Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411420 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 11:08:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsA Game with Robots
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: A Game with Robots  (Read 8763 times)
Plasticware
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 01:02:51 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!
That nurikabe guy rocks, I love him. He could double as something to give you a boost up to higher places Smiley

Lookin' cool. I love robots, so this is a win.
I actually hadn't considered the player climbing on top of him. Maybe! Although, considering how much his head moves when he walks...

What a deliciously phallic sprite!  Kiss
Damn it, Freud!

very good progress so far. Your latest one, yurigabe i think is charming. Somehow i would love to see some steam/smole coming of the top of it. I'm sorry he remind me top much of a chimney :D Maybe he could use smoke cloud to escape. Like a squid with their ink.
Smoke might be nice, but I'm sort of trying to keep this guy a little on the simpler side.

The nurikabe is looking awesome.

He could double as something to give you a boost up to higher places Smiley
Maybe when you beat him he falls over to make a bridge?
I was actually already planning on making him fall over when defeated, crushing enemies behind him, but I hadn't considered the bridge idea. Interesting...

Oh, and update, why not. Here's the title screen, still very much a work in progress.

Cliff kinda looks like crap, but it'll do for now? I mean, you can still tell it's a cliff, right? Ignore the green and red pixels in the sun.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 05:19:44 PM »

AAAAAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Even in WIP form, that is gorgeous. The sky, the clouds, the ruined buildings. And I like that cliff.

The firstpost sprites are also rather sweet. Looking good, Plasticware!
Kneecaps
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 05:47:38 PM »

Oh my god that cliff is so awesome. Kiss

That building with the sun reflect-y face is going to have more perspective lines on the lit-up face, right?
Plasticware
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 06:45:32 PM »

That building with the sun reflect-y face is going to have more perspective lines on the lit-up face, right?
...? Sorry, but I don't know what you mean. You mean the horizontal dithering I have in the sky? I just didn't feel like redoing that on the building, especially since the building and sky would sort of blend together. Different dithering technique, why not? I enjoy being inconsistent.

Oh, yeah, and I'll be adding reflections to some of the other buildings too. Might have to add in more buildings and other details as well - looks kind of empty. This thing's a long way from finished.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 06:20:55 AM »

actually the cliff is the only thing i really like, looks awesome

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 03:42:33 AM »

Whilst that does look great, the angle of the building's roof is creating a really awkward tangent with the perspective. The perspective is also inconsistent between that building and the others. In fact the perspective on the buildings are all a bit off, which is pretty noticeable given their very regular shapes and lined up layout. I love the sky and the cliffs.
Plasticware
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »

Perspective's off? I used the two colored pixels in the sun as the vanishing point for everything, so it should be pretty consistent. Hmm. I don't see it - sorry. Might just be because I'm used to seeing it that way after working with it for so long.

Also, everyone seems to like the cliff. I guess that's a keeper.
Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 01:18:16 AM »

Actually you're right ... that's weird. I think maybe it was that sloping roof (which still has that awkward tangent, but nm) that was throwing my eye off. Either that or I am just really tired these days!
SaintXi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2009, 05:49:27 AM »

What kind of action is there going to be? Shooting/fighting/jumping/puzzles? I love the look of the sprites - hope the gameplay is as good :D

Plasticware
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 02:28:29 PM »

I'm still working on this. I swear!

Here's a new enemy I just finished (sort of). It started off with this sketch.

My first WIP was this:

Sort of getting there, right?

Here's my most recent WIP - just about done, I suppose. He might still need some more red on him, though.

...So yeah.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 03:46:15 PM »

You kind of overdid the shiny shading thing but otherwise its beautiful.

Lo
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 05:19:53 PM »

I think more people should over-do shiny shading.
I really like this robot, especially how he has giant hands and feet, but tiny arms and legs.
You should make more ridiculously big and shiny robots!
Pigbuster
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 06:23:20 PM »

Very nice, though it's kinda weird how there're shadows on the highlights. Epileptic

I want to see these guys in motion, now.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:26:27 PM by Pigbuster » Logged
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 06:25:06 PM »

those sprites are really great.
 the title screen is really amazing. it has a great mood

Plasticware
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 06:47:55 PM »

Very nice, though it's kinda weird how there're shadows on the highlights. Epileptic
Ah! Thanks; I knew something seemed off. This is exactly the kind of thing I need feedback for - I would never have noticed that myself.

Thanks to everyone else as well! And who doesn't like shiny?
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2009, 08:09:54 PM »

Hey, I love shiny, I just think you overdid it. It's very distracting.

Lo
SaintXi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 12:09:06 AM »

It looks to me more like rough/scratched/brushed metal effect than lots of highlights. It makes a change from smooth chrome, and suits a battle robot.

I like all the little details behind the hulking armour plates.

Griff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2009, 06:11:36 PM »

Wow, really awesome sprite work.  The second level boss is killer!  The title screen looks sweet too.  When will we see some of this stuff in game?

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic