Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:37:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesRIP Konami?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: RIP Konami?  (Read 46227 times)
matwek
« Reply #500 on: September 17, 2016, 11:29:47 AM »

I feel like this game is going to get a lot of unnecessary stick.
I guess it's never going to match the charm of the main series (for obvious reasons), but it looks like a legitimate good game. Even if a lot of the assets are reused, as long as the content is there I'm genuinely interested.

I feel like the crafting/customisation of the weapons in MGS5 was really under used, but this game looks like the perfect opportunity to improve on that.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 17, 2016, 12:23:56 PM »

It will be as unnecessary than this dino island stuff they put in peace maker, nobody even remember

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 17, 2016, 12:57:34 PM »

i mean the game is literally MGS5, which was a good game. so it follows that this game should be fun as well.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: September 17, 2016, 03:58:50 PM »

It looks really fun
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: September 18, 2016, 05:07:46 AM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1280409

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 18, 2016, 05:25:12 AM »

hideo kojima also thinks that robot dinosaurs and cyborg samurais are below his deep fiction and he would never do that
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 18, 2016, 06:40:12 AM »

definitely no zombies in mgs5. nope.

no.

never.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 18, 2016, 06:46:17 AM »

Quote from: NeoGAF thread
Kojima is going to be ashamed of his words and deeds when he finds out why there are zombies in this world.
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 18, 2016, 06:47:22 AM »

idk, hideo kojima is clearly a dude with VERY specific vision (down to _absolutely needing_ stupid shit to be included sometimes, for his own sake,) so I'm not surprised these zombos don't fit his ideas.

it looks good tho. zombies are super played out, but this is a pretty clever way to take all of the good parts of mgsv that you can get without kojima and make something distant enough that it probably won't feel like poor imitation. mgs5's core mechanics are amazing, and the stealth co-op stuff in the video looks like it'll be pretty fun.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 18, 2016, 07:14:05 AM »

kojima seems like he should be making some shitty 90s anime or manga but he made Tom Clancy presents fight russians over nuclear weapon. How is his shit considered better than Ninja Scroll is a question.
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: September 18, 2016, 07:20:19 AM »

ninja scroll is trashy and also terrible -- kojima games are just trashy

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 18, 2016, 09:27:09 AM »

They are trashy but not JUST trashy, the trash part allow people to be expose to concept they will never be otherwise, and the conceptual part is very good. Much more than levine trash or david cage trash. The trash in mgs is stylistic. Though mgs is not a deep course in philosophy, it can be a fine introduction to some concept and tend to go way that aren't (unquestioned vaguely colonialist) cliché like other trashy game. The focus on language is something that it home because it's a constant background chatter where >I live, it's literally embedded in our culture, and the way it is "presented" in mgs5 is spot on, I only wish it could be developed more. Basically what is slowing me down in my very own game indirectly.

HOwever, while zombie in this implementation is not tied to any conceptual idea, (western) zombie have a place in a political fiction because they were designed that way, they can be element of classism, scientism, consumerism, you name it. They could even have been retrofit in the mgs5 story lore with the concept of language, how people without roots and language (when they are destroyed) become mindless drones.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 18, 2016, 09:31:43 AM »

Im trashy
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 18, 2016, 09:44:40 AM »

if anything i think the trashiness makes ppl who would otherwise like it (esp in the indie community) turned off to mgs.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 18, 2016, 09:57:53 AM »

It's a trade off, I think a lot of people who might like it less trash are already part of a well informed and educated class. What I like is that is that the trashyness make it palatable to a class who would have found the reflexion "pretentious" in other context, which give it broad appeal, therefore broad reach. There is still an overalap between the two class to mediate the discourse without the trashyness anyway, those long essay online are perfect example of that, they give key to the second class, give validation to the in between, and can spark some interest in the first group. That's to me the most interesting thing about these game, the complex cultural dynamics they create around them and the discussion.

To me there is specifically the fact it show me I didn't have to go "author" aesthetics to make a point, which heavily influence my current game, while I'm trying to be trashy, I'm trying to build a grammar of spectacle that work with the semantic universe I'm building, I don't think I'll be sucessful right away, the time spend is in laying basic foundation.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 18, 2016, 10:29:02 AM »

i love the trashiness in mgs and trashiness in general because i am trash.
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 18, 2016, 10:43:40 AM »

i love the trashiness in mgs and trashiness in general because i am trash.

ya same just saying a lot of ppl think its dum anime garbage (instead of the reality: really good anime garbage) cause of some titty bullshit that kojima is prepared to die for.

gimmy: well put, although my impression from my perspective would be that it probably has more harm than good for players (at least here in the west)

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 18, 2016, 11:46:06 AM »

Yeah the sexist stuff is the damning thing

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 18, 2016, 01:11:17 PM »

GSGBen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #519 on: September 18, 2016, 04:21:36 PM »

I haven't played previous MGS games because from what I understand they're linear stealth + hours of cutscenes, but MGSV was incredible. It's basically a really good far cry - open world stealth base infiltration. If this is anything like that I'll enjoy it but goddaaaaaaaamn am I sick of zombies.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic