Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:04:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTurtles of Destiny - Story-Driven Platformer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Turtles of Destiny - Story-Driven Platformer  (Read 15908 times)
krozzus
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2015, 10:31:41 AM »

While I dont have the time to follow the progress on the game and wont reply after this I just read all the stuff that has been added and holy damn did this come a long way from the prototype I played on Newgrounds (which btw is the only reason I even remember this game, that you actually replied to people is very good). It looks great and its good you keep doing what you are doing. If this gets on steams greenlight I'll be sure to give it a thumbs up. And Im not a dev or an expert of anything in anyway so here is one advice from me based purely on my own taste: keep making sure things dont look like they are floating around in nowhere. It really kills a game for me when it gives me a "could have taken a background and slammed some pixels on it myself" kind if feeling instead of "holy damn all of this looks amazing". Really what im trying to say is: background is important in my opinion. So far from the levels you did show that had backgrounds it all looked great and I get that obviously all the other ones will have one to. Good luck with this project and I hope it becomes a succesful Indie hit because it sure has the potential.

unrelated P.s: this has to be the weirdest registration I have ever done for a website.
ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2015, 02:45:34 PM »

Thank you so much for the kind words Krozzus.
I'm so help that you are amazed by our progress and it's good to know that we can count with your tumbs-up in our Greelight campaign.
Our artist will do some kickass background, so there is no need to worry.

All the best my friend.

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2015, 02:48:26 PM »

Just gonna post the new tiny levels that I made today. I barely got the time to make those.

Quick drops:

- Had this amazing insight on how add more layers to the levels
- Had a great talk last night with Geoff about the Soundtrack
- Gonna talk to JJ later about the bugs in the new mechanics.

Pretty soon, I will write a long post about my insight concerning the level layers. Have a great day guys.

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2015, 02:51:26 PM »

this looks absolutely lovely and the OST clips are great! looking forward to this  Coffee

one bit of honest criticism though: if it werent for having seen a sceenshot, i doubt i would have clicked on a game called "turtles of destiny". not sure why that is exactly, but figured id mention it.

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2015, 05:56:30 PM »

this looks absolutely lovely and the OST clips are great! looking forward to this  Coffee

one bit of honest criticism though: if it werent for having seen a sceenshot, i doubt i would have clicked on a game called "turtles of destiny". not sure why that is exactly, but figured id mention it.

Thank you in name of the team!
Geoff (The composer) is a very talented fellow. He really gets the vibe of the game, that's why I think music is coming together so in tune with the project.
He is working in a new track at this moment and hopefully he will post it over here. It's up to him.
Thank you for your input on the name of the game, looking at the bright side...you really dig the screenshot then Smiley

Great evening James  Coffee

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2015, 03:13:16 PM »

Hello all,
Unfortunately JJ’s last update on our code fucked up  the Force Field and the Moving Platform mechanics, so I had to make levels by hand today. It was a great experience.
I know this looks really dull,but I think those are my favorite levels so far Smiley

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2015, 04:09:11 PM »

Hello guys,
I made two levels that I just loved! Unfortunally I won’t be posting pic of them, since I did them by hand and they are really messy. There will be a Build Meeting one month from now with other devs in my homentown and I think the other devs will love the new mechanics.

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2015, 02:40:10 PM »

Today I made two tiny levels, but one of them had one too many variables, so I remade it on photoshop in order to take a bette look at it.

here it is!  (It’s two steps of the same tiny level)

Great Weekend everyone

Bluebutton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2015, 03:56:34 PM »

Paper designs are always the way to go for level concepts, never failed me.

Sometimes all you even need is a sentence to describe a level, a few on Polarity were named things like "basketball_vs_lasers".

Keep going!

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2015, 04:49:37 PM »

Yes,

It really helps! Laltely I'm carrying a pen and paper wherever I go .

I really want play Polarity, but I only have mac. Is there a way around this?

Bluebutton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2015, 10:28:16 AM »

Well, it's out on Ouya, iOS and Android too. But other than that I'm afraid not.

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2015, 11:29:57 AM »

Will download to PC and try it out when I get a new machine!

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2015, 02:39:32 PM »

Hello Guys

- Made two awesome levels (Two weeks from now I will make a build so the team can play it) .
- JJ made some good progress with the mechanics and next week he will deliver the final piece so I can assemble the new build.
- Me and Sarah will be working on the story the day after tomorrow.
- Geoff is currently working on a new song for the first world but he didn’t tell me when he will have a demo of it. Hopefully this week :D
- Got a bunch of puzzle games from steam (steam sale is up!) and that made me even more confident about the uniqueness that Turtles of Destiny is bringing to the table.

Great Week everyone

noio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2015, 11:37:28 PM »

<3

Keep it up

Check out twitter @noionl for regular updates
ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2015, 03:49:26 AM »

Thanks for the support my friend Smiley
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:12:56 AM by ernanir » Logged

noved626
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2015, 12:40:02 PM »

Damn...

This game looking fucking amazing!

Good work & gratz on those awards well deserved =D
ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2015, 02:33:44 PM »

Damn...

This game looking fucking amazing!

Good work & gratz on those awards well deserved =D

Thank you! The awards played a huge role in our motivation.
Have a great night fellow dev.

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2015, 02:37:06 PM »

Hello Guys,  Wizard

Made two new tiny levels today. The thing I like the most about making the levels on paper is that there is no internet distraction. It's like the early 90s :D.
I like this new method so much that I will stick to it for a while.

That's pretty much for today.

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2015, 02:53:46 PM »

Hello Guys,

I did a small experiment today, instead of making 2 tiny levels, I made 4. I really like 2 of them. More news about the dev of Turtles of Destiny.

- Made some great progress with Sarah concerning the Story. Now we know a bit more about Sky’s past.

- Sarah showed me some art she is working on and it’s marvelous. Keep working hard Sarah!

- Sent some references to Geoff earlier.

That’s it! Good night guys Smiley

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2015, 11:14:01 AM »

Hi!

I told you guys I was going to make 2 levels a day during two weeks straight. Well…I did it! Even more than that, some days I made more than 2 levels.
It was a great experience, I really pushed myself and from this method I got so many insights.

I won’t stop making new levels, I will try to make at least one a day, but towards the end of the two weeks I felt a little stressed. The next 2 days my focus will be on developing a new mechanic for the first world and in next week I will make a build with at least 10 levels.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic