Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412011 Posts in 69462 Topics- by 58494 Members - Latest Member: aeterponis

July 05, 2024, 05:24:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPet Sim: Battle Furry Friends (BFF) alpha
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sim: Battle Furry Friends (BFF) alpha  (Read 717 times)
DressCode
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2015, 08:39:10 AM »

I've always wanted to do a pet sim, but they always require loads of time and work. After spending a month or 2 i've been slowly completing my project Battle Furry Friends (BFF).
Completion Phase: 40%

Link below is the alpha test stage of the pet sim and will contain loads of bugs, no audio, no tutorial, and missing menus, objects, and items. It's purely to showcase what i've been working on.

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/116006885/bff/index.html
Works on mobile and pc browsers and a release for android will be out on completion

Ideas, suggestions, feedback is welcome by commenting below, thanks!

About the game:
You start off by choosing 4 of the beginner pets, and then raising them by leveling them up and evolving them. BFF contains various items, furniture, and other tools to increase the pets stats many of them being interactive (ex. bouncing a ball on top of a pets head, drawing on a chalkboard, battling, taking a shower playing mini games)

As you play mini-games, do random battles, or anything, your pet will start to get hungry, want to play, or wants to take a shower. If these aren't resolved you will not be able to do anything in-game.
Currently the stats system is being worked on but will be completed this month.
Players can purchase various furniture's for their houses and drag and drop them anywhere they choose in the 3 rooms.

(For testing purposes objects have been unlocked and can be placed by pressing the check mark.)
There will be over 20+ objects available for purchase in official release.

Raicuparta
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:41:36 AM »

Looks very cute and seems like it could be a cool game for kids! Not really my kind of game but I can see how it could be fun for people who are into this sort of stuff. I'm gonna focus on the bad stuff now:

I feel like the animations are too slow, gets a bit frustrating some times... The menus should be as fast as possible, but it's alright if you want a small animation to make it juicier, just try not to make them too long.

The pixel-art style font doesn't really fit with the rest of the game. Same goes for black lines on the GUI and some black fonts on colored backgrounds, makes it a bit ugly considering the rest of the game looks so colorful. Some of the menus are showing behind the GUI, like here:
http://i.imgur.com/xDNN8vs.png
But I supposed that's due to it being unfinished? The same screenshot actually shows another problem, that white square. Maybe its a leftover from debug?

Follow me @Raicuparta
cangamestudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 12:26:06 PM »

Looks very cute and seems like it could be a cool game for kids! Not really my kind of game but I can see how it could be fun for people who are into this sort of stuff. I'm gonna focus on the bad stuff now:

I feel like the animations are too slow, gets a bit frustrating some times... The menus should be as fast as possible, but it's alright if you want a small animation to make it juicier, just try not to make them too long.

The pixel-art style font doesn't really fit with the rest of the game. Same goes for black lines on the GUI and some black fonts on colored backgrounds, makes it a bit ugly considering the rest of the game looks so colorful. Some of the menus are showing behind the GUI, like here:
http://i.imgur.com/xDNN8vs.png
But I supposed that's due to it being unfinished? The same screenshot actually shows another problem, that white square. Maybe its a leftover from debug?

The pixel-art font is just a temporary placeholder for the alpha test, and that is a good point on the black lines, I will see what i can do. And yea its unfinished reason why its behind the gui. The leftover white square is actually a save button no image was set for it.

(Im DressCode) couldnt log into my acc for some reason lol but yea.

Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic