Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:44:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWizard of Legend - Rogue-like 2D Action Adventure
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Print
Author Topic: Wizard of Legend - Rogue-like 2D Action Adventure  (Read 79740 times)
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2016, 11:24:03 PM »

Good luck with the KS guys, great project!

Skippouze
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 23, 2016, 05:51:53 AM »

Awesome !!! Still following you since a while and I wish you both all the best for the KS ! Finger crossed
contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: June 23, 2016, 08:11:12 AM »

Awesome !!! Still following you since a while and I wish you both all the best for the KS ! Finger crossed

Good luck with the KS guys, great project!

Thank you everyone!   WizardToast Right

ezolhof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2016, 01:10:36 PM »

Let's keep this up!

The KS had a great start, let's keep the hype going Smiley

I replied your PM, but just in case you didn't see it: I really think you should update the topic's title and clearly state that there's a KS campaign going on as I think people check those more than regular devlogs.

Also, try posting some gifs from the game on the Indie Game Developers facebook group during #screenshotsaturday. I'm pretty sure those spell animations will get a lot of attention there!
contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2016, 05:14:01 PM »

Let's keep this up!

The KS had a great start, let's keep the hype going Smiley

I replied your PM, but just in case you didn't see it: I really think you should update the topic's title and clearly state that there's a KS campaign going on as I think people check those more than regular devlogs.

Also, try posting some gifs from the game on the Indie Game Developers facebook group during #screenshotsaturday. I'm pretty sure those spell animations will get a lot of attention there!

Wow! Thanks for the support and the suggestions, we will definitely be doing just that! It's been so crazy managing everything that I missed the PM. Thankfully TIGSource pinged us on the new reply  Beer!

ezolhof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2016, 05:31:17 AM »

Wow! Thanks for the support and the suggestions, we will definitely be doing just that! It's been so crazy managing everything that I missed the PM. Thankfully TIGSource pinged us on the new reply  Beer!

Glad to help! I can suggest a few more things that might help with the KS, let me know if you'd like to hear those as I don't wanna spam the thread too much haha
contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2016, 10:18:40 AM »

Happy 4th of July weekend everyone! Beer!

As part of our continuing Kickstarter campaign, we've created a number of gifs and assets that were to be used in the backer update emails:

Icewave Signature (gfycat) | imgur
Air Combo (gfycat) | imgur

We've also made a post that goes into more depth about how chaining spells in Wizard of Legend works:

A Closer Look at Arcana Combinations

That's it for this week! We've been mainly focusing on marketing efforts for the campaign and haven't had too much time to add any key features in the game these past few days. Thank you to everyone who has supported us so far!

Bonus Image:

Go Go Wizards!

tamaii
Level 0

mad one man developer

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2016, 09:18:46 PM »

Hi~ it's me Unsouled. see you here again Smiley

I just played your game demo.
The museum Idea is awesome.
Pace, Hits feel and combo are amazing.

I sent you PM by twitter. Please reply when you take a break. I know you are too busy because of KS. : )

I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 06, 2016, 01:30:39 AM »

Just wanted to pop in here and say congrats on the Kickstarter, your chances are looking great  Hand Thumbs Up Right

There's SO MUCH real, significant variety in this combat, it's really impressive. I think you guys are doing everything right. I enjoyed playing the demo.
contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: July 06, 2016, 08:19:51 AM »

Just wanted to pop in here and say congrats on the Kickstarter, your chances are looking great  Hand Thumbs Up Right

There's SO MUCH real, significant variety in this combat, it's really impressive. I think you guys are doing everything right. I enjoyed playing the demo.

Thank you! We're glad that a lot of people have been loving the combat in the game. Some people have said that the demo was a bit of a gamble, but it seems a lot of people have liked it so far Smiley

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: July 20, 2016, 10:04:59 AM »

Wizard of Legend hit its initial funding goal! We even managed to pull through a few stretch goals Smiley
There's only a few hours left in the campaign, but we have our fingers crossed that we can hit another big goal before it ends!

Throughout the campaign, we've published a number of informative updates on how certain aspects of Wizard of Legend works. We've gathered all the articles here for convenience:

The articles go into a lot more depth about each system than we were able to in the past and hopefully they can provide some insight into where we're headed with Wizard of Legend's combat and design.

It's been both an exciting and draining experience, but the team is pretty exhausted as the month long campaign is coming to an end. We'll most likely try to write up a post-mortem sometime in the future so that we can contribute our experience along with the already great list of articles that helped us prepare.

Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: July 20, 2016, 01:04:15 PM »

Just came to say - congrats with the KS ! :D really looking forward to see what the game grows into.
By when do we expect to see a release date ? Smiley

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: July 20, 2016, 01:05:49 PM »

Just came to say - congrats with the KS ! :D really looking forward to see what the game grows into.
By when do we expect to see a release date ? Smiley

Thank you! We'll have a better idea once we get a chance to reassess where the game is at next week, but we're still aiming for an early 2017 Q1 or Q2 release!

Rannuncullus
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2016, 02:06:21 PM »

WOOOW,

Man i'm really like of this project, and i want this game so much! goodjob of everyone! and good luck with everything else lol

P.S.: I want to know if you are accepting suggestions, i love to help
ezolhof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 05, 2016, 03:31:24 PM »

Sent you a pm!
sbeast
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2016, 06:02:20 AM »

Hey, I see you have a kickstarter going now, it looks great!
If you are still in need of any music, I'd love to help out. My portfolio can be found here: http://sbeastmusic.com/portfolio/

Sbeast - Composer / Cover Artist / Guitarist
http://luxbellator.com/portfolio
contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2016, 05:53:20 PM »

We're back in action! It took us a while to get up to speed after the Kickstarter campaign, but we finally have some progress to show! We spent some time to polish up a lot of our ice stage's enemies and have done a full pass on all their spells. Here's a quick look at one of the enemies, the Frost Archer:

Frost Archers shoot an Ice Shard Barrage that keeps players on their toes with its successive hits. When approached by a threat, archers lay down Ice Traps that explode on contact. Once they have distanced themselves from the player, archers can also unleash an Arrow Shower that summons a deluge of ice arrows on their target.

You can see all of the ice enemies detailed in our Kickstarter update here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/contingent99/wizard-of-legend/posts/1682723

We also been prototyping and experimenting with chaos enemies that shoot lasers. It's still very rough, but here's what we came up with so far:

There are also a few changes that we're not ready to show yet which include overhauled level generation and some ideas we had for lateral progression. We want to help make each run feel meaningful in the final release of the game, but also don't want to destroy the skill based nature of the game. We're will discussing and experimenting with how we can achieve this, but hopefully we can share some of the results soon!

Last but not least, here's a sneak peak at what kind of difficulty and mayhem you might expect from Legendary Mode featuring the newly revamped ice enemies:

Thanks for reading everyone!

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2016, 07:31:05 AM »

Ah, I don't think that I was aware that you had a thread here! I think that I've already responded to the main of the above on Twitter (I'm @EbornIan there), albeit with tweet-born brevity, but nevertheless did want to leave this as a short "hello". (As well as enabling notifications for this thread!)

Hmm... Actually, one question, if I may: Are there plans for a new demo? The "museum" demo was fun, but there was only one, static combat encounter and not much dungeon to explore (that I found)--I'd really like to have a shot at a level--even if short--that's closer to the intended experience, I believe! (I'm also eager to see any changes in the keyboard-and-mouse controls, since--as I believe that I commented via Twitter--I didn't really like those used in the "museum" demo.)

gabrielcarioca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2016, 12:14:37 PM »

I saw this game in the Kickstarter some time ago and I liked the whole idea of it. You have a great potential in your hands and I'm really looking forward to play it when it launches.

Can I also make you a question, how is the pipeline to create this magic effects and animations? How do you create, implement and polish it? I'm curious about how you are handling it, it doesn't seem easy to iterate and get the result you want and the result you are showing in your gifs.

Good luck for you guys!

White Lie - Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | Website
AaronTooNerdy
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2016, 11:24:43 AM »

It actually looks really good.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic