Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411530 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 02:11:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Moon Fields x Combat Junior (Zelda-like x Local Versus) *DEMO*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: The Moon Fields x Combat Junior (Zelda-like x Local Versus) *DEMO*  (Read 10016 times)
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2016, 03:32:20 PM »

Youtube Streaming @6pm CST.

https://www.youtube.com/interdimensionalspacewizards/live

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2016, 10:39:53 PM »

And here's the result:

I think I'll have to hone my streaming skills, but we'll figure it out eventually.

Get the demo itch.io
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2016, 01:14:19 PM »

We're going to keep up this open key up for the itch.io download of CombatJr till about Sunday! If you have any time to check it out/play with a friend we'd really appreciate it. If we don't have any glaring problems we're going to start crushing the single player portion!

open key here:
https://interdimensional.itch.io/combatjr/download/x1ctB715260220su5gZTXfrL1z7FKU9Pm3tLfhy2

Get the demo itch.io
Krucho
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2016, 01:53:12 PM »

Anyone know about fighting games?

I have a technical question regarding stun for attacks in fighting games. I guess most fighting games are slightly different, but in general (or in games you like) how is it treated If a player still has 8 frames left of stun when you hit them again for another 16 frames of stun?

1) Are the stun frames cumulative? E.g. this scenario would stun for 24 frames?
2) Does it pick the longer stun? E.g. this scenario would stun for 16 frames. If the new hit had 4 frames of stun would it *stay* at 8 frames of stun?
3) Does it pick the newest stun? E.g. if you had 30 frames of stun left and got hit with a quick punch with only 15 frames of stun would it go to 15 frames?

I can see both scenario 2 and 3. I can also see scenario 1 if stun frames get over a certain amount that there'd be a cap or the depletion of stun frames is a function of the total number of stun frames (e.g. if you were to be over 30 frames of stun you'd start losing stun frames faster).

tldr; Does anyone have links to very technical aspects of fighting games like stun?

In practically all fighting games it is 3) it picks the newest stun.
So yes if the guy is in a very long stun and you do a weak attack it will make allow him to recover faster but at the same time you use this to try to catch your opponent by surprise in fighting games it is called a reset. (because it litterally resets the combo scaling as well so the point of a reset is to try to get 2 pretty good combos instead of just 1 good combo)
Generally if you have a lot of stunning attacks you want to use 3) or it will probably feel awkward, if they are more rare you can try mobas method which is 2) only taking the longest stun.

1) never happens though
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 02:03:59 PM by Krucho » Logged
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2017, 03:41:58 PM »

It looks like ISW is dead. That means Combat Jr is dead. That means that The Moon Fields x Combat Jr isn't happening.

I'm like real, real sad and upset. But we gotta move on. I've made Combat Jr free. Check it out here:

https://interdimensional.itch.io/combatjr

Edit:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=60990.0

The Moon Fields is back. I built an entirely new game and that's the link to the new devlog. Cheers
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 07:37:37 AM by xix » Logged

Get the demo itch.io
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic