Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:44:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallChimpVenture
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ChimpVenture  (Read 1821 times)
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2009, 07:26:09 PM »

My brother and I finished our game, ChimpVenture in early January.

Basically, ChimpVenture is about a chimpanzee, who's out to save the world from an evil scientist who is polluting the world like mad. (We're not saying all scientists are evil, or want to pollute. It's just the story).

Anyways, you have to use a few different weapons/items through the 20 levels in order to destroy 4 polluting power generators. Throughout the game, there are 4 bosses, a bunch of enemies, tricky platform challenges, and a lot more...

The game was created for the 4th Yoyo Games competition. Since the judging is not finished, we cannot currently update the game to fix some bugs/change some things.
So, here's a list of things that will change/be fixed once the competition is over:

- Boomerang error will be fixed (when you throw the boomerang and then die before it comes back to you)
 - Make the Pound attack more useful throughout the game
 - If you collect all the Banana's, unlock a few 'secret' levels
 - Fix the bug so you can get more then 95% score in the game
 - Make some later levels a little bit less annoying (just make the design of the levels a bit better)
 - Possibly spend more time in making music. It was VERY rushed.

Anyways, my brother, The Berryster (who is registered here I think) created all the graphics, and accounted for pretty much 50% of the game. I coded/programmed, and made the other 50% of the game. It was a shared project.

Download for those interested: Download

Thank you,
Drazzke and The Berryster

UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 02:39:56 PM »

Very nice!  Smiley

The level design is great.
The artwork is great.
The boss design is good.
The music... could use some work.  :\

Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 04:12:08 PM »

Glad you liked it, UltimateWalrus. Smiley

some songs/parts of songs will be replaced, when the competition is over Grin

Dim_Yimma_H
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 12:47:54 PM »

I've started playing this, and the first impression is that the graphical sprites look adorable. The learning curve seems nice so far, currently I'm in Level 3, and I'm guessing I have to collect more bananas to reach further, or maybe I'm missing the exit? Going to try some more.

Gregory
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 07:15:40 PM »

As a member of the scientist community, I am appalled at the bigoted portrayal of scientists in this game.

No, it looks quite cool, and the art is charming.  It's all pretty cute.  The controls are generally good, although I found myself walljumping a lot when I didn't mean to.  Also, the stick has a disturbingly short range.  I found it next-to-useless, and just avoided enemies instead.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic