Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 07:36:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[OUT NOW!] Earth Overclocked - A Frantic Sci-fi Rogue-Lite Adventure
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: [OUT NOW!] Earth Overclocked - A Frantic Sci-fi Rogue-Lite Adventure  (Read 7342 times)
11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2015, 10:33:39 AM »

We are currently working on the 0.9.1 update for the closed beta, which adds Elite Elementals to hardmode and reduces all damage taken in normal mode.

Here are some closed beta keys to use on Steam:

CZB5Z-QCPNN-4HWW9
XDT2M-9LGGP-9XHFC
F45AB-T0FML-8C2ZJ
PMDHB-HN3JP-ZPG0T
PLMTL-MT7DA-PKVDR

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2015, 10:58:45 AM »

claimed this PLMTL-MT7DA-PKVDR . thanks for the key.

What kind of feedbacks are you waiting for?
11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2015, 12:25:58 PM »

General feedback and suggestions to improve the game, and bug reports. Overall thoughts.

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2015, 12:42:06 PM »

RAAAIIIIINNN!!!!

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 01:09:21 PM »

you should really do something with the Main title Art. It looks kind of cheap , the green stuff over Earth
looks like mspaint graffiti brush made moss.

Will provide feedback tomorrow as i'm busy till then.

had fun in the first 20 min  Hand Thumbs Up Right
11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 09:14:38 PM »

Here is Good Clean Gaming's video of the beta version. It also brought out some minor issues with the game that we will fix.

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 09:18:19 AM »

BintonGaming started an LP of the beta version! Here is the first episode:

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2015, 08:04:21 AM »

you should really do something with the Main title Art. It looks kind of cheap , the green stuff over Earth
looks like mspaint graffiti brush made moss.

Will provide feedback tomorrow as i'm busy till then.

had fun in the first 20 min  Hand Thumbs Up Right

We just got a new logo created by our lead artist.

EDIT: Drat, it being the same color as these forums is ruining it being posted here.

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2015, 02:25:44 PM »

We're proud to say that Earth Overclocked is finally available to the public!

Store Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/387060
Press Kit: http://www.chroniclebench.com/press-kit.html

So now that we have launched the game in a late beta state, you're probably all wondering, "Where do we go from here?"

Well, first of all we want to focus on making the gameplay more fun and varied. All you're currently doing is pointing and whacking things, after all. While there are plenty of things to beat around, it does get pretty old after a while. Here are our current plans for the near future!

DASHING
The player will be given the ability to make a quick dash in any direction. This gives you more mobility for dodging attacks and maneuvering around monsters, and it can also be used to move around faster. Of course, why does only the player get to dash? That isn't fair!
Fear not; many monsters will also be getting this ability! Each monster who can dash will utilize dashing maneuvers in different ways. Whether to get closer to the player, hop to the other side of the player, or dodge attacks, monsters will be far trickier to deal with.

MONSTER ARENAS
Running around flipping switches in dungeons can be boring. Here is something that will fix that: monster arenas. Some switches will spawn in special room layouts. When one of these switches is flipped, you will be blocked into the room and enemies will spawn in waves. Defeat all monsters to open the way out, as well as the colored gate that the switch was connected to. Previously you only fought bosses in enclosed spaces, but not anymore! With limited mobility, you will need to think a bit differently to survive in these arenas.

MORE ELITE ELEMENTALS
Currently there are 3 different Elite Elementals in the game. Elite Elementals are stronger versions of normal monsters with additional abilities, such as creating walls of fire or surrounding themselves with pools of water. As of right now these monsters only appear in the mode Earth Unleashed. We would like to bring Elite Elementals to the normal game mode as well while keeping them as a differing factor in Earth Unleashed. It has been decided to create 3 more Elite Elementals, totaling the amount to 6. All 6 Elite Elementals will appear in Earth Unleashed, while only half of them are selected to appear in the main game mode every run.

We have more ideas behind the scenes. If you have suggestions, feel free to share! We take into consideration all feedback!

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2015, 05:01:14 AM »

Glad you changed the logo, this looks so much better now.

Now put a girl as a character !
hsnabn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2015, 06:58:27 AM »

Hi there. I claimed the key "F45AB-T0FML-8C2ZJ", thanks! I'd love to give back feedback after I've downloaded the game, so what kind of feedback would you like?
General feedback and suggestions to improve the game, and bug reports. Overall thoughts.
This, or do you need more?

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2015, 11:03:26 AM »

Glad you changed the logo, this looks so much better now.

Now put a girl as a character !

There is one, don't worry. We would of added more, but the game only has like 2-3 characters and given the simplistic story there wasn't really much room for more. If you are referring to enemies, most enemies are gender neutral.

@hsnabn We basically want to improve the game as much as possible before full release, so what is most important would be negatives about the game and how the team could fix them. We are currently aware of some issues (static difficulty in dungeons and lack of variety DURING runs while variety BETWEEN runs is good are a couple of reported issues so far). I also recommend balancing it with more positive feedback for morale support reasons. Tell us what you do like. =)

hsnabn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2015, 12:02:34 PM »

No problem, I'll get on it as soon as the download finishes. Slow internet speed right now Sad.

hsnabn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2015, 04:07:12 AM »

Alright, I played it for some time today. Here's the thoughts that immediately came to mind:
        - You can see weapons through walls when you use them (EDIT: some particle effects too). It's not very important, but maybe the weapon could be hidden, or a holographic outline added to the player and weapon when behind walls.
        + Combat feels really good in my opinion.
        + The art is really good, as well as the music.
        + I liked it that there are different suits available to cater to different playstyles.
        ? It seems I had the weapons I had equipped in the tutorial when starting the story. Is this intended?
I'll post any more impressions after I've played more.

EDIT: Few more impressions:
        + The game told me I could hold the mouse button for repeated attacking when I kept furiously clicking.
        + The dungeon minimap was done well, I'd say (it highlighted explored rooms).
        + The black slime enemy, the slime trail it left behind would slow me down, this was a good one.

All in all, you've got a fine product here. I couldn't find many negative points, but then again, I didn't really play much. Only got about 45000 points and died from some spikes on the way to the boss room Sad.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 04:26:24 AM by hsnabn » Logged

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2015, 10:43:36 AM »

Thank you! We're aware that the game still has some depth issues, including weapons over walls, but we plan on fleshing this out more in the future.

And yes you are supposed to start with two weapons (the weapons you start with depend on the suit you decide to play as). The game is difficult, but we wouldn't be THAT cruel.

archgame
Level 2

I program architecture and build video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2015, 07:14:56 AM »

Late congrats on Greenlight and the early beta. Stumbled upon the game and immediately saw an area that with a little improvement could add a whole lot of polish to the game (which your animations definitely have).

The background tiles you use for floors in your levels are really distracting with their noticeable repetition.

Here are some popular examples that have repeating background patterns that don't feel repetitious and distracting.

Using these as examples two things you could do really fast are soften the contrast within your pattern (you can do this in photoshop with levels and saturation real easily ("ctrl + l" or "ctrl + u"). Additionally you could break up the ground so that it isn't one continuos pattern, both these examples use two patterns and it does a lot to not make the level feel repetitive.

Your latest screengrab with the trees shows a step in the right direction, just keeping pushing this and your level art will look as polished as your animations!

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2015, 06:30:21 PM »

Progress Update!

The dashing system is mechanically complete, and we decided to focus on giving lower tier enemies the ability to dash to make early-game combat more "interesting." (Also we didn't really find the system compatible with most of the higher tier enemies due to their already complex and difficult AI patterns.) The Sand Dweller and Bat enemies also have new AI. Dashing has no visual flare yet, but we'll be working on it.

Monster arenas are functionally working, but they aren't in a state where I can call them "fun" yet. We're going to be balancing and tweaking the arenas until they feel "right."

I just added Shadow Elites to the Earth Overclocked's code last night. Shadow Elites are one of the 3 "Arena Elementals," elementals which are introduced in the previously mentioned monster arenas and appear in the wild after said initial encounter. (In contrast to the standard elementals, which start out appearing in the wild and are less complicated to defeat.) A Shadow Elite creates 3 weak shadow clones of itself when it is first damaged and spreads the clones out, in attempt to overwhelm the player. There are ways to kill a Shadow Elite without triggering its cloning ability, though.

We also decided to do a bit of an environmental revamp, as suggested by the above poster and several others. This isn't guaranteed to be in the next update, but possibly the one after.

Pictures coming later! Just let us make these new additions look more "presentable" first!

RayRay26
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2015, 01:36:15 PM »

Here's an update on the dashing! No sound effect yet, but I am making that real soon. Meanwhile, enemies get the same treatment.

I guess you can say it looks rather dashing! Eh? Eh? A bit ashamed on reusing the joke from Twitter...

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2015, 07:42:36 AM »

Elite Elementals are coming in today's rather massive 0.9.2 update. Here is a Shadow Elemental in action!

The Shadow Elemental creates weak clones of itself when it is first damaged. This is one of the 6 elementals you will encounter.

We hope you will enjoy this update! It has a lot of new features and surprises, being our first of 2 or 3 major updates during the Early Access period!

11clock
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2015, 09:16:38 PM »

The "Elemental Update" is live!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/387060

0.9.2.0 (Windows), 0.9.4 (Mac OS X) (September 12, 2015)
"Elemental Update"

-Added dashing for players and enemies (default key/button is Space/RB)
-Added monster arenas
-Elementals now spawn in the Distorted Earth game mode (elementals are powerful monsters with additional abilities previously exclusive to the Earth Unleashed mode)
-Added three new elementals: Shadow, Metal, and Psychic
-Leaf elemental was replaced with Void elemental
-Changed mechanics regarding how elementals spawn (they are less tacked on and more connected to the rest of the game)
-Some multiplayer prep
-Mega Slot Chests now spawn the thing they unlocked
-Scientist no longer takes damage from the edge of spikes
-Stolen coins do not give duplicate points
-Fixed and sped up the Placing Some Details phase
-Dungeon rooms that were guarded by gates are now colored
-Made invincibility pulse at the end of the period
-Made neon spikes look electrifying
-Changed the wall graphic
-Ceiling tiles were raised and become transparent when objects hide behind them
-Rocky, Gridblock, Death Turtle, and Gem Turtle are now all affected by knockback to an extent
-Metallic enemies and props make a unique sound when hit
-Meiun now has a warning before spawning
-Made fleeing enemies move slower
-Decreased the speed of Flubs (the bouncing enemies)
-Several enemies have changes in their AI
-Several optimizations
-Couple of interface tweaks
-Loads of various other fixes
-Updated the survey to a new one

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic