Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:57:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOVERCOOKED! - Couch Co-op Cook 'em up
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: OVERCOOKED! - Couch Co-op Cook 'em up  (Read 50275 times)
KaiTheSpy
Level 0

how to make the game

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2016, 01:55:04 PM »

I voted Smiley Good luck getting greenlit  Grin

i am a 14 year old loser who sort of knows how to program
JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2016, 04:51:11 AM »

I think I'm becoming an Overcooked fanboy at this point. Super looking forward to playing this with my fiance and friends!
Batowski
Level 0

Milan Batowski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2016, 05:01:23 AM »

This is one of those 'how come nobody has yet to come up with this idea' types of games. I think you hit the nail on the head with almost every aspect, congrats!

My favorite bit is the moving/changing levels, so cool! Hand Clap

Tukimitzu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2016, 10:44:24 AM »

Voted! Looks like lots of fun!

ThilDuncan
Level 0

Indie Developer at Ghost Town Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: February 29, 2016, 01:41:53 PM »

Thanks for all the support, all the votes and all the kind words over the past few weeks. Really pleased to let you guys know that Overcooked has now been Greenlit!!!! Which also means that we now have a shiny new Steam page which you can go to and add Overcooked to your wishlist if you like the look of the game Smiley

http://store.steampowered.com/app/448510/

Here's some new art and bits and pieces we've been working on over the past few weeks:

A new piece of promo art:

A redesign of the Onion King's Pad/House/Den (We decided that the king's house will gradually become more and more cluttered as you journey across the onion kingdom in search of new kitchens.

Fun with rats (We were trying to test the collision meshes for each of the ingredients and forgot to switch the rats off. Interestingly they seem to have left the cheese... :

What else... oh yes, we're going to be showing the game off at EGX Rezzed here in England on April 7-9. Would be great to see some of you if you're planning to attend, we'll be the tired looking guys probably drooling and mumbling incoherently about onions and fireballs :D

aaaaand sleep...

ThilDuncan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2016, 10:35:57 AM »

Hey guys!

Quick question: if we were to add extra environments to Overcooked after the initial release, what sort of kitchens would you like to see? Any suggestions for possible mechanics (I know that's kind of hard without playing the game as it is, but I'm just curious to hear your thoughts)

thanks!
- Phil

ActualDog
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2016, 11:14:20 AM »

I'd love a mid-landfill kitchen. Towers of trash with bits occasionally toppling down and landing on counters or in pots if you don't move them out of the way.

SeniLiX
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2016, 01:30:01 AM »

A canyon where the sides are connected with narrow ropebridges.

Alternatively a raging river with logs (possibly moving) functioning as bridges.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 07:21:13 AM by SeniLiX » Logged
RujiK
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2016, 07:32:42 AM »

I'd like a kitchen that gets flooded. Like the sink/tide/whatever brings in water that maybe takes food, pushes around the player or washes away food and stuff.

ThilDuncan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2016, 11:50:02 AM »

ActualDog : Ha, awesome. Aw man wouldn't it be cool if the level was set on one those giant floating garbage boats, maybe the rubbish could be formed into cubes which you have to shunt around while you're cooking :D

SeniLiX
: MMm yeah I like that, not least because the visuals looking down the canyons would be great fun to model. I'd love to extend that and do a indian jones-style temple theme, with moving blocks and arrow spitting statues etc. Smiley

RujiK: That would be brill. I did do a concept sketch for a submarine kitchen at some point, but i love the idea of an even which sweeps all the current objects into a new position....

Great suggestions guys, anyone got any more?

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2016, 12:33:35 PM »

A tropical beach kitchen? You start off with a lot of space but throughout the level the tide slowly creeps up the beach.

ThilDuncan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2016, 01:00:28 PM »

Been a long time since the last post soooo what's happened over the last few weeks...

We have been working flat out to get the game ready on PS4, XB1 and Steam. Doing all the boring exciting backend work to do with achievements/trophies, cloud saves, profiles etc. but the light is almost visible at the end of the tunnel now! It was a bit of a mad decision to aim for simultaneous release on all platforms and it has been a pretty daunting task trying to hunt out all the information we needed for each, but hopefully it will have been worth it.

Here's proof!

Also since we've been doing achievement work and since XB1 asks for 1920x1080 images, I used the opportunity to knock up some pictures for some vegetable characters to go with them. Like this guy:

What else... we took the game to EGX Rezzed and it went down even better than we could have expected. We had so many people play the game and there was much fewer bugs than there have been at other festivals so far. To top it all off we were voted the #4 game of the event (and #1 indie game) by the attendees. Still find it crazy to see our name up there with Sony, Microsoft, Sega etc.!

We also got to meet a lot of cool devs as well as some fellow TIG sorcerors which was really cool :D Even if it was pretty expensive to buy a booth, it was definitely worth it just to have so many people play the game and to meet so many cool folks!

In other dev news... we decided to update the world map so that we have a castle at the centre of the world. We decided we wanted to flesh out the world a little more, just so there's a bit more of a reward as you play through the game. Here's a sneak peak of the interior:

Oh also I made this piece of promo art, which sort of ties into that work:

We're in the last stretch now, fixing bugs, polishing features and working through the last platform features before we can hopefully enter an intensive QA period!

