Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412011 Posts in 69462 Topics- by 58494 Members - Latest Member: aeterponis

July 05, 2024, 04:46:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFlapjack Flinger (Released)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Flapjack Flinger (Released)  (Read 502 times)
Dinosaursssssss
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2015, 04:35:41 PM »

Today I released my first solo game, Flapjack Flinger for Android. It's a fairly small title based on the 80s arcade game Tapper. I'm looking for feedback on all aspects of the game, including the store page and press kit. I think my weakest areas are probably UI and audio design, though I don't think my art skills are terribly hot either, but really any feedback, on any aspect of the game, is greatly appreciated so I can go into my 2nd game better prepared!

Store Page (It's Free)
Press Kit

Main Menu:

I've never released anything solo, and never worked on mobile before, so I wanted to make something on the smaller side to figure out stuff like IAP, ads, touch controls, etc, without sinking in months of development time. And of course, I wanted to figure out if I was even capable of shipping something on my own! The game was completed in 4-6 weeks and I know that because of the compressed development schedule, a lot of features didn't get the love they needed, and I'd like to hear where people think I should have spent more time.

I am planning an iOS release (once I can find a cheap dev machine; my macbook was stolen in Dec), so even though the game is out, I'll be supporting it post-release and trying to get any suggestions/bugfixes in. I'm starting my second game soon, and will definitely be making a dev log thread, and trying to get feedback much earlier.

Gameplay:

If anyone's curious, the tools I used were Unity (C#) with Soomla for IAP and Unity Ads for ads. Audio was done in Bfxr and Audacity, art was done primarily in Paint.NET (with a splash of Photoshop for logos and such). Code was done in VS2013 with UnityVS. The song is from the Youtube Audio Library and the fonts are from Google Fonts.

I also had a dev log that I updated sorta infrequently here : fun-ghost.tumblr.com
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:24:50 PM by Dinosaursssssss » Logged

Dinosaursssssss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 09:11:34 AM »

So far from talking to people it seems like the biggest issue is tutorializing the swipe right/swipe left mechanic for tossing out pancakes faster. If anyone played and found it unclear, or if anyone has thoughts on how to explain that better I'd love to hear some ideas!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic