Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411998 Posts in 69459 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 02, 2024, 09:35:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWarp Land - a platform-shooter game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Warp Land - a platform-shooter game  (Read 705 times)
Fiveso
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2015, 01:30:48 PM »

Download the Windows/Linux version here: http://warpland.m7.io

Warp Land is a platform-shooter game, which will eventually feature 3 worlds (4 levels each) and multiplayer support. Currently the first two worlds are complete, and it'd be great to get some feedback on those. Multiplayer doesn't work right now, so you can ignore that part of the menu.

I'd like feedback on things like:
  • are the enemies too strong/weak?
  • are the upgrades too expensive/cheap?
  • should the enemies have more/less HP?
  • are the levels interesting and challenging enough?
  • how long did it take you to finish the current version of the game?

But any suggestions and feedback about the game in general are also appreciated. Since the last world is still not made yet, if you have any interesting game mechanics you'd like to see added into the game, I'd love to hear them.

Trailer for the demo:

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:24:01 PM by Fiveso » Logged
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 02:53:33 PM »

I get a LOT of screen tearing in this game. It would be nice if vsync was enabled by default, or at least an option.

I found most of the enemies were no threat because I could just shoot them, while the purple ones that shot at me were annoying because of their omniscience and invulnerability. If I could move behind them while their backs were turned, I think they'd be fine. I thought the other enemies' HP levels were fine and I liked the powerful feeling of my bullets' impacts.

I feel like the game would be more enjoyable for me if there was no shooting. Melee enemies aren't a threat if they can't get to me while I attack them, but if I had to dodge them instead, then that would be trickier.

Upgrades seem like they might be a little expensive. I don't really like how the money works in this game. When I die, everything I've picked up comes back but I lose some coins? What if I'm in an area where I can't get back to the previous part of the level? Then I have no chance to get those coins again. I really thought that saving at a checkpoint would at least keep the coins that I'd collected up to that point.

Bug? Enemies often shoot endlessly when I'm not even near them (usually if I'm below).

Bug: If I enter the game and then open the menu, both music tracks play over one another.

Note that "Come and Find Me" by Eric Skiff requires attribution if you're going to use it in your game (Nice music choice, by the way. I love that track.) I don't recognize the other track, but I'd suggest looking into the licensing if it's another free track from somebody.

I stopped playing in level...3 or 4, I think, when I lightly tapped "down" to drop through a platform and ended up dropping through about four or five into spikes. That seems like a problem.

I thought it was a pretty decent game, although upgrades didn't seem that necessary so I had little incentive to explore the levels. I find that I'm just not sure what sort of game this is supposed to be. It doesn't feel like an action game or a game with tricky platforming or a puzzle-platformer or an exploration game. It's just a "get to the exit" game. I imagine that's completely fine for a lot of people, but I found myself wanting more of a reason to play through it.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic