Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 09:03:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesRIP Konami?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: RIP Konami?  (Read 46128 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 17, 2016, 06:13:24 PM »

snake looking bored and saying nothing is better than snake repeating the last word of every sentence an npc just said like a clint eastwood voiced parrot tbh.

no
yes
maybe
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 17, 2016, 06:18:28 PM »

The people who play them are by majority old men who watch NHK, don't own smart phones, and hate their families. Their entire human interaction outside of road-side oden sellers consists of making that twisty-hand pachinko symbol at other workmates in the elevator in the morning and then pantomiming disappointment with the outcome of last night's session.

that sounds like compulsive gamblers everywhere tbh
Slowminder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: August 17, 2016, 11:28:52 PM »

I've enjoyed both MGS4 and MGS5, what's wrong with me? I liked that feature in briefing cutscenes, where you play as a small robot and can watch cutscene from different points. I've also enjoyed MGS4 outro, the ending scene almost made me cry. Except for stupid Meryl and Johny lovestory. Gosh, that is retarted.
I also liked MGSV gameplay, but the story is incomplete (obviously). That mission where you have tokill tons of members of your crew would have much more weight, if the script was better, and you had to kill some of major characters. It's still a sad mission, but you're killing faceless NPCs that are somehow praise Venom Snake to death. You have no real bond with them This could be so much better...
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 18, 2016, 01:30:20 AM »

if the metal gear survive trailer said edited by hideo kojima a hideo kojima game written and directed by hideo kojima nerds would be falling over each other calling it the kind of classically wacky premise kojima is known for especially for the multiplayer component. instead it's the worst thing ever
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 18, 2016, 01:33:47 AM »

But the scar, bro. The scar is a character in it's own right. It already has more character development than Metal Gear itself.

Yeah.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 18, 2016, 04:34:47 AM »

if the metal gear survive trailer said edited by hideo kojima a hideo kojima game written and directed by hideo kojima nerds would be falling over each other calling it the kind of classically wacky premise kojima is known for especially for the multiplayer component. instead it's the worst thing ever

everyone has those kinds of biases though. separating the message from the communicator is cognitively difficult. not to mention that it doesn't always make sense to ignore context, in spite of the pernicious myth that ignoring context is "rational". for example, the fact that you are Super Joe colors the way people on tigsource interpret and respond to your posts. many of your jokes (phil fish jokes for instance) are made funnier because they are part of the larger "super joe" persona.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 18, 2016, 06:10:35 AM »

look, this isn't about me, super joe, the hero of the fsa, and how philosophically good and funny i am, it's about baiting timmy gilbert into a long and emotionally charged essay about Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - A Hideo Kojima Game
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 18, 2016, 10:36:54 AM »

I wouldn't have, I have nothing to add, but since you are ask I will make an effort lol.

Kojima is better at mixing context with shlock, mgs5 take many context and put it together in a way that make sense or at least seems like it's trying to say something, that's what attract people unlike most game who use symbol as superficial shock value (deus ex: mankind divided). MGS5 trailer link nationalism to language, refer to 1984 (death of the freedom of expression), reference codetalker (the navajo language was used to obfuscated communication, working of a nation who exterminated them and barely reward their key contribution), have someone who don't talk (quiet), have a virus that destroy people base on the language they speak ... It's legit about language as a tool of domination, identity and expression ...

Now we have shlock without context, so we have wormhole, zombie and crystal, it's about "survive", okay? what else?

#recontextualizeShlockPls

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 18, 2016, 01:40:58 PM »

I wouldn't have, I have nothing to add, but since you are ask I will make an effort lol.

Kojima is better at mixing context with shlock, mgs5 take many context and put it together in a way that make sense or at least seems like it's trying to say something, that's what attract people unlike most game who use symbol as superficial shock value (deus ex: mankind divided). MGS5 trailer link nationalism to language, refer to 1984 (death of the freedom of expression), reference codetalker (the navajo language was used to obfuscated communication, working of a nation who exterminated them and barely reward their key contribution), have someone who don't talk (quiet), have a virus that destroy people base on the language they speak ... It's legit about language as a tool of domination, identity and expression ...

Now we have shlock without context, so we have wormhole, zombie and crystal, it's about "survive", okay? what else?

#recontextualizeShlockPls

ok. and what about the trailer for the on line multiplayer.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 18, 2016, 01:43:11 PM »

look, this isn't about me, super joe, the hero of the fsa, and how philosophically good and funny i am, it's about baiting timmy gilbert into a long and emotionally charged essay about Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - A Hideo Kojima Game

no big deal, i just wanted an excuse to use the word "pernicious" anyway
Unlimie
Level 0

Love&Peace

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 19, 2016, 02:52:17 AM »

Metal Gear zombie shooter = RIP Konami  Facepalm

Hideo gl with Reedus :]
Alessio
Level 0

Visual Artist

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 19, 2016, 09:09:16 AM »

I believe Kojima took this philosophically, by now

Neverthless, it's still a very horrible disrespect towards him.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 19, 2016, 10:11:45 AM »

It's a parody account though

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: August 19, 2016, 12:06:16 PM »

this game will be worsely criticized than if it had a different name on it

don't know if that's justified or not

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 19, 2016, 12:08:37 PM »

it's the banjo kazooie: nuts n bolts effect
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 19, 2016, 12:10:41 PM »

All zombie shooter get criticize harshly now that's the new military shooter

Alessio
Level 0

Visual Artist

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 19, 2016, 12:26:13 PM »

It's a parody account though
Made me LOLMAO anyway!
But the Kojima's photo was actually posted by Norman Reedus himself, what a genius!
Even Reedus was upset for what happened with PT. And Del Toro is a hapless poor man, everytime he tried making a game someone made him fail at it.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 19, 2016, 12:36:27 PM »

when this game was being developed riffing on undead nightmare and left 4 dead 2 probably seemed reasonable but then kojima spent 5 years constructing a sex tent to photograph titties from 118 angles to make a 3d model of them
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 19, 2016, 12:46:05 PM »

TO be frank Kojima has been always call out for the extrem shitty thing he also did, as much as praise for going ways. In the end it's much more interesting than ken levine or david cage takes ...

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 19, 2016, 05:39:31 PM »

In the end it's much more interesting than ken levine or david cage takes ...

true
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic