Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:55:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Moon Fields x Combat Junior (Zelda-like x Local Versus) *DEMO*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: The Moon Fields x Combat Junior (Zelda-like x Local Versus) *DEMO*  (Read 9918 times)
HopelessComposer
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »

Give him a break. He's on Instagram! It's part of the cool and hip indie style! =P
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2016, 09:41:49 AM »

Yeah dudes. I'm just trying to welcome a different demographic ya'll.  Beer! Beer!

edit: for a post with actual content please see this post about bosses on my actual real devlog. it's just sketches of sketches of boss ideas. some pictures some not. some are totally ripped off from other games, but more like feelings than other things (e.g. i really want a sad boss like sif and a beautiful elegant boss like moonlit butterfly).

coder says batwing buttstomper is apparently a must have so i might sketch a more indepth image. i am also going to target the demo for more serious boss ideas.

wrt demo:

the dungeon theme is going to be waterlogged catacombs. there might be a cult. we're going to overlay a track of cultists chanting more and more as you go deeper into the dungeon. there will be one room you enter and it'll be a "boss" room involving the cult. afterwards the cult chanting goes away. enemies for the dungeon are slimes, skeletons with daggers, cultists, mummies, and floating eyes with batwings (magical?). i can add or subtract things, and many things are not set in stone.

the bosses will probably fit these guys, though. if you check out the interdimensional devlog boss post there's a boss entry that is multiheaded. i like the ideas of multiple heads or masks and multiple faces. cheers, thanks for reading, etc. i think for the demo we'll probably have this boss room for cultists, another tough enemy midboss room, and then the final "oh shit yeah this is a real boss" boss. some of these might mix and match. i dunno!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:08:33 AM by xix » Logged

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2016, 12:35:22 PM »

GGJ16 we made a multiplayer version of our Zelda Game. Uh. It's coming along.
itch link:
http://interdimensional.itch.io/combat-jr
recap:
http://interdimensional.space/2016/02/%E6%88%A6%E9%97%98%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A5%E3%83%8B%E3%82%A2-combat-jr/
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:04:51 PM by xix » Logged

Get the demo itch.io
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2016, 08:00:03 AM »

We're trying to put together a menu for item select. This is just the start, but I thought it was a cool image.

Get the demo itch.io
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2016, 05:38:18 AM »

How to embed video?

Get the demo itch.io
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2016, 10:17:19 PM »

We're showing off Combat Jr 2 at a conference near Milwaukee tomorrow! Stokedd

Get the demo itch.io
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2016, 07:06:16 AM »

We hosted a tournament and our friends played it in a real swank bar. It was p dope. Stay tuned for footage from Midwest Gaming Classic.

Get the demo itch.io
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2016, 09:22:58 AM »

Trying to get *real serious*. Modified the OP and here's a longplay of us playing some videogames 1v1.

Get the demo itch.io
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2016, 04:01:02 PM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEb_n4zGnMN/

Win Count

Get the demo itch.io
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2016, 04:49:43 AM »

We're working on making small things impressive.

1) Instead of a timer and a "draw" match we call a hail of moonrocks to determine the winner after a too-long match.

2) We added a win counter post match. Instead of a traditional win counter though it just displays all your win coins in your corner....

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:41:12 AM by xix » Logged

Get the demo itch.io
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2016, 12:06:10 PM »

Shit dudes fuck we submitted to indiecade and combobreaker! Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Get the demo itch.io
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2016, 10:38:04 PM »

We released Super Combat Jr 2 on itch.io. Check out the trailer!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:14:13 AM by xix » Logged

Get the demo itch.io
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2016, 01:02:12 PM »

Uhhhhhh.... Dudes. We're gonna show off the game at Combo Breaker. Super fucking stoked.

Get the demo itch.io
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2016, 06:44:28 AM »

Uhhh can someone tell me how to format these things for TIGSource? the width/height bbcode is failing me at the moment.

Get the demo itch.io
melos han-tani
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2016, 09:13:12 AM »

nice, how is the moon fields part of the game going?

Working on Anodyne 2! https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=65359.0 Made Anodyne, Even the Ocean, All Our Asias
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2016, 11:10:00 AM »

The Moon Fields is just in the baby planning stages. Combat Jr is going to get a refactorization to make the workflow faster for implementing new items because we want something like 2-4x the amount of items we have now. Pretty much everything was hacked in to get something playable and fun, so we need to do this very badly. Hopefully this can be done over the summer - outside of tweaking, the main game itself only took 2 months to make. After that we're going to focus on a Moon Fields single player demo!

I do have some cool ideas running through my head for TMF. First of all I think the health system in CJr is cool and we want to keep this low health thing. So I think instead of collecting 'hearts' to increase your overall health, you'll collect 'cherubs' to grant you new lives (retrys) for the current screen you're on. If you lose all your 'cherubs' you get respawned at a basecamp. I have also been reading about Zelda Randomizer a lot and I think that's the kind of infinite possibility space I want to go for. That level of randomization plus 80 items plus some randomized sections of the map is just giving me good vibes. But we aren't close to that part... yet!

Get the demo itch.io
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2016, 03:31:15 AM »

WE ARE GOING TO COMBOBREAKER WHAT ARE WE DOING I DON'T KNOW

///seriously feeling the need to get back into the single player moon fields mode but hey whatever cool cool cool

Get the demo itch.io
michael_88
Level 0

hello

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2016, 05:55:09 AM »

Music in the OP video giving me straight-up Earthbound vibes, which is never a bad thing

X P E T S    |    F I L T H Y  B E A R    |    P E S T
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2016, 08:08:42 AM »

Music in the OP video giving me straight-up Earthbound vibes, which is never a bad thing

This is a great compliment! The dude who made the music is named Zackary Wilson. You can find his stuff on Soundcloud. We really like his music.

Also we have a $5 sale for the current COMBO BREAKER APPROVED version of CJr2. You buy it for $5 and you get the eventual single player game for free whenever it happpeens (next year? dunno!)

https://interdimensional.itch.io/super-combat-jr-ii

Get the demo itch.io
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2016, 05:26:55 AM »

Just got confirmation from Zack Wilson and Jay Wilson (Boba Sweat) that they'll make music for TMFxCJr. So stoked.

Does anyone have tips on how to compensate artists? We have zero funds, but we told them we'd get back to them when we're closer to crowdfunding. That's at best Decemberish....

Get the demo itch.io
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic