Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411953 Posts in 69454 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

June 30, 2024, 11:35:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBrain-Box (a boxing game, with brains)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Brain-Box (a boxing game, with brains)  (Read 768 times)
Mya
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 02, 2015, 02:15:29 AM »

Hi all,

Brain Box is a pretty simple boxing game, except you can see the boxers' brains above them, and have to k.o. your opponent by damaging the same part of their brain:

DOWNLOAD BRAINBOX HERE V1.5, updated(02/04/2015)

It'd be great to get feedback on the gameplay - both 1P against the computer, and the 2P mode if you can get someone to play with you - also any other glaring issues with usability/interface etc.

Thanks in advance!

otacle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 09:43:03 AM »

this game is good & simple.
but in 1p mode, 's' key(straight punch) not working.
im using windows7 64bit.
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 04:41:10 PM »

It's pretty good. I played singleplayer and kinda enjoyed it. I like the animation and the gameplay feels all right. The only thing that I really disliked was that blocking drained stamina. Maybe it should just keep stamina from recharging, but not actually drain it unless you get hit.

I like the sound effects.

It was nice to see that the mouse worked in the main menu. It didn't work on the next screen, but I guess that's reasonable.

The art is nice, but it bugs me that the characters, text, stamina icons and the ring are all different resolutions.

It wasn't particularly clear how to do well in the game. I never felt like I was actually targeting a certain part of the brain. Both mine and my opponent's were just surrounded by blood. Maybe uppercuts should cause more spin, and straight punches not cause spin at all, so players have more control over what they're targeting? Having every punch spin the brain just ends up making the brain get hit on all sides.

Any plans to make other characters?

No technical issues for me in Windows 7 64-bit.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Mya
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 03:57:55 PM »

@otacle: Thanks for giving it a play man, not sure what could be causing this, i'll investigate.

@Quicksand-S: Awesome - thanks very much for all of the great feedback, i'll try to incorporate as much as I can in the next build. More character sprites are definitely planned, so it won't just be the same boxer over & over again.

andrew.r.lukasik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 10:50:13 AM »

Hi Mya,
My subjective observation is that blocking / defensive approach probably isn't working right now; makes me lose while constant offensive scores one win after another.

ps: this brain death animation is gross :D
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic