Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:39:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsARCADIAN ATLAS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: ARCADIAN ATLAS  (Read 39615 times)
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2015, 01:33:15 PM »

Thanks Jimym :] We are really excited to be working with a programmer now!

This morning I had a chat with Moritz & we exchanged some timelines for song samples. The team has been listening to the demos all day - You guys are in for a real treat! Very cool & funky sounds, definitely going to be an OST you'll want to add to your personal collection.
Can't wait to share more about that later!   Well, hello there!

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2015, 01:45:13 PM »

Very cool & funky sounds, definitely going to be an OST you'll want to add to your personal collection.

Beer!

Sounds like MV has smoothed out a lot of design wrinkles you guys might have had! Nice to know it is no longer a stake in your progress! Looking forward to more!

Chromanoid
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2015, 04:44:30 AM »

Great art. Great news.
I really like Moritz' music.

Subscribed Grin
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2015, 04:23:16 PM »

Coffee Feeling good about the game's progress! As always, thank you guys for the support.

I've been remaking an older map into the 2D isometric map you see here:

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2015, 08:45:19 AM »

Hello! We have launched our Press Kit page & released a Press Release to announce our new studio. If you are a fan of Arcadian Atlas and/or you have a journalist friend, please pass on this info and encourage them to write about the game. We are currently scheduling interviews with press, if interested please shoot us an email to [email protected]!

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2015, 07:16:00 PM »

Trying out some different levels of contrast & color balancing for this map. Do you guys prefer this new version more, or the one from my earlier post?

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2015, 07:51:26 PM »

After a few critiques I reworked some elements here and ultimately feel a lot better about this map! Now I've moved on (at least until the teaser video is complete) and I'm working on the ruins map now. More to share on that soon!

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2015, 09:20:38 AM »

Finished the ramps and half tiles, now our programmer can mess around w/ those in the map engine while Taylor and I start storyboarding the teaser video.  Wizard

JWK5
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2015, 09:37:55 AM »

I just want to say that this is definitely one of my favorite DevLogs on TIGS and I've been following along with it for some time now. I really like tactical RPGs and your project has piqued my interest. If there is anything I can do to help you all along feel free to ask. I do have a few suggestions (below), but ultimately I really like how it is turning out. Keep up the great work!
CoffeeToast Right

Suggestion 1

Suggestion 2
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2015, 04:29:22 PM »

Thank you for all the awesome help, JWK5! The rock wall & arch chunks were drawn a couple months back before my tendency to pillow shade became clear. Haven't really had a chance to go back & fix all of 'em just yet, but that's definitely the plan.  Smiley

Getting the final pieces of the seaside city map done so it'll be ready for the teaser vid. We've been busy storyboarding & planning the video. Lots of fun -- the creative brainstorming process is always my favorite!

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2015, 11:41:56 AM »

little bit of town progress, little bit of sprite progress. trying to get all our art assets together for the teaser video!

In other news, our programmer Austin has been busy creating our isometric mapping engine! Here's an early peek at that:

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2015, 11:34:20 PM »

It's coming along very well

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2015, 09:46:09 AM »

Thanks Jimym! We're at an exciting point in the dev cycle right now with all the new programming work coming in. Smiley

Got a bit more eye candy for you guys from our programmer last night:

The custom isometric mapping engine is almost ready for bug testing!

JWK5
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2015, 08:11:41 AM »

Other than that, everything looks awesome! Keep up the good work! CoffeeToast Right

EDIT: You can achieve the above by having your tiles slightly larger than they are meant to be so that there is a little extra room left for the parts that will overlap other tiles. Then, in your engine, offset the tiles so that they are placed correctly (and thus overlap correctly).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 08:22:33 AM by JWK5 » Logged
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2015, 08:15:23 AM »

Holy shit this game looks good. Definitely getting those FFT vibes.

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2015, 03:09:33 PM »

JWK5, thank you again for the awesome critique! Totally agree on the blockiness of the tiles, it's something we will for sure work on to help disguise the grid a bit more. Truthfully they're so blocky ATM just to keep it easier to work with in TileD. Once we are able to operate inside the custom iso map engine we can get away from the blocky look more and get a little more organic with the edges. We'll have to find some balance, as we've heard concerns on both ends of the spectrum that A.) the maps might not reveal ENOUGH of the grid, and B.) the maps are too rigid and grid-like. So it's something we'll keep iterating on until it's just right.  Smiley

For now, our team wants to wish everyone a Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

This is a great Christmas for us, this morning we woke up to a really exciting sneak peek at the isometric map engine our programmer has been working on. Soon it will be ready for us to bug test!

Hope this pic brings you guys as much joy as it brought us! We're super excited to get our hands on it.  Addicted

Until next time...!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 03:33:56 PM by BBreakfast » Logged

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2016, 10:36:54 AM »

Hello friends! Hope everyone's New Years is starting off well.

If we can reach 300 subscribers before the Kickstarter in April, we're going to offer a limited Early Bird tier for 15% off the game! If you are subscribed, you'll be the first to hear when the sale goes live.

http://eepurl.com/bqmphP

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2016, 02:08:06 PM »

While my brother is busy working behind the scenes on the announcement teaser video, I've been bug testing the (WIP) custom isometric map engine our programmer is working on. So far, so good! Abnormal objects such as trees, buildings and overhangs are next on the to-do list.

JWK5
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2016, 12:11:54 PM »

This game is turning out awesome! Keep up the good work!
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2016, 03:17:02 PM »

As always, thank you so much for the tips JWK5! That cloud background is actually one of the standard RPGMaker backgrounds, so don't worry - we won't be using it in the real game.  Wink You're totally right about the colors, they don't mesh at all. Probably should've chosen a better looking background to test the map editor in that video, it doesn't do the actual map editor any justice!

Currently we are working hard on the teaser video. My brother has several scenes fully animated and polished, here are a couple stills from those:

Can't wait to share the real deal with you guys soon!  Coffee

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic