Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411998 Posts in 69459 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 02, 2024, 08:47:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNEO Wars
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: NEO Wars  (Read 618 times)
MichaelSedore
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2015, 11:13:34 AM »

Hi everyone! I'm Michael, and this is my first post here. I've been learning to do 3D graphics over the last several years, and I've taken what I've learned and started a brand new 3D engine from scratch. I've decided to build it around an Asteroids-style game. Here's what I have so far.

Website with download and pictures: http://www.escapedivision.com/neo-wars/
Requires Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP. There's no installer or anything. Just unzip and run.
Even if you don't want to download it, it's still worth checking out the pictures.  Smiley

I'm hoping to inspire an idea for level design, without the need to create a hundred different mini-games for a hundred different levels. Of course all feedback is welcome. My talents lie in programming much more so than creativity, but there are a lot of creative people here.

Cheers!  Toast Right Toast Left

This is a fast, fun, blow-up-everything game inspired by the old arcade classic, Asteroids. It will eventually make its way to Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. It's still in development, but is very playable now.

This isn't just a new game. It's also a new 3D rendering engine. The beta is filled with features to demonstrate abilities of the new engine; features that won't be in the final game obviously. At least 90% of the file size is for sample, demonstration models.

You will see, as fun as the game is, that it's lacking fresh, new things to keep you entertained. I want the player to choose levels, like in an Angry Birds game, and all levels are variations of the same-style game play. What I need is an idea that can be molded hundreds of times for new levels. This would be easy if it was Pacman; I'd just make new mazes. I'm not sure what to do in Asteroids though.

That brings me to you. If you think you have a great idea, lemme know. Something able to accommodate hundreds of levels, not just a few. I'm sure most people will be as stumped as I am, in which case, enjoy the beta, and have fun!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:20:12 PM by MichaelSedore » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic