Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411998 Posts in 69459 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 02, 2024, 10:21:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMinimalist 2D Game, "Down Fall"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Minimalist 2D Game, "Down Fall"  (Read 754 times)
zlaw777
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2015, 12:40:31 PM »

Hey my name is Chris, I am an indie developer and this is my first game. It's currently only for android.

The game features minimalist graphics as well as a teleport mechanic.

Watch the gameplay video here:

Download link: - It's free (obviously), no ads, no IAP
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.walz.joltimate.downfall2

• If the game crashes, freezes let me know of your device and Android version. (the game is purely vector based so I think that puts some strain on the processor)
  • Is the game too hard, too easy or just right?
  • Any recommendation or feedback would be great!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 07:32:56 PM by zlaw777 » Logged
OldSoulCyborg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 02:16:29 PM »

Can't play it because it's not available in my region (Iceland). Was that intentional, or just a default you forgot to (or couldn't, for some reason) change?

zlaw777
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 02:34:53 PM »

Thanks for letting me know. I just changed the distribution settings to be available for all.

It will probably be available to you in the 4-5 hours.
OldSoulCyborg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 02:49:59 PM »

Alright, I'll check it out then. Until I play it I'll just say it certainly Looks like a fun and interesting game.

OldSoulCyborg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 04:18:19 PM »

I must say it's kind of frustrating to play. Having more than 1 life and checkpoints helps a little with that, but the challenges are just too unpredictable and they require too much precision. 1 hit kills might be a little too harsh. Maybe contact with a wall gradually shrinks the box, and when it gets to a certain size then you lose a life?

I got up to the part where the lines come in from both sides to squish me, and then bounce back. And then I lost my last life and I had to clear all of the previous levels to get back to where I was to get 1-3 chances at figuring out how to get past that challenge. And then I failed again and had to redo all of the previous levels again to get another shot at the challenge that was stopping my progress. There's just too much repetition, I think. Have you thought about putting the challenges in a random order, something like Super Hexagon? That sort of thing could work very well with this game, if it fits the sort of game you want it to be.

It's a very interesting idea. I can see there's a great game to be made with this mechanic and I hope you succeed.

zlaw777
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 05:45:46 PM »

Thank you so much for the reply and I agree with much of what you said. I think I might change it so you play one level at a time so if you die you, you dont go back to the beginning similar to "aa" or "Angry Birds"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic