Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:25:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIce Caves of Europa - Releasing July 10th!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Ice Caves of Europa - Releasing July 10th!  (Read 14767 times)
Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2018, 02:28:28 AM »

The laser indicator on the HUD turns yellow, and says 'laser charging' and an audio cue beeps while it charges. It only takes a few seconds and then it's recharged. Maybe you were expecting it to last longer?
No, I've seen exactly how long it took. Have been watching the video at work, so I didn't hear the sounds, but after the tutorial it was clear for what I should look out. But I watched the thrusters and I somehow expected to see a change in its graphics while the recharging lasts.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
monoRAIL
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2018, 08:53:52 PM »

Some reviews for the game:

Indiegames
However, while maneuvering and exploration are the central gameplay elements and objectives, what drive Ice Caves of Europa is a larger story revolving around a mysterious conspiracy and your Dragonfly's own burgeoning AI interacting with the other AIs controlling drones and bases on Europa.

Checkpoing gaming
There’s also different flight modes including a vertical stability mode that will keep your drone upright at the cost of some manoeuvrability. You’ll want to learn how to fly in both flight modes... What starts out as a simple mission about exploration and data gathering turns into the discovery of a sinister interplanetary conspiracy.

monoRAIL
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2018, 12:57:49 AM »

GameZine have posted a 30 minute 'long-play' video of the game without commentary here:

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2018, 02:01:13 AM »

It looks soooo soothing to play.

I have to remember to boot to Windows to play this Tongue
NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2018, 06:17:34 AM »

it looks amazing  Smiley

farid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2018, 06:27:10 AM »

nice, games like this are always great.
Josh Bossie
Level 3

Fly Safe, Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2018, 01:41:09 PM »

How is your release going so far? Really happy you saw this through to launch!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2018, 02:17:43 AM »

Some feedback on the release trailer from a friend whom I know is the type to love this kind of hard Sci-Fi stuff:

Ice caves lijkt interessant maar die trailer laat te weinig gameplay zien om echt iets over te kunnen zeggen. Ik hou mijn oren open.

Translation:

Ice caves looks interesting but that trailer shows too little gameplay to really say anything meaningful about it. I'll keep my ears open

I sent him the 3 minute version and the 30 min long play, and the reviews. Sadly, it turns out his gaming Achilles heel is momentum-based gameplay - "Oh god, Lunar Lander PTSD" Sad

He might forward it to some of his friends that he thinks are into it though

Either way, maybe link the gameplay trailer from the release trailer page? And make a slightly longer one that combines elements of both to pin it in your Twitter feed and such? Just trying to help optimize your marketing a bit (not that I'm a marketer myself)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic