Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:10:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopMock up for a game where you drop bombs from a blimp
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mock up for a game where you drop bombs from a blimp  (Read 1204 times)
jesseb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 05, 2015, 08:48:56 PM »

Messed around today with art for a game where you drop bombs from a blimp onto factories, guns, whatever below. There will be several types of buildings, some of which shoot at you. I'm also gonna add trees and other foliage to make it feel more dense, but lemme know your thoughts on the general vibe of the art.

bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 09:37:44 AM »

Art's pretty neat. I think it'll lend itself well to some non-traditional animations (give those stars a little wiggle, maybe characters have a frame-by-frame slow-mo feel to them).

Not so sold on the gameplay. I've played those games before, and I've never been interested in them for more than a couple minutes. Maybe you can bring something new in there to complement the art?

jesseb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 09:45:28 AM »

Cool, yah I wanna separate out the parts of the different sprites, so I can give the jet/fan of the blimp a chugging animation depending on its speed, stuff like that.

I agree about the gameplay. Originally I wanted to make something standard and simple gameplay-wise, as this was more of an art test for me since I've never made a 2D game, but now I'm thinking it'd be a waste to make a dumb game. Might as well try to make something interesting to play too!
Tobers
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 05:28:21 AM »

Man I love me some greyscale games! I dig this conceptually for sure, and I bet when you add all the shrubbries it will be awesome.

I can imagine doing a lot with the stars/sky though, since it seems like it might take up half the screen. Like galaxies and clouds blocking sections of stars, maybe northern lights and planets if you want to get cheeky.

Oh god make it stop.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic