Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:56:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWanderer - Lo-fi Sci-fi Adventure RPG
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Print
Author Topic: Wanderer - Lo-fi Sci-fi Adventure RPG  (Read 65455 times)
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2015, 07:29:22 AM »

Good luck with your KickStarter! I'll definitively check it out Cool

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2015, 12:22:47 AM »

Good luck with your KickStarter! I'll definitively check it out Cool

Thanks! Smiley

nnyei
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2015, 08:03:11 AM »

I haven't commented here yet for some reason, but I'm definitely following this and will back you guys on KS as well. Smiley
DigiCheer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2015, 08:14:12 AM »

A Kickstarter release date! Awesome! I'll be sure to back it!

Assuming the kickstarter gets fully funded, do you guys have an estimate for the official release?
KaiserCVR
Level 0

Amateur Artist/Professional Drinker

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2015, 10:36:48 PM »

Thanks so much for the support everyone, we can't do it without you guys! Smiley

A Kickstarter release date! Awesome! I'll be sure to back it!

Assuming the kickstarter gets fully funded, do you guys have an estimate for the official release?

Yes indeed, our target release date for the first episode is approximately 8 months after the end of the Kickstarter. Following the release of episode one, our plan is to release subsequent episodes every three to four months.  

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2015, 12:13:25 PM »

Guys, it started ! Smiley

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1231806848/wanderer-2

And we're also on Greenlight:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514749367

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2015, 01:02:46 PM »

Nice trailer Smiley I'm still not sure if I'll bake it on KickStarter, but you got my vote on Greenlight Wink

KaiserCVR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2015, 01:57:11 PM »

Wow, it's been such a long time coming it's a bit surreal to finally launch! Very excited to see where the campaign takes us. Fingers crossed!  Toast Right

Nice trailer Smiley I'm still not sure if I'll bake it on KickStarter, but you got my vote on Greenlight Wink

Thank you! Any and all support is super appreciated.  Grin

rentheunclean
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2015, 02:04:06 PM »

Awesome news guys!

Good luck on the campaign!
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2015, 02:30:30 PM »

Awesome trailer

Backed! Love to see more of this world

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2015, 03:38:25 AM »

Good luck on the kickstarter and greenlight guys.

The trailer is so well done, really polished and great at setting the mood. Also nice surprise with the dogs actions at the end Smiley

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2015, 05:07:43 AM »

Backed. Will pass a vote your way and share this on Twitter.

Best of luck on the campaign, off to a pretty good start so far!

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2015, 05:10:41 AM »

Thanks a lot for your support guys! Smiley
Yep our launch is pretty good but at this point we would definitely need a bit of press coverage, we're trying to contact them but it won't be easy! :/

nnyei
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2015, 08:04:55 AM »

Voted and backed. Good luck! Hopefully the "why is this on Greenlight if it isn't even funded yet?" nay-sayers will go away once the Kickstarter picks up some steam.
jovan.vesic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2015, 02:36:10 PM »

Not sure if I commented on this thread already but your game is looking awesome! And Kickstarter video is also nice, it's cool to have at least a suggestion of a story in a video form which the intro part does pretty well IMO.
As for gameplay, I actually hope platforming will be kept to minimum, because other aspects look much more interesting to me Smiley ...I know, it's a personal preference.

I must say I was really surprised to see your campaign is not Square Enix "approved" (i.e. supported) after the Collective feedback phase, which seemed pretty successful to me from what I saw during campaign and what I read here. Care to share your thoughts on this? I am pretty interested in this because we are currently running SE Collective campaign.

Anyway good luck with Kickstarter campaign, I will certainly keep my eye on this!
(Not really able to back it, but will at least help spread the word.)

site  |  devlog  |  twitter  |  facebook | indieDB
KaiserCVR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2015, 03:44:22 PM »

Thanks for the continuing support everyone, I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate it!  Beer!

We've got a long, difficult road ahead, but it definitely doesn't seem insurmountable at this point.

I must say I was really surprised to see your campaign is not Square Enix "approved" (i.e. supported) after the Collective feedback phase, which seemed pretty successful to me from what I saw during campaign and what I read here. Care to share your thoughts on this? I am pretty interested in this because we are currently running SE Collective campaign.

Sure thing! The SE guys were awesome and very supportive of the project, but given our particular circumstances we had to make the decision to end up going it alone at basically the last minute. Due to a combination of schedule conflict with other teams that were set to launch and the fact that our combat system is still in a prototype phase, we would have had to delay the launch for a couple more months to get their official stamp of approval. Unfortunately that wasn't quite feasible for us, as we've hit a point where we can't really continue to work on the project at full steam without some outside funding.

In any case, I'm definitely glad we had a chance to be featured on the Collective page, it was a great 'mini-Kickstarter' experience and made the real deal a lot less intimidating to set up.  Smiley

jovan.vesic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2015, 04:05:17 PM »

Oh, I knew there was a reasonable explanation! Smiley
Thanks for the detailed reply!  Toast Right

site  |  devlog  |  twitter  |  facebook | indieDB
Lugen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2015, 08:26:02 AM »

Backed. Really nice trailer!
DigiCheer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2015, 03:53:15 PM »

Just saw the kickstarter page! Backing right now. This really looks amazing. I've never seen an indie game so nicely colored and presented.

Really impressed. Especially with the character designs. Take my 25 dollars  Coffee
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2015, 03:49:55 AM »

Thanks a lot for the support guys!

So after 1 week on KS, what we can say is that it's really hard, hehe... Smiley We got quite some press coverage:
http://www.destructoid.com/feast-your-eyes-on-sci-fi-platformer-rpg-wanderer-315423.phtml
http://indiegames.com/2015/10/cinematic_adventure-platformer.html
http://indiegamemag.com/wanderer-blends-genres-into-an-episodic-sci-fi-adventure/
http://kotaku.com/this-is-wanderer-an-episodic-2d-adventure-game-blendi-1736869641
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/16/wanderer-combines-cinematic-platformer-and-turn-based-beast-battling/
http://cliqist.com/2015/10/15/wanderer-cinematic-platformer-thats-already-blown-mind

I'll now try to reach more specific niches where we can fit (SF or anime/Cowboy Bebop fans), don't hesitate if you have ideas for us! Smiley
On the Greenlight side, it's going quite well as we're now #16 with 63% of YES votes.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic