Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:22:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCute hamster ball game or whatever - 2D mobile platformer
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Cute hamster ball game or whatever - 2D mobile platformer  (Read 5304 times)
zilluss
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 11:25:03 AM »

Today I started to make an enemy from my avatar. But there are still a lot of rough edges and I'll have to tweak the attack pattern.
Edit: added obligatory onomatopoetic (Thx @ prinsessa for the word explanation  Gentleman) Sprite

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:43:32 AM by zilluss » Logged

@zilluss | Devlog  Hand Point Right
zilluss
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 07:49:38 AM »

I've been working on a background for cave levels. Though the colors seem a little boring, so I might tweak them a little.

I've also been working on a new kind of enemy, since I found the slime enemy pretty cool (I call it Blargh). So I created a flying variant for it. The first feedback I got was that the monocolouration is boring, but I'm not sure how or if I'll tweak it.

Can't decide which movement pattern looks better.

lululuprimal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 06:16:54 PM »

This looks adorable! Grin

Lydia Primate
[email protected]
Game music composer, singer, songwriter, performer
https://soundcloud.com/lydiaprimate1
zilluss
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 06:34:10 AM »

Not much happened, I mainly refactored. I still haven't come up a good name yet Shrug. Lately lately I've been working on some more enemies. I'm currently drafting a stationary squid enemy that shoots projectiles.

The first version looked mostly like an actual squid, but turned out to be too big. I want something small that I can put in small niches of the stage. So I worked from there and I'll probably go with the simple one that looks like a japanese bento sausage.

I also created a generic crawling enemy for the ice (cream) world, but it's still very much the first draft so I'm still working on it.

I also made a purple version of the slime enemies, because the grass world has mainly green backgrounds and surprisingly, green on green has a very bad contrast Facepalm

zilluss
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 01:25:02 PM »

I use Tiled to create the Levels. When I started, Tiled didn't have the shape editor for the tilesets and I'm still waiting for PhysicsEditor to support edge shapes. So I hacked together a small tile shape editor in HTML5. The first version, which I used until now was extremely primitive. Every tile could have a set of points that you could set by clicking. That's it. It didn't even have a undo function or the ability to move a point. But it allowed me to set the points pixel precise. This is important because if the surface is uneven and the ghost vertices aren't set correctly, the character will bump, which is very annoying and disturbs the flow of the game.

This weekend I created a new editor, which allows me to add multiple shapes to a tile, copy and paste shapes, set flags for the shapes and move the points after setting them. The multiple shapes are useful because now I can define a shape at an edge tile at which an enemy will turn around. I can also define if a shape is a oneway collider. But the best part ist that I can now easily define the ghost vertices, because I still had some problems with them when I used the old editor. I probably could've finished the game with the old editor, but the results wouldn't have been as satisfying  Smiley

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:30:19 PM by zilluss » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic