Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:40:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallLet's Shooting Love! :]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Let's Shooting Love! :]  (Read 4405 times)
UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: February 09, 2009, 03:08:07 PM »

Hi all!  Gentleman

Let's Shooting Love is a game I made with the help of four other people... we made version 1.0 in 48 hours at the Global Game Jam in Los Angeles.  We liked it so much we decided to make a version 1.1 that's even better!  That one took a week to make (mostly because we all had class)--- but it was worth it.  It's really fun --- you should try it!

Anyway, I was kind of hoping the guys "in charge" here might want to post an article about it!  I mean come on... you posted "Diamond Rider."   Hehe... I kid, I kid.  Diamond Rider is amazing.

But if you could post an article, we would really appreciate it!  We've been trying to get some publicity so lots of people can rate our game and stuff.  And word is, some really important people are going to be looking at those ratings  Shocked

If you want me to just write the article, well then I guess here it is.  I'm not sure if I can post images... maybe cause I don't have many posts?

EDIT: Ah there we go, I think I fixed it.  There was an .htaccess permissions thing going on. :\

---BEGIN ARTICLE---
Subject: Let's Shooting Love v1.1

Let's Shooting Love is a top-down arena shooter featuring a robot that falls in love with several lovely female robots each with her own unique abilities and atmosphere.

Version 1.0 was made by a team of five for the 1st Annual Global Game Jam in Los Angeles in 48 hours.  They decided they liked the game so much, they would make a version 1.1, which is a lot more balanced and fun.

The longer two robots stay together, the more their relationship will evolve, making them stronger; but this increases the difficulty of the game, too. When they "break up," the enemies are cleared, but so is the score multiplier. Throughout the game, the robot recalls memories of a love before... and if you get far enough, you might encounter something BIG. (hint: look at the screenshot)

Smiley

---END ARTICLE---

Here is an image you can use for the screenshot:
http://www.ultimatewalrus.com/GAMES/lsl/img/lsl11_centipede.jpg
Here's a thumbnail for it:
http://www.ultimatewalrus.com/GAMES/lsl/img/lsl11_centipede_small.jpg

Again, if you could post an article for us, we would really really appreciate it!  It's your website of course so you don't have to just post what people tell you to... but it would be cool if you could post our game... we worked really hard on it!

I don't care if you use my article/screenshot or not.  You could change all of the text for all I care.  Just getting our game up for everyone to see would be really awesome.

Please?   Beg

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:23:13 PM by UltimateWalrus » Logged

r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 07:19:40 AM »

Wow, I like this better than the game my group created  Grin

It's cool how the story is told as you defeat more enemies, it's also kinda difficult to read while you dodge all kinds of aliens.

I voted you up anyway, maybe you should post a link to the entry on the ggj site?

I need to invest in a mouse for my laptop (stupid tracker pad).
UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 06:16:54 PM »

Thanks! We knew that the story was kind of hard to read as you're playing the game... that's why v1.1 lets you read the whole thing on the "static" screen at the end.

Come to think of it, at this point I'm not sure if the ratings really matter too much anymore.  I mean there's no prize for GGJ, right?  Shrug

If LSL1.1 gets a lot of downloads, though, that'd be a cool thing to post on the site.

What game did your group create?  What state/country were you in?

r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 01:49:25 AM »

hah, i'm almost embarrased to show anyone. We made this in Glasgow at the Scottish event. There was some indecision in the team.. Tongue

Not to derail, I just saw your game on boing boing video (linker)

Did you meet Xeni Jardin???
Is she as hot in real life as she appears on video?  Grin
medieval
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 08:01:58 AM »

This looks awesome.

Also, title is a derivation from let's fighting love? (it's like, the only south park episode i ever watched)
UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 01:45:27 PM »

hah, i'm almost embarrased to show anyone. We made this in Glasgow at the Scottish event. There was some indecision in the team.. Tongue

Not to derail, I just saw your game on boing boing video (linker)

Did you meet Xeni Jardin???
Is she as hot in real life as she appears on video?  Grin

LOLOL!!! This is awesome!  I'm famous!

"How are you feeling right now?"
"Ummmm... very... I... don't know."

That was me!!  :D
I was so tired and fatigued... to the point of having memory lapses... I was so disoriented... I didn't know what to say  XD

Xeni Jardin?  Was she that bitch from EA?  She sucked total ass at our game, then said:
"I don't understand.  This is a game about relationships... so why are my hands so far apart?"  I doubt she's ever played a WASD+Mouse game in her life.

EDIT: No nevermind.  I didn't realize Xeni Jardin was some girl from "Boing Boing."  But there was definitely a bitch from EA who was like a producer or something... and yet very, very non-game-savvy...

I don't know why you're embarrassed to show your game!  We all know you only had 48 hours.  Sure, there are some gaping flaws (e.g., the game actually gets EASIER the more you play), but I think it's pretty cool.  The graphics are quite nice.

This looks awesome.

Also, title is a derivation from let's fighting love? (it's like, the only south park episode i ever watched)

Actually yes!  We went up and did our pitch, and they were like "What's your title?" And we were like "Ummmmm...."  And then Bryan was like "I know!  It's Let's Shooting Love!!"

So yeah it's inspired by that South Park episode, though I think in terms of copyrights, we are OK since our title is technically different.  Shrug
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 02:02:00 PM by UltimateWalrus » Logged

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 02:02:45 PM »

"I don't understand.  This is a game about relationships... so why are my hands so far apart?"

wait what? Epileptic

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Zaphos
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 02:39:18 PM »

Xeni Jardin?  Was she that bitch from EA?  She sucked total ass at our game, then said:
"I don't understand.  This is a game about relationships... so why are my hands so far apart?"  I doubt she's ever played a WASD+Mouse game in her life.

EDIT: No nevermind.  I didn't realize Xeni Jardin was some girl from "Boing Boing."  But there was definitely a bitch from EA who was like a producer or something... and yet very, very non-game-savvy...
Perhaps it was Robin Hunicke?  If so, she's probably played a WASD+Mouse game before.  That comment makes no sense though.
UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 10:55:46 PM »

That kinda looks like it could be her... eh, whatever.  It doesn't really matter at this point.  We thought she was being pretty retarded at the time, but at this point I'm over it.

Somebody mentioned showing this game to a certain person with "Spiel" and "berg" in their name, but I honestly doubt that anything will actually happen.  On the offchance that it actually could happen, though, I tried to make this game the best that I could.

Well, if nothing else, this game will look nice in my portfolio   Beer!

KniteBlargh
Level 4

Blargh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 06:40:34 PM »

I really like this game, and the cute style is great! Very inspiring for me as well. Smiley

UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 10:47:50 PM »

Smiley

Hey, does anyone know how I can take a gameplay video of this game?  I've tried using FRAPS and TAKSI, but neither of those applications seem to be able to "hook" my application so it can be recorded... :\

KniteBlargh
Level 4

Blargh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 10:14:58 AM »

Hey, does anyone know how I can take a gameplay video of this game?  I've tried using FRAPS and TAKSI, but neither of those applications seem to be able to "hook" my application so it can be recorded... :\

CamStudio is, in my opinion, better than any other recording program I've tried so far, plus it's open source, so that means it's free too!
/endofcommentthatsoundedlikeatestimonialforanadvertisement Tongue

UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 07:02:43 PM »

CamStudio is, in my opinion, better than any other recording program I've tried so far, plus it's open source, so that means it's free too!
/endofcommentthatsoundedlikeatestimonialforanadvertisement Tongue

Hey thanks a lot KniteBlargh!  CamStudio worked great --- I was able to create and upload a gameplay demonstration video to Youtube.  It's here:

So, if the guys in charge here at TigSource ever want to post this article, you might see fit to embed that video or something  Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic