Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 01:28:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Convert a game maker file for web
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Convert a game maker file for web  (Read 3414 times)
Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2009, 05:47:07 AM »

Hello everyone, i'm Sengir and I'm new of this forum. I think this is a very good resource for game developers! I've a question for you...Is there a way to convert a game created with Game Maker to a Java application or something for web? I'm starting to create a 2d platform but i need to know if there's something that converts it for playing it in a browser...anyone can help? thank you very much!!!!!!!!

BorisTheBrave
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 06:25:28 AM »

I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
--Charles Babbage
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 06:52:58 AM »

i need to know if there's something that converts it for playing it in a browser

No, unfortunately not. You would have to program a new version of the game using Flash, Java or some other technology for which client-side plugins are widely installed.

r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 06:55:36 AM »

I don't believe in Peter Pan, Frankenstein or Superman
-- Freddy Mercury

You can upload to yoyo games where there is a plugin that lets you launch game maker games from your browser.
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 07:44:23 AM »

The code exists (C++ runner for sure), but YoYo is holding on to it at the moment.  Hopefully it gets out though.
Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 09:16:42 AM »

In wikipedia I saw a link to a program called "G-java" that convert .gm6 files in Java but it doesn't work with Game Maker 7....I tried also with Game Maker 6 but it doesn't work...bah...

Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 09:37:52 AM »

G-Java is very shaky (it isn't officially supported).  They encrypted the editable files starting with GM7, so the G-Java developer couldn't continue to develop new versions.

It is also worthwhile to note that the YoYoGames plugin doesn't stream the game or anything.  It downloads it just like normal - it just downloads it silently to a temp folder then plays it in a new window.  The browser really doesn't have much to do with it anyways.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic