Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:06:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesCave Story ported to GP2X
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cave Story ported to GP2X  (Read 2785 times)
LineOf7s
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2007, 05:15:27 PM »

I don't know if this is newsworthy, or even of interest, but given the love for Cave Story here I thought I'd mention it.

For those of you with a GP2X handheld console, Cave Story has been ported to it.

The combination of console-style controls (despite how bad many people find the GP2X joystick) and the portability of it all  Kiss means I've now played this version much more (and much more successfully) than the PC version.  I'm re-enjoying it a great deal.   Smiley

Oh, and no-one's selling it.  Which is nice.
Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 07:17:05 PM »

console-style controls
Cave Story works fine with "console-style" game pads on PC, just for the heads up Smiley.  You could always hook up a PS2 or 360 controller... 
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 07:50:59 PM »

Yeah my drug of choice is a good gamepad and some nice TV-out cables...Cave Story on a big TV is a gorgeous, religious experience :D  Portable would be really awesome too though (can't wait for the DS port!!)

cup full of magic charisma
LineOf7s
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 08:44:44 PM »

console-style controls
Cave Story works fine with "console-style" game pads on PC, just for the heads up Smiley.  You could always hook up a PS2 or 360 controller... 
Yes, I used to play it with a PS2 controller on the computer...

...but for some reason it's just that much more enjoyable moving it away from this not-especially-comfy chair and into the snuggliness of bed.  Especially on this rainy wintery day.   Smiley
siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 03:24:56 AM »

Now where the hell is the ds-port :I
Chrissketch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 11:03:25 PM »

I dunno if would want to play Cave Story on a portable. I played it once, just once, in windowed format. But it's aesthetics and gameplay demand to you to look at big, low res pixels. That's part of its quasi-nostalgic appeal. It's character.

Cave Story on a tiny DS screen? It might work for a quick fix. But you're doing a real disservice to the art. There's a reason that gameboy games had graphics specifically designed for small screens. CS just wasn't made for that resolution.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic