Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412011 Posts in 69462 Topics- by 58494 Members - Latest Member: aeterponis

July 05, 2024, 04:20:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFIGURINE: A turn-based puzzle game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: FIGURINE: A turn-based puzzle game  (Read 444 times)
williamkwan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 17, 2015, 12:46:36 PM »

Hey everyone,

This is a game I've been working on occasionally for the past month and a half. It's a turn-based game like Fire Emblem/XCOM, but the twist is that you only have one character, and you hop between parallel universes to generate clones of yourself. Kinda hard to explain, so please try he demo!

Figurine (requires Unity Web Player)

The inspiration for this game came from watching chess players play multiple chess matches simultaneously. However, this is more of a puzzle game than a strategy game. Your character won't get any stronger throughout the game, although I have ideas for ways to extend the main mechanic for some interesting puzzles.

My concern with this game is whether or not it makes sense the first time you play it. It's very different from other turn-based games, and I'm afraid players might not understand what's happening when they start playing. In the demo, there is a bit of text to describe the controls, but I didn't want to make it too verbose, so I'd like to know if there was any confusion at any point in the game.

Right now, all the assets are stand-ins (from Oryx Design Lab/Play On Loop). I'd really like to finish this game, but I want to know if I'm communicating the main idea clearly enough. Of course, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic