Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 03:11:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPosable Heroes - EARLY ACCESS LAUNCH!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Posable Heroes - EARLY ACCESS LAUNCH!  (Read 13978 times)
desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2017, 01:34:45 PM »

So we've finally decided to go with the borderless style. It's cleaner.

The only drawback is that now the separation between interactive objects and background is not as clear as it used to be, and in this type of game it should be obvious what you can and cannot touch. So we need to put more effort on really bring thing forward, most likely using lighting as the main tool.

But I did add a little more color to the character, because it was too dark in the previous versions.

desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2017, 07:08:27 PM »

The new artwork is being implemented, and the levels are starting to take it's final form. You can see here the before and after shots.

desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2017, 08:09:20 AM »

Finally, after more than 3 years, the game enters greenlight and the final stage of development. The last 20% that is supposed to take 80% of the time. By that computation I'll be finishing the game by 2025. Great! Shrug

All kidding aside, I'm aiming for a september or october release. Wish me luck.

Anyway if you like the project so far please vote on greenlight: Posable Heroes on Greenlight

Indiana-Jonas
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2017, 12:38:05 PM »

WHAT A COOL AND LOVELY GAME, GOOD JOB AAAAH

desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2017, 08:19:27 AM »

Thank you!

desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2017, 11:10:59 AM »

It's been one week on Greenlight now. The first day I had a good run and at some point I reached 55% approval. But on the next morning I woke up to a low 40%. After one week, I sit now at 44%.

It's not a super bad ratio, I think. But the average top 50 game has 65% approval... so it's not awesome either.

It seems impossible to reach them...

I can live with that ratio, but my problem right now is that pretty much the visits have stopped. I had around 300+ votes on the first day, and ~100 on the next 6 days combined! There's no way I can reach a decent ammount of yes votes if I keep this speed.

Anyway if you like the project so far please vote on greenlight: Posable Heroes on Greenlight

desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2017, 08:26:36 AM »

As Greenlight goes on, we keep working on revamping the artwork of the entire game.

This is some huge soldier you find on your way inside the facilities.

You can see how it was with programmer art, the few options we explored, and how we settled with the one with the suit.

foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2017, 01:19:45 PM »

I'm at almost the exact same percentage and number of votes (after two weeks). But I have hope for us! Smiley
I have liked your unique style since I first saw the devlog, so I just gave you a vote.  Hand Thumbs Up Left

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2017, 09:24:28 AM »

We keep working on new characters.
This one is an old master. Classic stereotype, a la Kill Bill.

This master will give you some serious advice and also just pose an impediment on your journey, who must be defeated.

desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2017, 05:48:34 AM »

I'm at almost the exact same percentage and number of votes (after two weeks). But I have hope for us! Smiley

Heh, I would like to have your optimism... but I've already seen games (physics puzzles, nonetheless) that were submitted around the same date as mine and have already been greenlit on the 4th of May batch...
Valve's gods have already hovered around my area and have not chosen me. I'm positive I'm doing something wrong and not seeing it.

Platy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2017, 06:28:45 PM »

Your game seems really promising, everything from the concept to the art style are really top notch.
I just gave you a vote a steam greenlight hope it helps.
I read in some earlier posts that you had made a demo but I can't seem to find it anywhere, does it still exist ?
If it does I would love to give it a try Smiley
turnipinrut
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2017, 12:40:49 AM »

this really looks fantastic!
desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2017, 06:20:08 AM »

this really looks fantastic!

Your game seems really promising, everything from the concept to the art style are really top notch.
I just gave you a vote a steam greenlight hope it helps.

Thank you!

I read in some earlier posts that you had made a demo but I can't seem to find it anywhere, does it still exist ?
If it does I would love to give it a try Smiley

I used to have a demo with programmer art, but ever since we started updating the graphics the two artstyles collided and it doesn't look very polished as it used to. I'll try to find the old demo for you to try.

Platy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2017, 06:47:33 AM »

I used to have a demo with programmer art, but ever since we started updating the graphics the two artstyles collided and it doesn't look very polished as it used to. I'll try to find the old demo for you to try.

Oh great thank you very much  Wink Hand Thumbs Up Right
desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »

Today was spent tweaking the physics parameters. One of the main difficulties was finding a balance between a "responsive" character and a more "natural".

You want to be responsive to do the things the player wants. You want to be able to jump high, or to move the arms quite fast.
At the same time, you don't want a robot, sometimes things are not reached in one frame, or a hard hit should displace the armas from the position.

Here is a current simple jump:

It's strong at the beginning, where reaching the jumping pose is essential to gain some altitude. Then it becomes softer at the end, to cushion the landing; otherwise it would bounce like a goat.

desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2017, 01:19:01 PM »

Now that greenlight is over and the project was allowed to enter steam (next to 1500+ other games), development continues.

Lately, I've been working on integrating art. Trying to reach the almost final state.

This is a part of level four, where police has boarded the space ship and is actively trying to shoot you.

desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2017, 02:48:51 PM »

Art integration continues. An also a little bit of working on the story the whole game. I think I should implement some sort of tool for making the comic sequences because they are taking me quite some time.

These is level 5, the character is flying around some trash tubes trying to find a way out.

desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2017, 01:41:02 PM »

Sunday, leisure work while watching TV.
Remaking some of the previous comic from programmer art to final art.

darrenagar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2017, 02:33:12 PM »

Been watching this project for a while, remains one of the coolest concepts I've seen on these here forums, I hope others will see that! The art style fits perfectly. do you have an idea of how many levels/average play through time?   

desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2017, 06:51:34 AM »

Thank you!  Smiley

I'm working on a 25 level story mode, which I'm not sure how long it will take people. If I had to guess it would at least be 8 hours. The first levels are introduction but once you get to the eighth those animation become quite complex.

I'm also including ~10 extra levels in "the forgotten levels", a collection of levels that didn't work for the story or were too difficult.

And finally I'm including the level editor, hoping the community will build the best material out there.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic