Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411998 Posts in 69459 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 02, 2024, 10:39:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPacm̬̦̩̹̌͢a̪͓̮̼͍̗͑̿ͫn̛̥͈ͅ - A dark twist on an old classic
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Pacm̬̦̩̹̌͢a̪͓̮̼͍̗͑̿ͫn̛̥͈ͅ - A dark twist on an old classic  (Read 3105 times)
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 12:38:08 PM »

Well honestly, going into this game, I expected there to be an actual "end" to the game.  I understand that you are going for a "corrupted Pacman ROM" feel, but let's face it, you threw that out the window when you started having the little pacman life icons have devil horns on them. Tongue

No, I think you should take this possessed ROM thing one step further, and make it a full on simulation of the game trying to steal your soul.  You could add subtle little hints in that something is far less right than normal, such as the ROM doing things that its hardware wouldn't even support.  You've already done that by having the random screaming sometimes and such, but you can even do a less rare thing such as the ghosts whispering demonically when they are near every now and then instead of emitting static.  When people expect something because they have gotten used to it, they notice little unsettling changes like that.

Perhaps the "lives" in the game no longer mean anything after a certain point, perhaps the entire original game concept and goal fades away after 6-7 levels in, and it changes altogether.  You still control Pacman, there are still ghosts, but the map starts directing you towards certain death, and you have to reach the only pellet at the end to move on.

These are all just very loose thoughts, and nothing more, but the overarching thing I am getting at is, you are really constricting yourself too much by sticking so strictly to being just a Pacman fangame.  It works at the start, but there's just so much more that can be done here as the game progresses.  Strange as it may be sound, I'd almost recommend you create a second game based around the concept of a Pacman like game that morphs more and more into a a 4th wall breaking experience of you fighting against the machine itself for your soul.  Not the soul of the character mind you, but the soul of the one playing the character.

I like these thoughts very much.

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 02:01:23 PM »

I like these thoughts very much.

Agreed. Those sound like great suggestions, if Berick is interested in turning the game into something more.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
andrewjohn1317
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 03:49:23 AM »

It's a very fantastic game of all ever

Get FREE Stuff , Products and Coupons http://www.munchkinsandwich.com/free-stuff-USA
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic