started this week the tests of Magenta Arcade, our game for iOS and Android, you can check the devlog here.

To play the game you can submit a form we created, then we will add you to TestFlight (iOS) or to a Google groups, that Google Play requires you to be in for beta testing... we will send you an e-mail when we do that.

Well, we are just starting the tests, and as we only have a few phones (like 3 Android phones) for testing in our houses, we are very worried about how the game is going to behave in other devices.. So we really need feedback on that.

Also there is a different paradigma on playing this game, because there is no playable character on the screen (your finger is that character) some people are finding hard to understand and to get used to. Some insights on that, and anything else you can think about is very welcome.

Some images of the game:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 05:44:26 AM by lrasomattos » Logged

Raicuparta
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:23:15 AM »

Maybe you were already aware of this, but an easier way to handle the Google Play beta versions would be to create a Google+ group for beta testers, and give beta access to anyone who joins that group.

Follow me @Raicuparta
lrasomattos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 05:49:07 AM »

It makes sense! Actually, I never thought about giving automatic access to the group.. it is possible to do that with Google Groups too, it just never crossed my mind.. haha. Thanks for the tip.

Maybe we'll do that for the next games.. through TigSource it would probably work better, but I'm calling people from facebook groups and twitter, so for now I actually like the fact that through the form I get people's contact e-mail (not everybody uses the Google account as contact e-mail).

I'm afraid that many people (those who are not used to dev or testing) wouldn't understand how to join the beta tests after joining the group, as they have to access the specific link for the game at Google Play. What I'm doing is sending an instructions e-mail with the links for Google Play and with a link to a feedback form, which is the same for iOS and Android (for TigSource ppl, this topic would work fine though). =)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic