Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:31:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Pitch.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Pitch.  (Read 4140 times)
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2009, 02:59:24 PM »

So you might know me by a few images and videos I've been posting lately of google sketchup renderings.  Some might be wondering what this is leading to.  Well, at best all it can lead upto is a windup, and a pitch.  Here it goes.

What I envision:

"OpenFire for Hire"  Arcade Air combat. 1-2 players (split-screen, network)

OpenFire for Hire takes place in a lush and colorful world dotted by small islands called "The Exodus Keys".  To the north, a dark army of humans, mutated and embittered by their radioactive homeland have set into motion a massive invasion to take the keys by force.  Their technological prowess and might far exceeds that of the peaceful dwellers of the keys.

However, living on they keys, in peaceful asylum, are two former ace-pilots from the dark army.  Having vowed to never kill again, their vow is nearly unbreakable; Short of a mountain of gold, and a series of peculiar and hilarious requests.

The two pilots find themselves behind the engines of two of the most fearsome fighter jets ever designed.  Could they alone, be the only hope for the people of Exodus Keys?

The game would consist of the players flying to objective points to dive-bomb targets, dogfight swarms of intruders, eliminate bomber-wings, and land to rescue prisoners.  Spanning 3 acts, each act being 2 missions long.

Controls should be arcadey, light and acrobatic, with light auto-locking, visible dynamic damage affecting players controls, very physics-based.  Recordable replays of missions, multiple camera angles.  Simple enough to control with a mouse/keyboard if possible.

So that's the pitch

I'm very aware this is a tall order, but if anybody thinks they're up to the challenge of helping me envision this beautiful dream, please feel free to contact me.  I'm just an artist, I can't do this idea alone.

-Amon26
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 03:01:21 AM »

I really hope you can get someone to help you with this; I love the concept shots you've posted so far, and I think this is something that needs to happen. Sadly, I'm not a coder; all I could contribute would be music/sounds.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Jesseyay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 04:55:45 AM »

Hey, I'm like in love with that art style man. So clean and simple but so effective. Hand Thumbs Up Left Hope you find someone soon because I Really want to play it.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 09:48:57 AM »

I really hope you can get someone to help you with this; I love the concept shots you've posted so far, and I think this is something that needs to happen. Sadly, I'm not a coder; all I could contribute would be music/sounds.

music and sounds! well that's a start Smiley  now we have a soundguy and a art/modeling guy! cmon code monkeys you know you wana get in on this!
One of the Beatles
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 10:03:35 AM »

Yes, a game! I've always liked your modeling, but a game! Can this get any better?

Not being able to code sucks.
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 12:15:32 PM »

I like the art style. I've always had a thing for untextured polygons. I'd love to see this made, especially if the combat is really fine-tuned and arcadey.

But I have to admit, I'm a bit doubtful of the chances of landing a good, dedicated programmer. A project of this scale could easily include more programming work than anything else, and you'll really need someone who can devote a lot of energy toward it if you want to avoid moving in fits and starts. This is a great idea though, and I wish you the best in finding potential collaborators!
Jesseyay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 09:21:26 PM »

Hey did you get my P.M Amon?
X-Tender
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 02:12:36 AM »

The Style eminds me of the old Amiga game "Hunter".
Loved it.
I hope you get some support to build the Game Smiley

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 03:27:46 AM »

Reminds me of A-10 Cuba:

Synnah
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 03:32:10 AM »

The Style reminds me of the old Amiga game "Hunter".
Loved it.

Oh yes! Hunter was amazing. The style also reminds me of Mike Singleton's Midwinter 2: Flames of Freedom, which was kind of a similar game, though larger in scope.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 02:34:32 AM »

It seems I missed this thread, huh.  So yeah, I'm really hoping this gets made!  Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right
medieval
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 11:20:20 AM »

music and sounds! well that's a start Smiley  now we have a soundguy and a art/modeling guy! cmon code monkeys you know you wana get in on this!

Just wondering, what is your role in this project?
Synnah
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 11:45:38 AM »

He's the Art/modelling guy he was referring to.

medieval
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 11:48:44 AM »

Aha, great. (Sorry for being suspicious and all... ) That looks really awesome right there.

(I should read a topic properly)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic