Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:09:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPLANETER
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: PLANETER  (Read 5935 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2015, 01:21:02 AM »

Yeah, drawing characters above that layer looks better. Really clever.

I think a simple solution might be simply to restrict the eye colours more to colours that are always "safe" against any body colour, at least for the main character.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 06:23:51 AM by Prinsessa » Logged

Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2015, 06:22:53 AM »

I'm curious where this sandbox experience will go.

Regarding the characters popping I would recommend to lower the saturation of the background with 10-20%. You could also try and experiment with the creatures' silhouettes more, for example drawing them with angular shapes and the background in soft forms, or vice versa.

dittomat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »

JUST A QUICK POST TO SHOW I'M NOT DEAD AND EXPLAIN WHAT'S GOING ON!

I've moved to Stugan, a Swedish games accelerator where 23 gamedevs live in a cabin in the woods in Sweden for 8 weeks developing their games! Here's a first of many videos explaining what it is and showing my mug talk about PLANETER a bit:

So I've lived here for almost 5 days now, working a bit and getting to know people a bit and also playing around a bit! It's FUCKING. AMAZING. let me tell you!

Anyways, I've updated the controls for the game a lot, with feedback from people here. I can't show screenshots of controls.. I caaaaan however show what else I've worked on! I've had some thinking about the way you create planets, and come to the conclusion that it should probably be simplified a bit. Solving puzzles and doing stuff, you will be rewarded with the ability to spawn a new planet, and I'm now working on what that will look like..

Here's a in progress gif of spawning planets nearby to the planet you're currently on:

Here's what I've got so far:

I've also added weight to throwing stuff, which feels amazing imo:

To finish off.. Yesterday I drew the stupidest .. dog..?

yo. @dittomat
Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2015, 12:32:53 AM »

I was pleasently surprised to see you among the people in Stugan when I saw their trailer. Best of luck, the place looks beautiful, I'm a bit envious. Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic