Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:41:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWizard of Legend - Rogue-like 2D Action Adventure
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Author Topic: Wizard of Legend - Rogue-like 2D Action Adventure  (Read 79669 times)
contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2017, 10:42:58 AM »

How can I get to play the alpha/beta of this game?, I've played the demo about 15 times in a row and it looks amazing...

Unfortunately we've closed off the late backer option for beta access at this time, but we do plan to release the game later this year!

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2017, 10:53:27 AM »

Hey Everyone!

It's been a busy few months for us but we're back with another update! This time, we'll be showing off a bit more of Mimi the treasure chest and a few features from our new fire stage!

But first things first, we'd like to thank our Beta Access Backers for the awesome feedback and bug reporting they've sent our way from our Preview Build release last month! We've already managed to get many of the issues fixed and have also implemented several of your suggestions! Also, we'd like to give an additional thanks to the many backers who have provided gameplay videos! These have been super helpful as we were able to see for ourselves what was working and wasn't. You can check out a quick Wizard of Legend gameplay video by Wanderbots here:

As mentioned before, Mimi will be in charge of managing the relics that you've unlocked on your adventures. She'll give you information on the relics in her inventory and allow you to enter the trials with a relic of your choosing, adding to your customizable options!

We've also put the finishing touches on the fire stage which will feature a variety of fire based enemies. The flame archer packs significantly more firepower than their neutral counterparts by firing off a trio of fire arrows that apply burning to any targets they hit. In later levels, they'll also add a few more tools to their arsenal in the form of burning boomerangs and fire bombs!

As the main architect of the fire segment of the Chaos Trials, Flame Empress Zeal is the blazing fast master of fire arcana. With her combination of quick flurries and powerful AoEs, Zeal will definitely keep aspiring wizards on their toes!

Flame Empress Zeal heats things up! (gfycat)

And last but not least, we also went through and gave our other elemental bosses a bit more polish and tuning to bring them inline with our new boss standards. Frost Queen Freiya has acquired a few new arcana since the last time she was here and has new animations as well!

That's all for this update! Thank you for reading and stay tuned for future updates!

maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2017, 04:42:24 PM »

I tend to not like dungeon crawlers, just as a matter of taste, but this is a dungeon crawler I'd play. The combat looks super fun (and finely fast-paced), which is something that I always look forward to.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2017, 06:22:49 PM »

I tend to not like dungeon crawlers, just as a matter of taste, but this is a dungeon crawler I'd play. The combat looks super fun (and finely fast-paced), which is something that I always look forward to.

Same! This looks amazing. I love games that support quick burst movement (dashing) and encourage using different combos. Subscribing and looking forward to playing (you are cross platform right?)

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2017, 07:08:53 PM »

Thank you for the kind words maruki and quantumpotato! The game is built using Unity so we'll at the very least support Win/Mac/Linux!

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2017, 07:33:17 PM »

Thank you for the kind words maruki and quantumpotato! The game is built using Unity so we'll at the very least support Win/Mac/Linux!

Cool. I emailed a couple folks with http://www.roguelikeradio.com/ linking to this devlog

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2017, 07:24:34 PM »

It's been a pretty busy month and we're back with another update! This time we're featuring a few of the new arcana that we've added in the past month! But before that, here's a quick list of things we've been working on!

First, we've been tuning a lot of our systems in response to the feedback we've received! This includes the revamping of our end of floor miniboss battles, the tuning of arcana and relics, and, of course, bug fixes. We've also been working on the final boss encounter and the last few staging areas of the game. Things are starting to shape up and we hope to bring everything together for a complete experience! And, as always, we've been adding content in the form of new arcana, relics, and room designs to make sure there will be tons of stuff to explore and discover. Speaking of which, let's get on to the new arcana!

We also recently had the chance to work on the design and visuals of various Design a Spell backer arcana! It's been a blast collaborating with all of our great backers and creating all the unique spell ideas that they were able to come up with! Here are just a few of what we're ready to show today!

The first designer arcana is the chaos element based Mortal Coil! This arcana reaches out and impales enemies from afar with a spear of chaos before stunning and reeling them in for the final blow! Mortal Coil is also great for following up spells that knock enemies out of normal reach to extend your spell combos!

The next is an air elemental arcana called Scales of Babylon! This arcana pushes foes away with a burst of air that steals their speed and adds it to your own while also lowering your active cooldowns! In the clip below, you can see that Aqua Vortex comes off of cooldown much earlier thanks to Scales of Babylon and we are able to use it twice in the chain!

That's all for this update! Thank you all for reading and please let us know what you think!

ODINKONG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2017, 10:40:14 PM »

Very awesome! I have been following you guys since I saw your "made with unity" page about a year ago. The article I read about making gifs was incredibly helpful.

https://madewith.unity.com/en/stories/marketing-in-motion-a-year-of-making-gifs

I love the idea of stealing speed from enemies. Your environments are awesome too. It's so inspiring to see someone making a game from the ground up. Especially when the game comes out this awesome and they are actually achieving their dreams. Would you mind sharing how you started the marketing process. We have just begun and it's very daunting. Am I right in assuming twitter is a great place to start?

I hope I'm not taking up your time. I know how time consuming creating a game is. It's just one of those nights where you are up at 2:34 AM worrying that no one will see your game because you have never had to market anything before, and don't know how.
Did you have such a phase in development when you worried if anyone would see it or care? I feel like all developers do but honestly I don't know any. I'm very new to this scene looking to get more acquainted with everyone.
 Smiley

Raven's Path By Evil Villian Games
Dev Log : https://forums.tigsource.com/inde
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2017, 09:42:39 AM »

The new arcana look pretty cool, to me! ^_^

I think that the "ground" elements of the lightning arcana shown there might want for a little work, but otherwise I think that the art for these new arcana looks good, too.

justincavenagh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2017, 02:13:34 PM »

Love everything bout this game. Will you release in consol? Or just aiming for steam atm?

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: June 28, 2017, 09:26:12 AM »

I think that the "ground" elements of the lightning arcana shown there might want for a little work, but otherwise I think that the art for these new arcana looks good, too.

I hear what you're saying, we've been meaning to update the lightning particle effects for a while now... hopefully we'll have some time to get to it before release!

Would you mind sharing how you started the marketing process. We have just begun and it's very daunting. Am I right in assuming twitter is a great place to start?

No problem, we're still figuring things out ourselves. We started by posting early screenshots on Twitter using whatever hashtags were appropriate like #pixelart and #screenshotsaturday. Also, we participated on reddit.com/r/gamdev's weekly screenshot saturday post as well. What brought us the most exposure though was most likely Steam Greenlight (now discontinued) and the Kickstarter campaign we did last year. Many people view them as a hurdle to continue, but they each provide a great marketing opportunity that shouldn't be missed. We also posted on various gamedev/gaming communities on Facebook, some of which have a pretty large following, but it's hard to say how much exposure that has provided us. We feel like consistency in how often you post and experimenting with various types of content, images, and outlets is key.

ODINKONG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: June 28, 2017, 01:23:47 PM »

Very helpful thank you so much! I will be reading this to my team! It seems like we are heading in the right direction then. I didn't not know about the game dev Reddit screenshot Saturday, but we have been participating in twitter screen shot Saturday. It also seems like my intuition that twitter was the place to start was correct. We will have to start trying out some facebook groups next. Anyway again thank you so much I won't forget your helpfulness. Not to mention I will be buying your game as soon as it releases. However that is obviously because I saw the trailer a long time ago and it is clearly and awesome game. Smiley
Good luck my friend I know you will succeed!

Raven's Path By Evil Villian Games
Dev Log : https://forums.tigsource.com/inde
contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: July 28, 2017, 09:43:17 PM »

Hey everyone! We're back with a summer update on what the team has been up to!

We're slowly but surely getting to the finish line! We spent a lot of the past month putting the finishing touches on our bosses and have started working on the intro and ending sequences of the game. We've very excited to have everything slowly come together and can't wait to have the chance to get it into everyone's hands!

Bonus Rooms

We've also added a set of special bonus rooms that spawn on every floor. Our hope is that these rooms offer an extra incentive for players to fully explore the area before proceeding onto the next challenge. One of these new rooms features Taffy the Magical Piñata! Taffy will challenge anyone in the Chaos Trials to show him their best spell chain. Anyone who is able to perform an adequate amount of damage in the given time will be handsomely rewarded!

Revamped Minibosses

Practicing these combos will come in handy when facing off against our revamped end of level mini bosses. Each miniboss now has a vulnerable period in which they will be stunned by well timed attacks. Players will need to carefully navigate the miniboss' attacks and strike when they see the right opportunity:

The Super Lancer unleashes a fury of attacks! (gfycat)

Summoner Arcana

One of the goals in Wizard of Legend is to promote a diverse set of gameplay that suits your personal playstyle. As such, we've recently revisted the summoner archetype and added a variety of elementals that can aid you on your journey through the Chaos Trials. Here's a quick look at what the wind elementals can do:

Even More Arcana!

As always, we've also been hard at work on new arcana! Here's a sneak peak at Frost Fan and Grasping Earth! Grasping Earth was the result of a collaboration between one of our awesome Design a Spell backers and we feel that it hits a good balance between defense and offense. Wizards have the choice of using it to get out of a bind or to maximize damage by taking the time the enemies are rooted to do extra damage!

Grasping Earth saves the day! (gfycat)
Frost Fan freezes knights in their tracks! (gfycat)

That's all for today! Thank you for reading and as always, please let us know what you think!

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2017, 10:01:37 AM »

Ooh, I like those summons, and the fact that you're encouraging a range of play-styles. ^_^

(Grasping Earth looks like it might be a spell that I'd find particularly useful, making the battlefield perhaps a little less hectic.)

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2017, 07:44:08 PM »

Hey Everyone!

This month we've been trying to wrap things up and have managed to finish up our remaining stages so that we're able to play from start to finish! That being the case, we've been mostly working on the content side of things such as creating new arcana, relics, NPCs, and level designs for players to discover and experience! In this update, we'll be featuring a few of the New NPCs and Elemental Hazards that will appear in the Chaos Trials!

Nox the Unfortunate

One of the new NPCs that players will encounter through their journey is Nox the Unfortunate! In his mission to collect every single relic ever, Nox has picked up a few too many curses and is trying to lighten his load, while turning a profit of course. Though the relics that Nox offers are very powerful, they carry equally powerful side effects and wizards should exercise caution when dealing with Nox!

Environmental Hazards

We've also taken some time this month to finish up the Environmental Hazards that Council Members will be adding to their stages. As always, hazards affect both players and enemies and we expect that this will heat up the combat by allowing players to hurl enemies into burning grates, poison clouds, and the like! We've also added these hazards to a few PvP arenas to add extra tension and counter-play during matches!

That's all for this time! We're slowly closing in on a release date and we hope to be able to share that with you soon. Thank you for reading and please let us know what you think!

Zaraky
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 09, 2017, 08:33:40 AM »

Is there anyway to buy the game at the moment? I can't seem to be able to support  with kickstarter or with the paypal option. And since you're a small team, i'd prefer giving money instead of finding it by myself Tongue
bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2017, 12:46:29 AM »

This game looks amazing Smiley  Kiss

thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2017, 05:46:42 PM »

This game looks amazing Smiley  Kiss

I second this, I usually hate when games I've never seen on the forums pop up because they've usually been in development for like 60 years and are at 20%, but this 80% gem is quite surprising Wink

flex$
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2017, 11:34:31 PM »

not sure how i missed this one. you've done an incredible job with making the action look snappy, responsive, and frenetic. that elusive 'game feel' aspect appears to be nailed here, and once this is in more player's hands i'm certain that'll continue to be honed in on via the controls and tiny tweaks. keep going strong!

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: November 04, 2017, 02:58:12 PM »

Hey TIGSource crew!

First off, thank you everyone for the kind comments Smiley It's always motivating to hear from fellow devs and we appreciate any and all feedback!

It's been a couple of busy months since our last update and we've been fine tuning and polishing pretty much everything in the game to get ready for release. Unfortunately, it seems like we'll be releasing in early 2018, but this will allow us to fine tune a lot more of the game before we unleash it onto the masses!

Enhanced Arcana

One of the biggest additions we made to the game that we haven't shown off yet are Enhanced Arcana. Every arcana in the game, including basics and dashes, will have an enhanced version of itself that will add subtle effects to the resulting spell. These enhanced arcana will only be found during a run through the trials and will only last for the duration of the trial. The only exception to this rule are signatures, which will always be enhanced on use.

Standard vs Enhanced versions of Earth Knuckles

Blazing Lariat increases in size and has a larger range when enhanced!

A map, finally!

We also had the time to finally implement various features we've been putting off like a fullscreen map that shows off all the relics, npcs, health drops, etc that you may have missed. We always knew we had to do it, but never got the time to fit the feature in until now!

The new minimap in action!

Backer Spells and Relics!

Along with visual updates to a lot of our spells, we also have been fulfilling the backer rewards for the generous people that supported Wizard of Legend at the Design a Spell and Design a Relic tiers. It's been a great experience working with backers as they offer a fresh take on designs and often give us a new perspective on what kind of spells and relics are possible!

Magsphere, one of the awesome spells designed by our backers!

Equestricap, there is definitely no horsing around when using this relic!

Equestricap in action!

Thank you for reading everyone! We hope to be back soon with some exciting announcements that we have been working on but are just not yet ready to reveal Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic