Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 06:25:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsARCADIAN ATLAS
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: ARCADIAN ATLAS  (Read 39998 times)
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2016, 10:20:48 AM »

Introducing the APOTHECARY (fem)

Our newest job class!
Potions, acid pots, & homunculi
Who said the healer has to be boring?

(male design coming next!)

JWK5
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2016, 12:55:43 PM »

I know it may be asking a lot, but for non-important characters (i.e. job class characters) it would be nice if you had a few versions of each job class with different hair and skin colors, and maybe even different variations on their clothes or clothes colors. That way, if you have more than one apothecary in your ranks they don't all look exactly alike. Even if the changes were only slight, any variety is better than none.

Anyways, keep up the awesome work!
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2016, 01:58:22 PM »

It's funny you say that, because customizable hired soldiers is actually something we really want to include in the game!
It would be a super labor-intensive undertaking so it would have to go further down on the list of stretch goals in our Kickstarter, but if we were able to overfund to that level we would be able to offer several skin tones & hair color options for the mercenaries.

If you could possibly help spread the word about this stretch goal it would be awesome! Because, in all honesty it's something we've wanted for the game since the beginning & feel it would make for a much more complete & inclusive experience.  Beer!

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2016, 04:20:30 PM »

Another still from the teaser video. It's really coming together nicely - super excited to share the finished product with you guys!

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2016, 10:12:30 PM »

really cool!
It's tonally funny to see the serious tone of the text with character with rosey cheeks lol

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2016, 09:56:18 AM »

The team is working frantically to ensure our teaser video is complete by the end of the month! I'm finishing up sprite animations, Taylor is getting all the scenes polished for the video, and Moritz is working on a tune & some sound design.

The reason for this tight deadline?

We'll be unveiling the world premiere exclusive of our teaser at PAX South, Sun the 31st!

Come say Hi (we'll have the goofy AA shirts on) and check out the video we've worked so hard on!

In the meantime, here's a couple more stills from the video:

RujiK
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2016, 12:07:16 PM »

Why does that scumbag beat up the poor racoon?Huh?

Peta is watching.

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2016, 10:15:43 AM »

New blog entry up! Click here for properly formatted version.

Arcadian Atlas Team Visit PAX & Other Teaser Video News

PAX South - Teaser Video - Map Editor News

Apologies for the late update here! It's not for lack of news, it's actually due to quite the opposite. Progress on Arcadian Atlas has sped up exponentially now that the initial obstacles have been overcome. Our programmer has already almost finished the map editor, so now our maps can be the fully interactive & climbable experience we wanted for the game.

This is an early gif of how the editor was before the half tiles & abnormal objects (trees, rooftops, etc) were complete:

And here's a look INSIDE the editor, where we build the maps! (Still an early WIP):

Along with the programming milestones, we've also had the rest of the team working feverishly on the teaser video.

Moritz is cooking up a tune & some sound design for the teaser, so everyone is really excited to hear what he's got in store for the video!

I myself (Becca) am finishing up all remaining sprites, icons & UI needed for the video.

Here's a couple stills from the teaser video Taylor has been working many a late night to choreograph & animate:

Going to PAX South this year?

Come find us Sunday 31st for an EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK at the teaser!
(we'll be wearing Arcadian Atlas shirts, can't miss us)

Not going to be at PAX but still want to see the teaser as soon as it's finished?

Next blog entry will be to celebrate the teaser video release.
Until then...!

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2016, 02:03:43 PM »

Why does that scumbag beat up the poor racoon?Huh?

Peta is watching.

that raccoon had a knife!  Tiger

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2016, 01:00:51 PM »

We've been working our fingers off on this teaser video... Literally! My right thumb is basically dead, I'm trying to draw with a splint ATM.   Waaagh!

Git 'em, girls!

These classic job classes plus several others featured in the video!

Very excited to bring this video to PAX South on the 31st. Hope to see ya there!

C7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2016, 02:08:36 PM »

I'm really excited about this project, as I'm a huge fan of tactical rpg games. It's been a long time since there's been a Final Fantasy Tactics game. You've done a good job of evoking the style of the pixel artwork. It looks great!

I'm curious though, how are you going to handle the composition of your forces? Are you going to recruit, train and equip your soldiers like in Tactics, or are you going to be focusing on specific characters in a scripted narrative? (Similar to Fire Emblem)

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2016, 11:02:11 AM »

Teaser video is almost here! Don't forget we'll be at PAX South tomorrow (SUN 31st), come say Hi to us & check out the EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK at the teaser video.  Beer!

C7: Awesome, glad to hear it! We are going to have a mixture of both elements, with more heavy character development for some of the more major characters as well as recruitment & training of a small batch of soldiers. The idea though is that the hired help will become like main characters to the player because you will build them up into the customized soldier that you come to count on to get through battles. We want it to be devastating if one of them dies permanently in battle.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »

I like how the victims are like

"Watch out! it seems we have a back stabbing badass over here", "yeah I noticed too  Roll Eyes"

Big Laff

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2016, 02:20:01 PM »

The last images look super cool! Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

Why are some of them that blurry?
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2016, 05:52:33 PM »

If anything is blurry here it is on accident. Some of it is may be due to me having to shrink down what size the images are displayed at due to their high res, and sometimes the images get converted to jpgs depending on where we upload them initially. Anything blurry here will not be blurry in-game, we are strong believers in pixel perfect worlds.  Smiley

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2016, 03:16:15 PM »

PAX South was so much fun!
Thank you everyone who came by & said hello. We got a great response on the WIP teaser video & some super helpful advice from what i consider to be big indie dev celebrities  Kiss, so all in all a great experience (esp for my own personal 1st game con!)

And now that Moritz has finished up the EPIC sound work for the video, we are ready to release!

... Soon!

We are actually headed to Las Vegas first, to hang out with our sister & niece (.. and maybe a little gambling  Hand Money Left )

Get ready...

Teaser video coming Monday, Feb 8th

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:43:50 PM by BBreakfast » Logged

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2016, 12:14:03 PM »

It's here!

Special thanks to my brother Taylor for doing all the video work & Moritz for the great music & sound design!

Hope you guys enjoy  Kiss

Lares Yamoir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2016, 02:21:04 PM »

Already watched it. I think this is a great Teaser.
Makes you ask a lot of questions about the story and the characters, without being confusing or providing no information at all.
And of course the art is great!

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2016, 05:09:02 PM »

Wow, thank you Lares! That means a lot.  Smiley

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2016, 05:26:09 PM »

Congratz! its coming along nicely Smiley