We've been crazy busy on the game so I'm sure there's lots of stuff we've not covered here, feel free to fire any questions at us and we'll answer them! :D

P.

ThilDuncan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2016, 01:02:56 AM »

Hi everyone,

Well it's been a grueling few months working through bugs and shoring up the game for release in just under a week's time. We're tired, unshaven and doing out best to stay optimistic in this final stretch (mainly by drinking tea and listening to 80s power ballads). I'll do my best to summarize our journey since we last posted so you can get a feel for what we've been up to:

• We signed up with Team 17 to help us market the game, not to mention help us with the final stretch of QA as we attempt our fairly ambitious task of releasing simultaneously on 3 platforms. It was a big decision for us but so far it's been really invaluable (especially as a two-person team). Hoping to write a post about working with a publisher once the game is out, but feel free to email/msg me if you have any specific questions.

• We went to E3 where we showcased the game to many a journalist over the 3 days. We were in a behind-close-doors meeting room where we got to hang out with the Yooka Laylee devs which was really cool. I'm sure everyone says it but it was a really exhausting experience, particularly when the game is going through QA at the same time and you have to fix bugs in your hotel room after the event closes : )

• After many hours of QA and lots of sleepless nights we managed to get the game through certification on both PS4 and XB1 (could write an entire post about the various trials and tribulations therein, but let's just say we got there in the end! )

• We had to remove our 'split controller' functionality from the initial release and then spent a good month tidying it up so we could include it in a day one update for the game. We're personally very pleased we were able to hold onto this functionality, very few titles include it which is why it was so troublesome to get through cert, but it now means people with less controllers can play the game with their friends or even players who only have the use of one hand.

• We sent out preview builds of the game. This was the scariest part for me personally as we hadn't really let many people play the game without myself or Oli hovering over their shoulder nervously checking for bugs. I still cringe watching people playing the game as all I can see is bugs I wish we had more time to fix, but overall people's reaction to the game seems to be pretty positive.

• We produced two new trailers and are currently working on the third and final trailer for the launch next week. There's a chance we might have someone really cool doing the music for us... will see if we can pull it off.

• The game is now available for pre-order on all 3 platforms (Except for the US Playstation store currently). Here's a shameless link to our Steam page in case anyone was interested: http://store.steampowered.com/app/448510?beta=1 but you can also buy it from Xbox & PS4 stores

Massive thanks to everyone who has supported the game so far, apologies for the above wall of text, please feel free to fire any questions at us (or send me an email if you'd rather)

- Phil

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2016, 04:32:01 AM »

-snip-

Already sent an email about potential localization to the info address. Really looking forward to playing the game. Smiley

Is online multiplayer possible in the future?

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
magius96
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2016, 07:38:10 AM »

I showed this to my wife a long while back, and she got super excited about it.  Since then she's been watching this forum anonymously and practically jumped for joy when it was announced that it was coming out on Xbox One.  I kid you not when I say that the moment it became available for pre-order, my wife called me to demand that I pre-order two copies, one for her, and one for me.  We bought two new Xbox One's a few months ago, and my wife had not hooked hers up yet.  Now that Overcooked is about to come out, she has finally hooked her system up.

I'll bet you know what we'll be doing Wednesday night.

- Jason Yarber (Magius96)
Website - Twitter - YouTube - Facebook
tuglaw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2016, 08:46:09 AM »

• After many hours of QA and lots of sleepless nights we managed to get the game through certification on both PS4 and XB1 (could write an entire post about the various trials and tribulations therein, but let's just say we got there in the end! )

Please do when you have the time. Smiley

I've seen that dashing against other players completely stuns them. Shouldn't it perhaps just bump them off course?

Also, what's up with no penalty or timer when placing food on the floor? :D Put in a 5 second rule in place or something.

Can't wait to put my cutlery donning hands on it! Hand Fork Left Well, hello there! Hand Knife Right
Cheers!

Babar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2016, 08:49:03 AM »

I love how it looks, I've always been a sucker for this kind of games, and the cooperative multiplayer looks awesome for a couch party game !
Will definitely buy this soon :p

Babar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2016, 02:35:09 PM »

We are having so much fun with this :D this is a great game ! Please make an endless mode !

mankoon
Level 4

And that is how you get to Llama School.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2016, 02:13:17 PM »

It's been a while since I've visited the forums so ganna necro this thread. I just wanted to drop in to say we played Overcooked a lot on PS. We had to recruit more friends to come play. It's pretty hilarious and we almost killed each other. thanks Coffee

ThilDuncan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2016, 02:03:36 AM »

Thanks for all the love everyone, really appreciate all the great feedback and support we've had over the past few years. We're still working on the game at the moment, there are a few more content packs aimed to be released before the end of the year and we're gradually trying to figure out which is the best way to move forward with the game or with future projects!

As always if anyone has any thoughts or feedback on the game we'd love to hear them!

Phil & oli  Coffee

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic