Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 08:17:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsClose Order -- Become a Badass Armada! + WE HAVE LAUNCHED!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Close Order -- Become a Badass Armada! + WE HAVE LAUNCHED!  (Read 5118 times)
RaconteurNick
Level 1

Business Dude @ Raconteur Games

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2015, 03:26:17 AM »

Updated our Greenlight page to add in those awesome quotes and give a more visible link to our demo. Check us out! Smiley

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2015, 07:31:07 AM »

Hi everyone, quick update!

Greenlight is going very well. We've lost the steam of the first few days, but that was inevitable. Trying my hardest to get the press interested, but with E3 around the corner... it's definitely an uphill battle!

Kind of frustrating that Phil Spencer of Xbox can find time for us, but not the media. But hey, it is what it is.

We've made tons of changes since our Greenlight demo went up, and it's all thanks to the feedback we've received through this Greenlight campaign. Gonna make a video and accompanying post in the next day or so about that! Smiley

Can't wait to keep sharing more with all of you.

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 07:04:08 AM »

This past week has been one of the most exciting of my life.

I met my team for the first time in person. They shelled out to come down to Lafayette for a week. Some traveled a few hundred miles, some traveled over a thousand.

I'm so grateful to work with such talented, brilliant people!

Now that it's back to just me here in good ol' Laffy, I'll be writing blog posts, updating the main post in this thread, creating some videos, and continuing our Greenlight push.

Special thanks to each and every person who has helped us in some way, shape or form. Smiley I'm so grateful!

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 01:02:47 PM »

Changes we've made since Greenlight --

• Fixed Greenlight temp. stuff
  • Redid the core of all changes in Greenlight demo, made them better!
  • Prototyped last levels of Early Access milestone
  • Scripted last levels of Early Access milestone
  • Polish run on first level
  • Repair armada option
  • Selling back minions option
  • Binding formations to numrow for custom formations
  • Minion names auto-generated
  • 4 new minions created
  • Improved various enemies
  • Implemented lots of secret features Smiley
  • Keeping formations consistent across levels -- more info on that later
  • Revamped hub world -- also more info later Smiley
  • New black hole model/FX
  • And many small things!

This has been a phenomenal experience. Keep the feedback coming, it helps us make it better!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:59:30 AM by RaconteurNick » Logged

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 05:00:26 PM »

Second dev diary -- meet the team! Smiley

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2015, 11:47:39 AM »

As part of Screenshot Saturday, let's talk about some of those previously mentioned changes!

We've done a lot visually. First, we redid the black hole and made it look more convincing.

You'll also notice lens flares on the player ship, as well as an exciting new addition -- MINION NAMES! They're auto-generated based on a massive list of names, so you really have a ton of different possibilities. This makes players feel a bit more attached to the minions, but not to the point where it bogs down the speed of the game. UI display of the names still not final. Smiley

Additionally, we've added two heavily requested features: selling back minions, as well as hover info on the custom formation editor!

You'll also see a little repair button down there -- these CFE changes are still being fine-tuned and aren't all there yet visually, still have some iteration to do. Smiley

I can't even begin to state all the data we've gotten from Greenlight, and it's all thanks to player input -- good and bad. KEEP IT COMING! Smiley

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2015, 01:27:15 PM »

More updates this week! One quick thing before we get there - almost halfway to the top 100! Smiley

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2015, 04:51:17 AM »

showcasing our changes! Please check this out to see how far we've come in just three weeks. Smiley

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2015, 04:25:17 AM »

We're 61% of the way to the Greenlight Top 100! So awesome!

I was interviewed for our local paper, and you can check that out here if you're interested. A pretty nifty profile!

As we move forward over the next few weeks, here's what's going on:

* Polishing Story levels
* Polishing Survival mode
* Adding tutorials
* Artist working on opening cinematic to tell backstory
* Squashing bugs!

If all goes well we can do Early Access next month, fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 08:52:36 AM by RaconteurNick » Logged

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 10:13:24 AM »

... GUYS. IT HAPPENED. WE'VE BEEN GREENLIT! :D

Thank you to everyone who has pitched in to help us in any way, shape, or form. Even if it was just a comment wishing us well, or a long deconstructing of our mechanics point by point to tell us what you'd like to see changed -- every single bit got us to where we are, and we will maintain that relationship with our fans.

Early Access next month! Woooo!

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2015, 05:21:53 AM »

Happy Wednesday! I've written a blog post summarizing our recent news: Greenlight, and more!

Check it out!

I mention in there that we were rejected from the Indie MEGABOOTH at PAX for the second time. While disappointing, we've got way too much going on to let it bring us down!

This company is built on people telling us that we don't belong -- it only makes our narrative stronger.

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2015, 12:25:34 PM »

Updates on all our channels have been slow because we've been eye-deep in work! We're polishing up everything we have in order to bring a badass Early Access release as soon as possible -- hopefully the final week of July, but no later than early August!

Stay tuned. Badassery incoming! Smiley

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 11:35:18 AM »

If any of you are going to QuakeCon next week, I'll be giving away Early Access copies! And if you're really into the whole storytelling narrative that we've got going on, we'd love to talk to you on camera to be a part of our next developer diary.

If anyone is attending and is interested, please PM me! Smiley Can't wait to meet you!

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2015, 10:39:39 AM »

WHOA! Past few weeks have been an absolute whirlwind!

We launch tomorrow on Early Access. Words cannot describe how surreal it is to look on the Steam store page and see us at the top of the "Upcoming" tab!

More updates tomorrow. Smiley Will keep you posted on how well we do, and also spruce up the front page!

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2015, 06:51:27 AM »

I've really neglected this devlog, so much has happened!

We had a solid entrance to Steam. We had to halt advertising about two weeks after we released because we wanted to make some pretty major changes, and we only just picked up again.

Now, two big challenges lay ahead: 1) marketing, and 2) continuing to add to the game.

Front page post has been updated. This will continue to be updated. New challenges are fun! Smiley

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2015, 01:08:13 PM »

The Devlog returns!

We've had our heads down since launch. I mean this very seriously -- the past three and a half months, we spent time fixing our game. What launched on August 7th and what the game is today on November 25th are almost completely different in terms of quality.

We were very, very rough when we launched. It wasn't as good as we thought. You look at something long enough and you can't see the flaws anymore. So we waited. We sought out all the feedback that we possibly could. We kept improving the game. And we made a gamble: We wanted to fix the core of the game before adding new content, because ultimately that would increase our workload.

For the past 3.5 months, we fixed and fixed and cut and improved and redid and... and we did so, so much.

The game that you can play right now is an incredible labor of love. We've completed our biggest milestone so far: the first major section of content for the game. There will be one more major piece of content before full release, which we hope to get out in the next month.

It's been an incredible journey. The odds have always been against us, and I will keep updating this devlog as we go through our final days of this project.

Communities like TIG have encouraged us and kept us going. I look forward to jumping back in, answering questions, and even helping you guys out in the Business section as usual. Smiley

Oh, and Close Order is on sale for 30% off for the next week!

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2016, 02:57:16 PM »

Oh man, so much has happened since I started this devlog almost a year ago!

We're launching the full game on January 21st! :D Steam announcement showcasing some recent changes.

TIG has been very helpful to us. Thanks for everyone who has helped us in some way, big or small... we're almost there!!

RaconteurNick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2016, 07:22:39 PM »

Wow.

This was the most incredible journey of my life thus far.

We just released a video game, and in 8 hours of full release we have sold more copies than during the first 24 hours of Early Access!!

Initial feedback is great and we seem to have addressed the biggest issues.

Thank you to everyone who helped us, and I hope you pick up the game. Grab it for 50% off!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic