Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411998 Posts in 69459 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 02, 2024, 10:07:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSoul Harvest - Local Multiplayer RTS from Hell!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Soul Harvest - Local Multiplayer RTS from Hell!  (Read 1607 times)
wilbefast
Level 1

I am the cat who walks by himself.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 14, 2015, 01:47:58 PM »

Hi all Smiley

Yes it's been a while. Years in fact. Still making games though, never stopped. I think I may have a problem Who, Me?

Nowadays I know more people in Meatspace, but the trouble with real-life acquaintances is that they're not so quick to completely destroy your game. They're too polite. So I'm counting on you, anonymous internetizen, to pick this apart Wink

This is a game with pixel-art demons in it

I grew up with all those great 90s RTS games like Warcraft 2, Starcraft, Command & Conquer, Total Annihilation, Age of Empires and so on. The goal is to make a sort of homage to all these games... only local multiplayer, for gamepads ! So basically Starcraft meets Towerfall Tongue

Please play it and tell me what you think!

There are lot of very difficult design challenges involved in getting this sort of game playable. Even though there are only 3 buttons (A/X/Y or CTRL/SHIFT/ALT) there are a lot of actions that can be performed, from creating units and buildings to casting spells to harvesting resources to issuing orders.

I'd like to know if any of the gameplay makes sense to anyone Wink there's still a way to go and we need a tutorial, but most gamedev people should be able to figure it out. Obviously bug reports and other suggestions are welcome too. Thanks!

William
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:53:40 PM by wilbefast » Logged

claybornp
Level 0

claypeterson.co for art things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 04:29:34 PM »

the style is amazing! Reminds me of DOOM. I've got a mac, anyway you could make a build, rather than require a love install?
wilbefast
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 05:08:56 PM »

the style is amazing! Reminds me of DOOM. I've got a mac, anyway you could make a build, rather than require a love install?
Thanks Smiley Yeah, I'm being lazy aren't I. The Love2D build process for Mac is a bit complicated by I suppose I could write a bash script to automate it. Will do that for you tomorrow (it's 2am in France).

claybornp
Level 0

claypeterson.co for art things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 09:02:37 PM »

wonderful! always down for some sunday morning demon crushing
wilbefast
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »

Well that took a bit longer than expected, but now I have a full automated pipeline for building for Windows and OSX. Just need to test it now Tongue

http://wilbefast.itch.io/soul-harvest

Mr_Triage
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 07:34:23 PM »

These graphics are incredible!  I absolutely dig your style!  I don't have time to try it right now, but I'll check it out later!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic