Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:54:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTikotep Adventure - [PLAYABLE DEMO] - 2D adventure platformer
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Print
Author Topic: Tikotep Adventure - [PLAYABLE DEMO] - 2D adventure platformer  (Read 60021 times)
Silkworm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: November 05, 2016, 03:10:41 PM »

Looks great! Definitely giving it a try later!

alwex
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: November 12, 2016, 08:36:32 PM »

I am happy to present... the "Slimes"!
Every games needs it's slime version, theses one have grey hairs on the top of their head, I wonder what kind of creature it could have been before turning that way. Maybe squirels or any small animals.

I would like to add collectbles in the game to give the player some interest to search for secrets in the level, like gold coins or some other stuffs. The problems is that I will need to find a way to use this gold coins / crystals. Maybe when the player reach 100 of this items, he became stronger until he get hit.

If someone have a cool idea of collectible objects (and a way to use it), please let me know!

Follow us on playfield
TitoOliveira
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: November 15, 2016, 07:34:02 AM »

Played a little bit of the build on itch.io and wanna give some feedback.
Sometimes is hard to tell if a background element is a platform or not. For example at the very beginning of the game, if you go left, there are four orange blocks that looks exactly the same. Two of them are platforms and two are not.
In the first stage there is a moment where the waterfall sfx is too loud, it overlaps the music and everything.
I got to that part right after the burning village scene, where there's a wolf and tree bats. When you finish them off, a gap on the floor opens so you can descend. In this part of the level you can wall jump the wall on the right, and the game glitched when i went beyond the height of the screen. The camera panned up, as if there were more level up above, but the character was missing and i couldn't do anything, so i had to restart the game.
Which leads me to the last thing, that there's no checkpoint, only a "start new game". So i didn't replay it because i'm leaving to work soon.

Other than these things, the game was very nice, sometimes the level art is a bit too noisy, making things hard to see, but overall is pretty good. The feeling and the music really create an atmosphere. I'll keep playing when i have the chance.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic